Originally Posted by Paul22000
Can you backup your FlashPlayer apk and attach it here?
Or let us know the details of A) Hex editing and B) updating the tarball?
EDIT: Better suggestion - rcxquake packaged the spoofed version of libflashplayer.so in a nice APK over here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=688054
I'm happy to - if you or somebody else can tell me exactly how to backup my currently installed Flash APK, I'd be happy to do it. I have the tarball and properties file from Titanium Backup that I re-packaged, but I don't know if that will work as is for others.
If you do it yourself, I can tell you exactly what I just did.
1) Open Titanium backup, backup Adobe Flash Player.
2) USB Mount your Nexus One
3) Copy com.adobe.flashplayer***.tar.gz from TitaniumBackup directory to desktop (I actually think there were two of them in there, I just picked one and guess I got lucky)
4) Pull libflashplayer.so from the tarball using 7zip
5) Open libflashplayer.so using a hex editor of your choice (I used the one from here: http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~prewett/hexedit/
6) Search for the string "AND 10,1,61,68" and change it to "WIN 10,0,32,18"
7) Save libflashplayer.so
8) Replace libflashplayer.so in the tarball on your desktop, then copy the tarball back into the Titanium Backup directory
9) Disconnect USB mount, start up Titanium Backup again and restore from your Adobe Flash Player backup
And there you have it - the quick and very dirty way to make Flash Player spoof another user agent on Android. We might want to spoof the O/S version too, but I didn't bother with that and this worked. Video is of course a bit choppy and all that, but I think that's the same as it was yesterday.
Attached my properties and tarball file I used with Titanium Backup. BTW, after working for a few minutes, I am now getting a message from Hulu.com that their video library can only be streamed within the United States. WTF? I am in New Jersey right now, I know it's a dump, but it's still the United States last I checked.
I'll try again in a few minutes and see what's up.