Recently the screen in my N6 always turning on w/o doing nothing

Search This thread

shabydog

Nov 26, 2012
TLV, IL
Hi!
As i wrote, the screen just turning on without doing nothing.
I'm not touching...Only move it within my palms and the screen turnes on.
Anyone heard about that?
Your help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Sammath

Dec 24, 2008
Nijmegen
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It's called ambient display. Makes your screen turn on when the phone is moved after your screen turns off.
Basicly a replacement for the lack of a led light(talking non rooted non custom rom here)

Reactions: shabydog

shabydog

Nov 26, 2012
TLV, IL
Just turned off ambient display.
But...does it mean that now I wont get any notifications during phone at sleep?
Tnx!

scryan

Oct 19, 2013
Ambient display doesn't use much extra battery, it only illuminates the pixels its displaying and it keep the phone in a low power state.

It is your phone's stock visual notification system, so yes if you turn it off you won't get any visual notifications. If your phone is set to vibrate or make notification noises it will still do that. The phone does have an LED behind the speaker, so if you are rooted you can install something like lightflow to use your phone's LED for notifications instead/as well.

Reactions: shabydog

shabydog

Nov 26, 2012
TLV, IL
The phone does have an LED behind the speaker, so if you are rooted you can install something like lightflow to use your phone's LED for notifications instead/as well.
If you mentioned 'lightflow':
Yes, I am rooted and followed the tut for lightflow - But I still doesnt get LED notifications.
Any reasson why?
Tnx!

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
If you mentioned 'lightflow':
Yes, I am rooted and followed the tut for lightflow - But I still doesnt get LED notifications.
Any reasson why?
Tnx!

I don't use light flow, but I have heard of many having issues using that app. what I use is s ROM that allows for colored notifications, then I set my colors within the ROMs options. BTW, pure nexus ROM.

scryan

Oct 19, 2013
I don't use light flow, but I have heard of many having issues using that app. what I use is s ROM that allows for colored notifications, then I set my colors within the ROMs options. BTW, pure nexus ROM.

oh snap, I just realized this is the same guy who was posting in the lightflow tutorial thread and was told how to do it multiple times.
He does not have "run all commands as root" check in the settings, and insist its not an option. He just needs to go through the settings and enable that like the popup window when you first launch light flow tells you.

You gotta look through your settings man. I don't know what else to tell you, I don't use that app anymore but I have. And unless you go through all the options in the settings menu... The app isn't going to be able to write to the kernels file system to turn the light on.

heenryy

Apr 18, 2015
I have a question regarding ambient display. I know how it works and all that stuff, however, how many time the phone wakes up with the black/white screen? Because mine gets a notification, it shows it to me then without doing nothing it shows the notification again and again, every minute I guess for a long time. Is this normal?

scryan

Oct 19, 2013
Yes thats normal. Just like a notification LED will stay on, Ambient Display will show every now and again until you acknowledge the notification in case you missed it. Again, it uses almost no battery to do this, I have used the phone with it on and with it off and never really notice a difference.

shabydog

Nov 26, 2012
TLV, IL
I don't want to sound mean but if you Cant figure an app out I don't think you should be flashing ROMs
You will be surprisingly to hear that I do know well how to flash Roms...

You click settings.... Your looking for something to do with running commands as root.

Did you check under the "device settings and root" menu?
Reinstalled and after i gave the SU permission - I chose the following:
'Root mode' is on.
'Run every command as root' is on.

Let's see if it would work now.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't want to sound mean but if you Cant figure an app out I don't think you should be flashing ROMs

oh snap, I just realized this is the same guy who was posting in the lightflow tutorial thread and was told how to do it multiple times.
    He does not have "run all commands as root" check in the settings, and insist its not an option. He just needs to go through the settings and enable that like the popup window when you first launch light flow tells you.

You gotta look through your settings man. I don't know what else to tell you, I don't use that app anymore but I have. And unless you go through all the options in the settings menu... The app isn't going to be able to write to the kernels file system to turn the light on.
    It's called ambient display. Makes your screen turn on when the phone is moved after your screen turns off.
    Basicly a replacement for the lack of a led light(talking non rooted non custom rom here)
    OR.. it could also be an app, thats turning your screen on. there are many apps that do this, you should read your apps permissions.
    Ambient display doesn't use much extra battery, it only illuminates the pixels its displaying and it keep the phone in a low power state.

It is your phone's stock visual notification system, so yes if you turn it off you won't get any visual notifications. If your phone is set to vibrate or make notification noises it will still do that. The phone does have an LED behind the speaker, so if you are rooted you can install something like lightflow to use your phone's LED for notifications instead/as well.