Canadian Note 5 thread

Search This thread

nambavuong

Oct 23, 2013
Ho Chi Minh
Originally I'm on Rogers couple weeks ago I flashed "Dr. Ketan L10 ROM" with "arter97 Kernel" everything working perfect, Can I flash this Bell MM over this, also
I have attache couple screen shots of the system info, from 2 deference app 1 with Samsung PhoneInfo app and couple from Android about phone. How come they aren't the same info, and I always though my model was "SM-N920W8".

Please someone help me out flashing MM ROM

Thank you
Odin your Bootloader and your baseband stock MM 920W8.

Then go to twrp, full wipe and flash rom, u will need kernel stock MM 920W8 and flash fix call audio.

Gửi từ SM-G935F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Reactions: jomaca9

hyewiz

Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Odin your Bootloader and your baseband stock MM 920W8.

Then go to twrp, full wipe and flash rom, u will need kernel stock MM 920W8 and flash fix call audio.

Gửi từ SM-G935F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Thank you for this great info

Rogers doesn't have MM out yet, so was thinking to Flash Bell ROM.
where can I get stock Bootloader, baseband and kernel for MM 920W8?
Sorry for all this request, I'm not to good with this latest MM flashing.

force70

Just flash the entire firmware package...no point extracting the files to flash separately.

Sent from my Note 5 or Nexus 6P

Reactions: hyewiz

simranjit3001

May 3, 2015
Calgary

Go to the tmobile note 5 general forum there's a kit there in a thread named how to install international rom

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Reactions: hyewiz

force70

You flashed the Skyhigh kernel from the Tmobilble Note 5 ?

I've got a Bell 920W8 with really bad battery drain because of deep sleep/knox trip. I need a rooted marshmallow kernel to flash.

No you dont.

Just flash super su 2.71....deep sleep issue goes away

Sent from my Note 5 or nexus 6P

Reactions: Berserk87

jomaca9

Nov 18, 2007
Wonka's Factory
Okay... here I go again... My device is a N920W8, but not Canadian (Puerto Rico - PCT). My carrier doesn't give a s**** to update normally, at least when is for OS updates.

I tried twice to install the Tmo kit to update to MR the BL & CP... both times Odin's result where "Failed!"... First time I even soft bricked the phone... I tried a second time, and failed.

Any idea how to update or where to find a W8 BL & CP, instead of the "leaked" kit to try a third time? I mean, hoping not to full brick the phone! LOL

And, yes, I followed all the instructions and downloaded the files twice to verify the sizes, renamed the files to .tar, as it's stated, updated the TWRP to the 3.0.2.1, etc.

Any suggestions, please let me know! I feel like a the Flintstones at The Jetsons' time running Lollipop instead of MM! LoL

BTW, currently running AryaMod Rome, with the included kernel, running good, but... Would like to be up-to-date! [emoji16]

Thanks in advance!

phil.W

Jul 26, 2009
Okay... here I go again... My device is a N920W8, but not Canadian (Puerto Rico - PCT). My carrier doesn't give a s**** to update normally, at least when is for OS updates.

I tried twice to install the Tmo kit to update to MR the BL & CP... both times Odin's result where "Failed!"... First time I even soft bricked the phone... I tried a second time, and failed.

Any idea how to update or where to find a W8 BL & CP, instead of the "leaked" kit to try a third time? I mean, hoping not to full brick the phone! LOL

And, yes, I followed all the instructions and downloaded the files twice to verify the sizes, renamed the files to .tar, as it's stated, updated the TWRP to the 3.0.2.1, etc.

Any suggestions, please let me know! I feel like a the Flintstones at The Jetsons' time running Lollipop instead of MM! LoL

BTW, currently running AryaMod Rome, with the included kernel, running good, but... Would like to be up-to-date! [emoji16]

Thanks in advance!

here

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N920W8/

or somewhere within the last 10 pages someone uploaded the 6.0.1
since w8 are all the same you should just be able to put it in AP and use ODIN

Reactions: jomaca9

Oogar

Apr 9, 2012
Toronto
Tried both kernels in the T-Mobile thread that have been updated in the last day or two (Sky High and Stock Modified).

Both seem to work, but was definitely having weird issues with the Sky High one (froze, couldn't get out of deep sleep, etc) so it seemed buggy at best. Went with the Modified Stock one and it seems to be working great.

Running Extreme Debloated Note5 MM rom.

jomaca9

Nov 18, 2007
Wonka's Factory
yup. there is also a post in there including the deep sleep fix, and the updated superSU. for rooting etc.
Oh, well... Just did the jump to MM using the files from Battlehero's post (Extreme Debloated Rom).

BL + CP, TWRP, Wiped, Flashed (to test) Androidwizzard's MyLilith's Rom + Stock (W8) Rooted (from Battlehero) Kernel... Done! I'm a MM user now! [emoji16]

Thanks for your attention! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

AlwaysLimey

Oct 8, 2011
Weve had official for awhile lol, you realize that flashing the firmware via odin is the same firmware you get from an OTA right?

We people wait is beyond me lol.

I'm sure. Honestly though after years of rooting and flashing.. I'm finished. OTA until a device is not supported anymore. Life is too short.

force70

I'm sure. Honestly though after years of rooting and flashing.. I'm finished. OTA until a device is not supported anymore. Life is too short.

I could not agree more lol, life is too short so I prefer not to wait for things i can have today :D

Your still here on xda so that desire to flash is lingering in there somewhere :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @shollywood and others,

The issue is there is a 64gb variant of the Note 5, just not available in Canada. If you want the edge + the 64gb variant is only available on Bell.

Apple offers the IPhone in 3 storage variations, Samsung did with the S6 and S6 edge. People like myself expected to see that trend continue with the Note series, it didn't.

I use the cloud extensively, but I also need local storage. I am an airline Pilot, I can't use the cloud half the time due to poor hotel WiFi, not in my own country and not wanting to pay half my paycheck in roaming fees, etc etc.

Everyone has different needs, quit slamming other peoples usage patterns because they are not the same as yours. Apple is about a walled, controlled garden. Android is supposedly about choice yet no one offers the storage options that Apple does.

If Samsung released the 64gb variant in all markets (and all colours while they are at it) or made 32/64/128 options standard for all phones without SD cards then we wouldn't have to have this futile discussion. Be mad at Samsung, not each other.

For the record, I do not have the Note 5. I am waiting for the Nexus 6p availability (128gb variant) and hoping Samsung releases the 64gb Note 5 in silver in the mean time.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Just in case N920W8 users that want to use N920C ROMs weren't aware that a simple fix is available:
    Download your ROM of choice.
    Download this fix.
    Move them to your phone.
    Make the back-ups
    Perform the wipes
    Flash the ROM
    Flash the fix
    Enjoy.

You are required to be on a marshmallow bootloader and modem, which are provided here
    Make sure you have the latest TWRP which is available here (This is flashed in the AP section)
    The latest Odin is available here
    Here's the 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for Bell (Will work on all Canadian carriers)

I downloaded it via SamFirm and uploaded the file straight to Mega, no modifications. Please double check the MD5 of the .zip after downloading.

MD5 of the original zip: 27e936f2a332304bd890f84a91b35ef9
    Extracted file info: N920W8VLU2BPC5_N920W8OYA2BPC5_N920W8VLU2BPC5_HOME.tar.md5

Instructions:
    Unzip and use Odin to flash to your phone. Put phone in download mode, connect to PC, open Odin, click on AP, select the .tar.md5 that you extracted from the .zip, flash. This will work with all Canadian Note 5's, model SM-N920W8, and you'll have the appropriate carrier apps and APN settings for your carrier.

Note:
    Remember to backup all your files, and I recommend doing a factory reset before updating to Marshmallow.

Enjoy!
    I just noticed that OK Google now works when my phone is locked; no more requirement to fully unlock the phone before I can use it.
    Why would you get two flagship phones? Any reason?

I like them both, couldnt decide which one to choose so just bought them both lol.

sent from my Nexus 6P, Note 5, Nexus 6 or Note 4