[REF] GALAXY S4 (I9500/I9505) GSM / NON-HLOS - MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM/TWRP)

Search This thread
Update I9505UHPA1

Bootloader
Modem
Non-hlos/wifi fix
Modem full (combined)

Tested and working :)

Note: I did not test calling, I don't know if the bug is fixed (from I9505XXUPOL1) where you can only hear and speak when you enable and then disable the speaker mode. This only applied when you call, not when you receive a call.

HITMAN-CREED

Aug 5, 2013
● Urmia ●
I9505XXUHPA1
Build Date : 18.01.2016
Changelist : 5978264

I9505XXUHOL3
Build Date : 08.12.2015
Changelist : 6537318

So at last which one is newer & better?? More Changelist? or the Build Date?

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
I9505XXUHPA1
Build Date : 18.01.2016
Changelist : 5978264

I9505XXUHOL3
Build Date : 08.12.2015
Changelist : 6537318

So at last which one is newer & better?? More Changelist? or the Build Date?

Go by the change list number. A build date is just the date the build was put together, usually by the various network providers.

But remember, newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Use what's best for you, not that changing modems makes any difference particularly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you on a cm13 based rom?
If so, this is a problem on all cm13 roms and has nothing to do with the modem.

Problems here. No wifi after updating Bootloader and Modem_I9505XXUHPA1_FULL Am on Lolipop. 5.01. Was on: I9505XXUPOL1_I9505PHNPOL1_I9505XXUPOL1
What did I do wrong.
Cannot downlad I9505XXUHPA1, CSC I9505VFRHOF3 either because of a 502 error.
Who can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Go by the change list number. A build date is just the date the build was put together, usually by the various network providers.

But remember, newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Use what's best for you, not that changing modems makes any difference particularly.

The letter P comes after O, so UHP is newer than UHO

Reactions: SaulGoodman88

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
The letter P comes after O, so UHP is newer than UHO
Yes of course it does because that goes on it's build date but the changelist is the important bit. Samsung could rebuild a gingerbread rom tomorrow and would have tomorrow as it's build date and the firmware would be named ending in PB1, but it's changelist would be ancient.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew_adr
Yes of course it does because that goes on it's build date but the changelist is the important bit. Samsung could rebuild a gingerbread rom tomorrow and would have tomorrow as it's build date and the firmware would be named ending in PB1, but it's changelist would be ancient.

So what? That means that the latest modem is the latest letters. They won't just put a gb modem in a lp rom (unless they're stupid, because they make modems alongside with roms).

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
So what? That means that the latest modem is the latest letters. They won't just put a gb modem in a lp rom (unless they're stupid, because they make modems alongside with roms).

all this is pretty much irrelevant in the context of this thread anyway as continually flashing the "latest" modems is by in large a complete waste of time.

If Samsung finally release MM however, and you are or will be using a MM ROM, then it probably would be worth upgrading your modems to this as there could be a better change of your modem behaving better interfacing with your MM ROM (ie. RIL files)

Last edited:

Heathered

Jun 24, 2012
Belgrade
Problems here. No wifi after updating Bootloader and Modem_I9505XXUHPA1_FULL Am on Lolipop. 5.01. Was on: I9505XXUPOL1_I9505PHNPOL1_I9505XXUPOL1
What did I do wrong.
Cannot downlad I9505XXUHPA1, CSC I9505VFRHOF3 either because of a 504 error.
Who can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Go with HOL3, working rock solid (except problem with LTE, like other modems)...

Ilhan87

Feb 8, 2016
Does your LTE/4G work with HOK1 or HOL3 ?

Since the POL1 OTA, my phone did not register to the mobile network, so no phone signal, LTEor edge. Afterwards having tried several other stock firmware (HPA1), I got my phone signal back and got Edge/GSM working. (Wifi working but forgetting network)

Afterwards was looking to solve the Wifi problem, I had flashed the custom rom "Optimzed CysanogenMod" by JCDteam. Wifi works and remembers the network, phone works, edge works.

Tried flashing several modems with NON_HLOS on the custom rom, e.g. HPA1/HOK1/HOJ2/3 to recover 4g/LTE functionaly, nontheless it didn't work. Because of all the frustration I'm starting to think that Samsung deliberatly destroyed my phone :confused:

Is this a problem that modem can solve ?

vivmar

Sep 27, 2009
Brescia
OnePlus 8T
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts