I created simple app to turn auto-backlight function on/off really quickly. I missed that feature on my HD2 and the need of doing 5 moves to get it changed was not much user friendly. So here is the solution!
Thanks for all your comments and ideas. This lead to following two versions that looks to be final.
AutoBacklightToggle (last update 2010/05/30):
Simply install the CAB below and you will get new program in Start menu called "AutoBacklight". When you tap the icon, it changes your auto-backlight setting from on to off or backwards based on your current state. Simple and effective.
AutoBacklightSteps (last update 2010/09/29):
The "Steps" are extended version of toggle. You can set predefined backlight settings that will be called each time you run the app. Let's say you select 10, 50, 100, Auto. First time you run the app, the backlight is set to 10%, second time to 50%, then to 100% and finally to Autobacklight. In next step the 10% setting will be back again.
There were few changes done on 09/29 (v1.0):
- the backlight is set to the same value for both the battery and external power.
- everyone can select what the steps will be (see below)
- everyone can select if he wants the change to be confirmed by pop-up window (see below).
1) There is a new TXT file in Program Files/AutoBacklightSteps folder called AutoBacklightSteps.txt. All the setting is done in there manually.
2) The first line is used to adjust the steps. You can use numbers "10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100" or character "A" which means autobacklight. Separate all steps with comma, otherwise it will not work. I attached the default TXT file to this post for reference.
3) The second line is used to turn the notifications on/off. Write there Notification=1 to turn it on or 0 to turn it off.
Last edited by react; 29th September 2010 at 10:18 PM.