[TOOL] PRFCreator - easily create pre-rooted firmwares

Search This thread

juanpirulo

Have I missed anything or is it safe to flash PRFCreated MM (Android 6) with XZDR in my TabZ3C? (currently running Android 5.1.1& XZDR with lb ).

Sent from my VGN-NS10J_S using XDA-Developers mobile app
But did you read lastest posts? No no no you cant used nuts dualrecovery with mm. Please read the last pages and the threads related to mm root and recovery. Cheers

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: ecksdeeay

kirpeace

Dec 26, 2010
i tried using recroot v3 in extra with prfcreator 1.3 but i am getting boot loops after system starts

w. junior

Dec 22, 2010
Hello, the extra files are not working?
I tried to make a MM ROM for the D6633, using the dummy flashable, RecRootV3, Xposed and some Apps, but only RecRoot was flashed
I use V1.3

Attachments

• prf.png
    prf.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 608

spamam1

Dec 29, 2008
Can't find anything about TabZ3C (SGP621), all seems to be related to Z3 phones....I guess I need to use PRFCreator with RICdefeat & stock ftf. Is this right?

EDIT; Done (as I thought above, after trolling through XDA, thanks to all info!)[emoji3]
Hi,

I also have the Z3 Tablet Compact; can you take me/others step-by-step?
- I downloaded the 23.5.A.0.570 firmware via XperiaFirm (in my case, Customized US)
- planning to create .FTF but exclude all .TA files (was 3; now 5?)
- do / do not use RecRootv3 under "SupeSU"? (from what you posted, guessing no?)
- do use RICDefeat under.. Extra? also, the one I have for the SGP621 is from 2015;
same? or different/updated for MM?
- anything else?

thank you!
-

ecksdeeay

Aug 18, 2012
Sony Xperia 5 II
Sony Xperia 5 III
From rooted Android 5.1.1 with XZDR (from within recovery), install the PRFCreated as in link shown below
With LB (Never have unlocked my ZTab3C bootloader)
Hi,

I also have the Z3 Tablet Compact; can you take me/others step-by-step?
- I downloaded the 23.5.A.0.570 firmware via XperiaFirm (in my case, Customized US)
- planning to create .FTF but exclude all .TA files (was 3; now 5?)
- do / do not use RecRootv3 under "SupeSU"? (from what you posted, guessing no?)
- do use RICDefeat under.. Extra? also, the one I have for the SGP621 is from 2015;
same? or different/updated for MM?
- anything else?

thank you!
-
https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...type=t [LB/UB] [Recovery/Root] Sony 6.0.1 MM
Sorry that link goes nowhere! ( I think I meant this 1;
http://xdaforums.com/z3/general/wip-sony-android-6-0-mm-t3337357

Post #535 (in message thread) from that link gives the dummy zip with explanation

Last edited:
Reactions: spamam1

loonlekim

Mar 15, 2013
Last edited:

glowfinger

Apr 1, 2011

glowfinger

Apr 1, 2011
Yes, i know that this file is for prfcreator. I only want to know if I can make a zip with just a simple txt file and use it as Dummy.zip or if I have to use a zip like the above with an Updater Script...

Masoud.Ser

May 9, 2013
Xiaomi 11T Pro
hi
i make rom As:
dummy_flashable in supersu box and RecRoot-v4 in recovery box and check mark all in include
after make and flash with twrp 3.0.2 Occurs a bootloop
i tested with all wipes before flash and also Without wipe
but after flash only system rom with flashtools rom booted but no root and recovery
my device is Z5-unlock bootloader- rooted with kernel and drm restore-Fw185mm

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing my new tool called PRFCreator. With this tool, anyone can easily create a pre-rooted firmware.

What is a pre-rooted firmware
    A pre-rooted firmware is a firmware, which already includes root. This is for example important if you want to update the firmware to a version, where there is no public root exploit. To flash a pre-rooted firmware, you need a recovery menu. An unlocked bootloader is not required.

