Google Music without Root?

Search This thread

Kocrachon

May 18, 2011
Title says it all. Is there any way to use Google Play Music on my fire TV? I at first tried with various "casting" or "mirroring" apps from my Phone, but none of them seem to work. Ive thought about rooting so I could actually install the google services stuff, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

I have the Fire TV 2.

EDIT: And I see this is a no question area... So if a mod could move it to the appropriate area...

Last edited:

Moose2000

Sep 15, 2015
Its Pretty Straight forward. Google search the following.

Google Login Service apk
Google Music Leanback apk
Google Play Store Leanback apk
Google Play Services apk

Install all apks
Go to Play store, log in. Should take you through set up questions and then fail to load the store. Then click on Play Music and your library should load. Just done it this afternoon and seems to run quite well

Kocrachon

May 18, 2011
Got it working but music seems to have a voice search only... makes it hard to find the band I want

Moose2000

Sep 15, 2015

dr150

Sep 17, 2010

Google Login Service apk
Google Play Services apk

Install all apks
Go to Play store, log in. Should take you through set up questions and then fail to load the store. Then click on Play Music and your library should load. Just done it this afternoon and seems to run quite well

In what order should I install these?

Do you have a link to the instruction set?.....

Will this have Google Play installed as well?.....

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Install Kodi, then use download the plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.7.2.zip and install it. After you have set up your password it work great.

https://app.box.com/s/hchh3jdrocgdgcug9vs8rv8uwqlihqk9

Do you have a link to an instruction set on how to install this within KODI?....

sviper

Jan 27, 2009

Google Login Service apk
Google Play Services apk

Install all apks

Thanks for this info. It worked well for me without any issues.

djwyman

Oct 28, 2010
Lake Charles LA
I used this method to get Google play music running on both my fire TV stick and my first gen fire TV. But even better I got it to work for Google play movies on the stick. It didn't work on the regular fire TV for some reason though. Everytime I tried to watch a movie all you got was sound. But installing the YouTube app for Android TV on said fire TV I am able to play my play movies under the purchases section. So anyone wanting play movies on their fire TV using the above method for the music also works on the YouTube app for sure and may or may not work for play movies

Dickinson78

Nov 7, 2016
For me the google play music apk doesn't install. After starting the installation process it stops with showing "app don't intstalled". Any ideas?

rcrh

Jun 21, 2011
Has anyone had any luck getting the search to work? It appears to be a voice search only and doesn't work on the FTV.
Additionally, I can't find a way to browse "stations". It recommends a few for me but they seem to be based on my personally uploaded library.

davejc

Jun 4, 2012
Philadelphia, PA

Google Login Service apk
Google Play Services apk

Install all apks

Followed the steps and was able to get Google Music installed. I have 2 followup questions tho.

1. Is there a way to get the newer version of Google Music? I use Stations more than I individual artists. I tried installing the latest version from APKMirror, but it won't actually connect to anything.

2. I keep getting notifications that I need to update Play services. Is there a newer apk I should be using?

For what it's worth, I'm on Fire OS 5.2.4.0

rcrh

Jun 21, 2011
Followed the steps and was able to get Google Music installed. I have 2 followup questions tho.

1. Is there a way to get the newer version of Google Music? I use Stations more than I individual artists. I tried installing the latest version from APKMirror, but it won't actually connect to anything.

2. I keep getting notifications that I need to update Play services. Is there a newer apk I should be using?

The google play music app won't work. You need to find the "leanback" version.
I haven't been able to find one newer then the one in this thread. Maybe someone with a nexus player or shield can help us.

Reactions: davejc

rcrh

Jun 21, 2011
I'm still new to the terminology with the TV systems.... "leanback" is the qualifier for Android TV Apps??
"leanback" is what Google calls their versions that are made to work with a remote (& do not require a touch screen).

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Funny that we are all looking for the same thing. Has to exist right?

I've got a friend with a Nexus Player, let me check with him.
That would be a christmas miracle! ;):good:

Reactions: davejc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Google Login Service apk
    Google Play Services apk

Install all apks
    i sent the link to davejc

the version from the Nvidia Shield is: Google Play Music_5.9.1863R.3304973

cheera
    Install Kodi, then use download the plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.7.2.zip and install it. After you have set up your password it work great.

https://app.box.com/s/hchh3jdrocgdgcug9vs8rv8uwqlihqk9

The google play music app won't work. You need to find the "leanback" version.
    I haven't been able to find one newer then the one in this thread. Maybe someone with a nexus player or shield can help us.
    I'm still new to the terminology with the TV systems.... "leanback" is the qualifier for Android TV Apps??
    "leanback" is what Google calls their versions that are made to work with a remote (& do not require a touch screen).

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Funny that we are all looking for the same thing. Has to exist right?

I've got a friend with a Nexus Player, let me check with him.
    That would be a christmas miracle! ;):good: