[SM-N920i] Note 5 6.01 Marshmallow Update

Search This thread

ahomad

Jul 11, 2011
Hi
I got MM update yesterday on my 920i, but gear vr still unavailable, anyway to get it?
also anyone noticed something cool and want to share it apart from performance or battery improvement, any new features?

m4gg0t

Feb 14, 2015
Since MM is out for N920I in singapore, can someone create the 4 files for those who flashed the N920G firmware on their N920I so that we can go back to N920I. XSP is singapore unbranded.

fernandocole

Dec 16, 2013
Buenos Aires
Android Wear
Since MM is out for N920I in singapore, can someone create the 4 files for those who flashed the N920G firmware on their N920I so that we can go back to N920I. XSP is singapore unbranded.

@m4gg0t
You can download one of the "XPS" files from this link, then unpack it and you'll get the four files, flash them via Odin, and then you will get the 6.0.1 OTA update (which downloads super fast!)

That's the way I did it.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Sorry no Spanish. Language available is only

Bahasa Indonesia
Bahasa Malaysia
English (Philippines)
English (United Kingdom)
English (United States)
Vietnamese
India (Hindu)
Korean
Chinese (Mandarin)

Thank you mister, thank you very much!

m4gg0t

Feb 14, 2015
@m4gg0t
You can download one of the "XPS" files from this link, then unpack it and you'll get the four files, flash them via Odin, and then you will get the 6.0.1 OTA update (which downloads super fast!)

That's the way I did it.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Thank you mister, thank you very much!

Thx, i will try this out.

Joel5

Feb 26, 2014
Is there somewhere better than sammobile to download firmware? I miss being able to download firmware direct from google and flash it as soon as it's out #NexusEnvy

m4gg0t

Feb 14, 2015
currently im flashing my n920i back from n920g with n920i 5.1.1 built then updating it to 6.0.1.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

flashing back works, my note5 is back to N920I. Updating to MM via OTA.

jonnyszt

Sep 28, 2015
Montreal
d816b6e8d0b5150d43213cad2668b479.jpg

Finally. Just have to wait

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

frnkly

Dec 17, 2009
Hobart
I get this knox message saying i have a threat now cant use wifi on certain apps.
install twrp and chainfire but CF failed near end .
Would this have been an issue with root

Joel5

Feb 26, 2014
Argh! I have the file, but dammed if I can figure out how to flash it! My Kingdom for a nexus! I never had these issues before :( trying to use Jodin3 on my mac, but it's just not playing ball. Any fellow mac users out there able to help a brother out?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wait till tonight, I may release stock ROM for N920I users and shouldn't have any issue. (I don't see right now any issue on my N920I device)
    Also it will come with stock kernel and likely it will be one stop flashing.
    Is there somewhere better than sammobile to download firmware? I miss being able to download firmware direct from google and flash it as soon as it's out #NexusEnvy
    HIGH SPEED DOWNLOAD LINK FOR SM N920I ROM
    http://d-h.st/9Ddg
    Some users have posted success flashing N920G India regions firmware onto the N920i. You can find the files posted on mega in this thread and then flash 4 files via odin. It's VERY early so proceed with caution and post any success or failures. There have been reports that the files from sammobile do not work correctly... Please read thread and use files from mega upload (link has changed several times, so I won't post here)

Update: I've successfully flashed the N920G firmware onto my N920i, no issues at all. I would say this is a safe option to upgrade to 6.01, no issues reported at this time.

Update 2: Received OTA update, still not issues to report

Update 3: Official MM firmware finally released, discussion starts on page 44.

Update 4: I'm staying on N920g firmware, several OTA's have already been released and have zero issues to report. You can flash back from N920g 6.01 to N920i 5.1.1, then receive the official OTA for that variant if you deem necessary.
    Still waiting for it's release.... any updated information, please post here.
    You made me click the thread .... lol ...

Anyways its a safe bet that it may be released AFTER march 12 when Galaxy S7 line is officially released in Singapore (SEA) ...