How does the tool work
    The tool should be self-explanatory. SuperSU zip can be downloaded from here. [NUT]'s dualrecovery (*.flashable.zip) can be downloaded from here. Recovery is optional and if your device is not supported by dualrecovery, you can use any recovery (just has to be a flashable zip).
    Depending on the firmware size and your computer speed, generating a pre-rooted firmware can take up to 7 minutes. The pre-rooted firmware will be created in the directory of the executable and called flashable-prerooted.zip.

j5yxp3.jpg

The order for the extra files is
    1. Extra flashable
      • In the order you added it initially in the GUI
    2. APKs

TWRP is recommended for flashing!

Note: If you do not include the kernel in the pre-rooted firmware, it's recommended to flash it afterwards with flashtool (check "system" under Exclude).
    Note2: I am not responsible for any damage done to your device or if you end in a bootloop.

Credits
    Androxyde - some helpful information about sin files from his flashtool
    [NUT] - used his flashable scripts as base
    E:V:A - sgdisk utility compiled for arm
    dotnetzip developers (note I'm using a slightly modifed version with a bugfix)

Requirements
    Microsoft .NET 4.0

Source code
    https://github.com/dosomder/PRFCreator

Changelog
    • v1.3
      • Fix a signing bug when PRFCreator was in a folder which included a space (thanks Calystos)
      • Allow multi select for Extra Zip / APK
      • Update sinflash to v0.42 (fix sha256 bug (thanks RoberM) and large zip file handling (thanks Fragmentation))
    • v1.2
      • Fix a signing bug (thanks RyTekk)
      • Fix bug when flashing multiple apps
      • Update lz4 lib and 7zip binaries (thanks tetsuo55) and dotnetzip library
      • Update sinflash binary to v0.4 (supports now also non-msm devices, thanks eoinkennedy for report)
    • v1.1
      • Allow users to add APKs
      • Improved sinflash to allow compression
      • Fix smaller bugs and improve speed
    • v1.0
      • New method using sinflash (sin files are flashed on the phone directly instead of extracting on the computer)
      • New busybox
    • v0.9
      • Compatible with mono
      • New settings file to change temp folder and choose another destination for the pre rooted firmware
      • Work towards new sin format introduced with Z3+
    • v0.8
      • Add the ability to include additional flashable zip files
      • Display information when clicking on version number
    • v0.7
      • Add zip signing option
      • Small fixes in code
    • v0.6 - Nuked (wrong binary uploaded)
      • Prefer to use gpt uuid instead of partition names
      • Add different modem sin names
      • Clean code
    • v0.5
      • Fixed bug with missing dualrecovery
      • Added check if SuperSU and recovery are flashable
      • Added ability to flash modem
      • Support for sin v2
    • v0.4
      • Make dualrecovery zip optional
      • Fix exception if file does not exist in sin
    • v0.3
      • Initial release
    I have a question!
    • What should I check under 'Include' ?
      • Kernel: Personally I recommend to check kernel. For some firmwares it's important otherwise the phone won't boot.
      • FOTAKernel: This kernel is used for OTA Updates. I recommend to include it.
      • Modem: This is the baseband / modem. Some updates can give you slightly better battery life and signal.
      • LTALabel: This is a partition with regulatory informations. It should not really change the performance of your device. I recommend to include it.
    • Do I need to include a recovery?
      No, recovery is optional. If you do not wish to include recovery you should add this flashable zip under Extra Files to be able to mount system as rw: https://github.com/dosomder/SonyRICDefeat/blob/master/RICDefeat.zip
      Note: If your bootloader is unlocked, this is not needed as RIC will be disabled anyway.
    • Can I edit system.ext4 inside flashable zip?
      Yes, you can edit it on a linux machine. You don't have to change anything else in the flashable zip. See here for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55547862&postcount=246
    • What is zip signing?
      For a proper flashable zip, zip signing is used. It generates a hashtable of all the files in the flashable zip to verify its integrity. Note that zip signing might double the process time of generating a flashable zip.
    • Does it wipe my user data?
    • What is extra zip?
      With this feature, you can include additional flashable zip files. An example is to include Xposed directly (you can find the flashable zip in the Xposed apk).
    Updated PRFCreator to v1.0 :fingers-crossed:

The system partition on some newer devices are 5GB. This is too much for a zip file. Google or the recovery menu devs do not plan to add support for zip64 so I had to search a solution.
    The new method using my tool called sinflash will flash sin files directly on the phone. PRFCreator will simply pack all the sin files together. That means the pre-rooted firmwares are smaller and faster created.

