Newest Smart Watch / Android Watch to look out! No.1 D5!

Search This thread

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
Oh no! and nobady had say it before here ?! (I read other people had this problem on this thread...)
no matter, it was a challenge for me !

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Oh no! and nobady had say it before here ?! (I read other people had this problem on this thread...)
no matter, it was a challenge for me !

Glad you got it sorted :)

Many people don't understand that the D5, K8 Mini, K9 and K8 Round are all pretty much the same.

K8 Round is very slightly larger on the outside but same hardware inside. The screen is therefore slightly different on the larger watch and is OLED.

There are around 6 threads here for the same base watch - MTK 6572 chipset, 4.4 KitKat, 512mb RAM, 4gb storage and take nano SIM card.

All four of them share the same launcher and watch face engine :)

I would encourage everyone to check out these threads - it's amazing how much information has been gathered here.

Reactions: negriton

smartwatchticks

Jun 26, 2015
Glad you got it sorted :)

Many people don't understand that the D5, K8 Mini, K9 and K8 Round are all pretty much the same.

K8 Round is very slightly larger on the outside but same hardware inside. The screen is therefore slightly different on the larger watch and is OLED.

There are around 6 threads here for the same base watch - MTK 6572 chipset, 4.4 KitKat, 512mb RAM, 4gb storage and take nano SIM card.

All four of them share the same launcher and watch face engine :)

I would encourage everyone to check out these threads - it's amazing how much information has been gathered here.

In addition to this one, here are the Associated Forums I know about:
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/k8-3g-round-android-4-4-t3207082
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/mini-k8-round-smart-watch-android-4-4-2-t3250601
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/k9-3g-da-house-t3313103
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/apps-smartwatches-mt6572-zgpax-s8-k8-t3293748
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/w812a-rom-v1-0-0-d5-k8-mini-t3313788
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/k18-k8-round-rom-initial-release-t3305598

And for clockskins for these watches:

http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/clockskin-extracted-1-d5-firmware-t3295297

Am I missing any?

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
Ok thank you. I read a part of k8 and do the same:
- official rom d5
- backup apns conf and telephony db
- kingroot (usb, until 79% ??)
- add my operator in backups and restore

All works fine. But I m waiting your next ROM !!

edipaduraru

Aug 14, 2012
Last night I took my watch back to stock D5 and K8 Mini firmwares - no OTA was available.

The No 1 website suggests it will be available shortly so keep an eye on it - it'll turn up soon.

For now I would just use the K9 firmware for stock or Loki's release if you want custom firmware. I use Loki's and have no issue with anything and great battery life.

Hi, pablo11!
I understand that you have a great battery life using D5 as phone actually, around 1,5 day; what rom are you using and what kind of settings, because I use my D5 as a companion with Swapp link, brightness at minimum and the battery is going off in less than 12-14h. I like this watch for it's full round dial, but I would prefer a good battery life at least 1 full day. What would you recommend me? Thanks!

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
I use Loki's custom Rom. I start with a clean flash of K9 stock Rom with custom recovery. Then I factory reset the watch. Transfer custom Rom to storage and adb reboot to recovery. Full wipe in recovery and install the rom......
That's it really - apart from going into the hidden settings and disabling Google sync.
I have my SIM set to 2g - 3g auto and GPS set to high accuracy.

Reactions: gasalinasv

diverles

May 3, 2008
alpine quest

Your youtube instructions on the D5 have been a great help.
I noticed that you have alpinequest as an app, which I also use, but am unable to point it at the maps I have installed.
do you Know the directory name for the "SD" card area of this watch?
Ta
Les

mauro_s

Jan 30, 2008
TRIESTE
ok, installed shareit .......

This is new firmware:

Attachments

• 20160314_182034.jpg
    20160314_182034.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 292

danesaia

Mar 1, 2016
Watch ROM(Memory) appears wrong

Simple question as it most likely something I am missing.

It appears that my Ram is correct at approx 512mb but my ROM appears to only be around 2GB and not 4GB. This is the NO.1 D5 watch. If need be I can post an image, but any thoughts are helpful.

Thanks

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Simple question as it most likely something I am missing.

It appears that my Ram is correct at approx 512mb but my ROM appears to only be around 2GB and not 4GB. This is the NO.1 D5 watch. If need be I can post an image, but any thoughts are helpful.

Thanks

Nothing is wrong, pretty much every Android device is like this. That 4GB is the total space on the device. That total space has the OS, data, kernel, recovery and everything else in it.

ok, installed shareit .......

This is new firmware:

Download the OTA but don't install it
There should be a new folder on SD called OTA or update
Inside that folder is a zip file, that's what you want to upload

I'm not sure how Share-it works but a third party file browser like would allow you to share the zip via BT, WiFi, email, Dropbox and so on.

Last edited:

mauro_s

Jan 30, 2008
TRIESTE
This is the second time you have announced an OTA update
I refer you to Post #697 9th March
Why is no one else seeing these

I'm Italian. Could you try set your watch on italian language and check if you can see OTA upgrade ?

