Stock N1 Working Confirmation
Working Great. It is noticably faster, and the flash ad banners have already annoyed me! ;)
I had an unrooted, stock, N1 ERE27 (not euro/vodafone/at&t). Total novice.
For those who still dont know where to get it the file is hosted by google at:
Followed these directions (prev posted and linked sry no creds) to the tee:
1. Download file from link up there.
2. Rename the file to update.zip.
3. Note that if you're using Windows and don't have "show file extentsions" turned on in the file explorer you won't see a .zip. Just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
4. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
5. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
6. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
7. On the next screen, select "Recovery."
8. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
9. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
10. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.
NB: Its going to get you stressed and seem like its not working. Just let it do its thing and itll be fine :P