[ROM] [B386] KangVIP Slim ViperAtmos Black Pyramid Theme **UPDATE 11/01/16**

Should Huawei Backup be included in the rom?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Is there other 6" display phone out there? Nexus 6P is 5.7". Huawei Mate is 6". I just wonder if there are more 6" phones out there?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I know, I wish the 6P was six inches but honestly it's not really much smaller and with the awesome camera, dual stereo speakers and stock Android there are literally no bugs at all. I like it so far. If Huawei can fix the camera issues, use a better speaker and fix all of EMUI'S bugs in the Mate 9 then I would reconsider it.

Last edited:

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello all. Pappschlumpf is going to be taking over KangVIP Slim. I'll still be helping out behind the scenes but pappschlumpf is very capable of making the rom even better and I know he will. I'll still be around if anyone needs help. I'll try to contact the moderator and see if I can change the ownership to him.

Last edited:

hamadazh

Mar 10, 2012
Hello all. Pappschlumpf is going to be taking over KangVIP Slim. I'll still be helping out behind the scenes but pappschlumpf is very capable of making the rom even better and I know he will. I'll still be around if anyone needs help.

than you boss so much for your hard work :good:
thank you so much for everything :)
we'll miss you :)

Reactions: ajsmsg78

albireox

Nov 25, 2009
Timisoara
Hello all. Pappschlumpf is going to be taking over KangVIP Slim. I'll still be helping out behind the scenes but pappschlumpf is very capable of making the rom even better and I know he will. I'll still be around if anyone needs help. I'll try to contact the moderator and see if I can change the ownership to him.

That's great news. Thanks for all your work on this ROM.

Oxipitale

Jun 9, 2011
Toulouse

Hi,

thank you for your work and for finding someone to take over. Welcome to Pappschlumpf on this ROM :)

May I suggest a first step for the next release ? Disabling deviceidle seems to work quite well for notifications, so it can probably be integrated directly in the ROM.

SlyUK

May 13, 2015

That is excellent news. May we see this rom in future generations of the Huawei Mate Series too (if possible).

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Does anyone have Google on tap working? It was working for me for a bit and then it decided to stop.

Sent from my NEXT using Tapatalk

If I end up getting a P9 Max I'll be doing a Kangvip Slim for it.

Yeah, that will be a nice device too i think.
Big thx for your work and that you entrust your project to me :)

An update to B180 is ready and will be posted soon. ViperAtmos with preinstalled driver is included now and the basic gapps package is included too. For sure it is still a SLIM rom. A removed apps package is available too.

hamadazh

Mar 10, 2012
push to dedicated folder in system, change permission to rw-r-r, the folder to rwxr-xr-x

Gesendet von meinem Huawei Mate 8

ok :good:
thanks

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

take a look to the op ;)

04/29/2016: Updated to KangVip B180. Added ViperAtmos. Added more gapps.

hahaha nice surprise boss
nice to see you here
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KANGVIP SLIM FOR THE HUAWEI MATE 8

Here are modded KangVIP ROMS (made by the great HRT Team) which include a list of advanced features as well as the removal of the bloatware. Please hit the Thanks button if you like what I've done. Thanks to everyone for all your feedback, help, testing and suggestions. Without you guys this wouldn't have been possible. Please read this whole post for instructions and information.

Black Pyramid by @Blackball @Hen Ry and pappschlumpf
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

The original bootanimation you could find in removed apps zip

I'm not responsible for any bricked device! You flash this @ your own risk!

Features:
    -Based off of latest AL10 firmware
    -Insecure boot.img
    -Does not force encryption
    -4-in-1 Reboot Menu
    -Pre-Rooted with SuperSU
    -KangVIP Tools (K-settings)
    -AdAway
    -Total Commander File Explorer
    -Automatic Call Recording
    -Strobe on incoming call
    -DPI Changer in K-Settings
    -Xposed
    -ViperAtmos with preinstalled drivers
    -Perfect colour bar
    -Extra EMUI Themes
    -Blur Wallpaper
    -Slightly Debloated
    -Merged AL10 & L29 cust
    -Multiwindow for 381 apps
    -Google Play Store
    -Google Contacts Sync
    -Google Calendar Sync
    -Google Keyboard
    -Google Chrome
    -Google Hangout
    -Google Mail
    -Google Drive
    -Added two dark themes
    -Fast & Snappy

Instructions:
    -Boot into TWRP
    -Do a wipe
    -Flash ROM
    -Profit
    -Be patient on first boot
    -On first boot SuperSU should pop up asking for permission for KangVIP Tools. Allow it.
    If you flash dirty, wipe Dalvik and cache, please.