I promise that the next update I grab the zip file before updating, and post it here

-

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Watch Droid Assistant

Some time ago I bought a smartwatch with Android and I was not satisfied with the applications that I found to handle it, for that reason believes:

Watch Droid Assistant - (Smartwatch version.)

Watch Droid Phone - (Phone version.)

Both use bluetooth directly to communicate.
    The applications are under test and may have errors, if so do not stop contacting me I will try to solve them as soon as possible.
    I clarify that the English is not my native language so I passed the application by a translator, for aids in the translation since already they are grateful.

Connect your Android watch to your phone so you can receive notifications of your selected applications, incoming call information, make a call, manage music playback, turn up or down volume, and more.

Notifications:

After giving permission to manage the notifications of the phone and select the applications you want to control you can respond the same from the watch.
    In the options of the application of the phone you will have the possibility to modify your predefined answers, to eliminate or to add.
    If the notification has the possibility of being answered the button will appear to be able to select one of your predetermined answers or the possibility of doing it by keyboard.

Call

When you enter a call to your phone the watch shows you the data of the call, with the possibility of rejecting it.
    After setting the fast call buttons, from the watch you can dial the number for a call from your phone in the following ways:
    * Select the configured contact.
    * Dial a number with a keyboard.
    * Select a watch contact and dial the number.

Music:

In the music option you can:
    * Open the default player on your phone.
    * Skip the theme, pause or play it.
    * Raise or lower the multimedia volume of the phone.
    GO HERE for all info etc: https://plus.google.com/communities/109827242607524552712

Before Asking Anything att all Watch / read / Learn This:
    http://youtube.com/smartwatchticks
    There is a lot of info on the channel.

Secondary: Before asking use the SEARCH function..
    Almost all questions are asked here already...

-- Will put summary here of all info--
    -- Contribution: Please send PM--

- Root:
    Flash TWRP and flash SuperSU Root.

- Alternative ROM : here

- Original Firmware: here

- Launcher: here with picture !

- Changing watch face : here

- For GPS issue (0/0 satellite) : here

- Internet over Bluetooth tethering (Android): Enable Bluetooth on watch. Connect Phone to Watch. Goto Bluetooth setting in smartwatch and tick the settings icon on connected device. Enable Internet over Bluetooth there. (check on your phone, it should be ticked there too automatically after setting your watch)

- MAC address fix (dynamic Wifi MAC (requires root)): here

- USB dock issue :
    - Open dock and check if all pins are nicely lined up. If not try to wiggle them or pull carefully out.. should work...
    - Or see here
    - Repair watch dock / spring return pins: Here

- Testing video : here

- Review of D5: here

- Different keyboards tested on D5: Here

- Uninstall apps that have admin previleges: Here

- Go to "Hidden" settings easy install Settings search: Here

- Apps for Smartwatches with Mt6572: Here

- Disconnecting battery after booting problems: Here with picture

- Threads of "the same" watches with different name but lot of usefull info and roms: Here
    I made keyboard for round display

And now work voice find from Google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbak2.JbakKeyboard#

Script upload later
    TWRP Recovery for K8 Mini and D5

Now that @Lokifish Marz has published this http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/oth...d5-k8-mini-t3313788/post65293239#post65293239
    for the D5, K8 Mini and X1 - here is the SP Tool flashable TWRP recovery image by @cyrux75 so all credit is to him for this. :good:

An incredible amount of time and work went into this and I think you will agree that the resulting touch format is fantastic - he has made something special here !!
    This recovery is suitable for D5, K8 Mini and X1 and possibly K9 - depending on screen resolution.
    Attached a pic of new format

The install is the same procedure as described in the K8 Round custom rom thread so refer to it if in doubt.
    Usual disclaimers apply - we are not responsible for anyone's issues here. Use this at your own risk !!
    1) Install MTK drivers required - there are many tutorials available for this so please ask me how to do this.
    2) Use the supplied scatter file and just select "download" and only tick the recovery image in the list within SP Tool.
    3) Make sure watch is powered off and then connect your watch to your pc and it will flash in a couple of seconds. Job done :)

I have also included a copy of MobileUncle.apk - useful for rebooting to recovery amongst other things.
    I strongly recommend that you use this in conjunction with the SP Tool flashable rom which Lokifish posted and I linked above - they were made for each other and would have been released together in an ideal world...[/QUOTE]
    I don't have the possibility to solder here, so I tried to let the battery discharge completely. But as I wrote in my last post I seem to have made it even worse by trying to flash the custom rom. Now the watch doesn't do anything, isn't recognised by the sp-flash tool and doesn't even show the battery status when connected to the charger. When connected to the pc I hear the connecting sound.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough before.

Once you have removed the back cover of the watch you will see a metal shield covering the pcb.

Carefully remove this taking note of how it presses back into place.

Under here you will find cables which are very tiny but actually have little plugs on them to allow removal without soldering anything.

You just need to determine which are the power cables and which are speaker - antenna etc etc..

I did this with the K8 and as long as you are extremely careful it should be ok.

It saved my watch several times when trying to get TWRP working in the early days.....