-The HRT Team for their great KangVIP ROMs
    -Chainfire for SuperSU
    @wanam for his custom Xposed version
    -Thx to ajsmsg78
    - @guitardedhero for ViPER|Atmos
    - thx to quanhei8 theme template maker
    -Please hit the thumbs up button if you like the ROM
    -To anyone running my rom

Warning! Not for directl update from B172, B180 etc. You've to flash B3xx/B320 stock ROM first! L29 users return to B1xx stock and flash B320 international with dload method first, please! AL10 users return to B1xx stock ROM and update to B321! If it's not clear how to do that, please stop here and study some guides in general section before you continue!

Encryption enabled in new build, no data will be lost during encryption process on first boot. Anyway i recommend a backup before updating! Flash TWRP with encryption support after update to B350! Have fun guys! If encrypting during first boot is not working for you, use dload method to encrypt with a B3xx stock ROM that suits for your device. If you don't know what i'm talking about here please flash another ROM.

Download B356SP01 KangVIP Kernel not forcing encryption!

------------Current Build B386 (11-01-2016))-------------
    B386 ViperAtmos Download by Hen Ry Link: (Build 11-01-16)
    B331 Removed Apps:[/COLOR][/U][/B]
    [URL="https://mega.nz/#!8oFTEITS!h8Cf2TvM7kSZvRQZp9jtDPznTLP-hqX7v1QstrIenhs"]https://mega.nz/#!8oFTEITS!h8Cf2TvM7kSZvRQZp9jtDPznTLP-hqX7v1QstrIenhs

----------Changelogs-----------

05/19/2016
    Update to KangVIP B323
    Patched multi cust to show most features in any region
    Please tell me if you're missing features in your region
    05/25/2016
    Update to KangVip B323A
    Fixed ViperAtmos installation!
    05/25/2016
    Updated base to B331
    06/03/2016
    Optimized updater-script
    Much faster installation
    Preinstalled Xposed framework 85.1 by @wanam
    Xposed works out of the box!
    06/08/2016
    Update to B350
    Updated SuperSU to 2.74
    Patched kernel with 2.74 su binary
    Encryption enabled now.
    Use new TWRP with encryption support
    06/10/2016
    Removed xposed files
    Please install xposed with twrp
    07/10/2016
    Updated KangVIP base to v2
    Updated updater-script
    Modded Kernel to SuperSU 2.76
    SuperSU updated to 2.76
    Updated Black Pyramid Theme
    Replaced Huawei Music with EU version

---------Helpful Hints----------
    -After you install Xposed, go into Xposed installer if you're getting Framework not active and check "disabled resource hooks" then restart. Xposed will be active.
    -To help prevent apps from not showing notifications move them from data/app to system/app and set the proper permissions. (rwxr-xr-x for folders and rw-r--r-- for apk's)
    -To remove any Chinese writing on the date in the statusbar go to Settings-K-Settings-Notification Settings and disable status bar lunar
    -To remove any Chinese writing on the lockscreen go to Settings-K-Settings-Lockscreen and desktop settings and disable Lunar calendar & Desktop weather lunar.
    -To add additional Google accounts go to Settings-->Advanced Settings-->Backup & Reset-->Make sure Back up my data is on. Then tap Backup Account and hit add account.
    -If you need help, please give a little more information than saying something won't work. State your model as well as the system you were on and what you tried to solve your problem.
    -When using the DPI changer in K-Settings do not use the stock Huawei App Layout option to change DPI. They don't play nicely together.
    -There is little difference between the Chinese and International roms as the Chinese versions of custom roms have google apps already installed.
    When nougat is released I'll probably, possibly, maybe cook up a KangVIP slim for old times sake.
    KangVIP-Slim-B386-ViperAtmos.zip

+ SR2-SuperSU-v2.78-SR2 / with su in boot.img
    + AutoNaviFLP

Requirement:
    flash Stock Update.zip B380 or B386 -> Fingerprint will not work.
    New version with pre-installed Xposed framework online. The installation is running much faster now!

NXT-AL10C00B380 (1.63GB) -> Tomorrow or overmorning comes the org. kang, later then the Slim. :) :good:

380.PNG