However you can still use the old method (which extracts the sin files to images on the computer) by checking the Legacy mode checkbox.
    Released new version v1.1 :cowboy:

Major changes:
    • Users can now add APK files to Extra Files and specify if they should be installed to system or data partition
    • Fixed a bug where SuperSU was not installed when system partition was mounted before flashing the firmware
    • sinflash now supports compression which reduces the size of the firmware (most recovery menus only support flashable zips up to 2GB)
    • Add system image at the end of the zip which will speed up generation significantly (Idea by _SIL_)
    Well, I have a fully working zip for my C6903, I'm running it now.

The first time I didn't include recovery and you don't get full root.
    Apps can ask for root access, but the system folders will not mount, and you cannot write to them.

For anyone wanting Stock 5.0.2 Lollipop on their C6903 with full root, and recovery :-

It will leave you on stock C6903 Lollipop 5.0.2. Customized UK firmware, with active customization 1276-0875_R2D

Be aware this is for the C6903 only.

It will also give you full root access, including system folders which are mountable and writable, plus NUT's Z1 Dual Recovery which can be accessed from the boot screen by pressing volume up or down, depending on which recovery you prefer, or from the 'NDR Utils' app which is also installed during this process.

You will need to download this pre made zip file, which is currently named flashable.zip

Download this zip file --> https://mega.co.nz/#!qlAETCqJ!Ln4c0MncBq2XPA37gFWeY3VZVz77qk8iJMDiFbjQ3jI

Copy that zip file to your SD card, and put it in a folder called something like 'Pre rooted 5.0.2' or whatever you prefer, or change the name of the zip file if you wish.

Boot to recovery.

In recovery wipe:

System
    Data
    Cache
    Dalvik Cache

You do not need to wipe your internal memory.

Install the flashable.zip

Reboot system

That's it!!

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Creating your own working zip file.

Ok, so where do we start? With a stock ftf file, right?

If you have a completely stock .ftf file you are happy with, and wish to use, then you don't need to follow the steps below. You can go straight to using PRF Creator, although you may find the intermediate steps interesting.

For those of you who are looking for the most recent firmware for your specific model, region, branding, etc. then there is a nice little program called XperiFirm.

You can download, and read about the latest version from here --> http://forum.xda-dev...loader-t2834142

Don't forget to say thanks.

This is the one i have used. It is version 4.5.1
    Download XperiFirm --> https://mega.co.nz/#!XlAzCRQD!Sn6KHt7-FobB5cCEojQ8kSYIXuc10XDHnKvejZk2dsQ

Once you have downloaded it, run the program and you will see the following screen

01%20-%20Select%20firmware.png

Select your phone, and then model in the left hand list, and XperiFirm will display all available options in the middle pane.
    Choose the region, and branding you are looking for.

As you can see, I have already selected Xperia Z1 > C6903 > Customized UK.

In the right hand list, XperiFirm will then display the available downloads.

In my case, it shows both the 14.4.A.0.157 Kitkat 4.4.4 firmware, and the 14.5.A.0.242 Lollipop 5.0.2 firmware.

Well, I wanted Lollipop so I clicked on the top one, 14.5.A.0.242

Whatever you choose, will display a download window, like this

02%20-%20No%20unpack.png

Make sure you untick 'Unpack automatically' as it is ticked by default.

Now click 'Download'

Navigate to where you want to save, and once it has finished, you will see another prompt like so

03%20-%20No%20unpack%20confirm.png

Click 'No' and exit the program.

You now have the stock version of whichever firmware you wanted, as a base to create your stock rom, rooted, with Dual Recovery.

When you look at where you downloaded the firmware, you will not see a .ftf file. You will see a number of files, usually four, that begin with 'FILE' and some numbers. This is totally fine, and is how Sony store their firmwares. XperiFirm is downloading the source files directly from Sony's servers.

So now we have our firmware, just not in .ftf format.

What we need to do now is decrypt our 'FILE's and create out own .ftf

To do this, you will need Flashtool, and preferably the latest version.

You can read about, and download Flashtool from here --> www.flashtool.net

I used version 0.9.18.4 --> https://mega.co.nz/#!OhQC2DyT!FTGosP5IFJEUaktkhU6KggifNC79Xp782-1PGKcgsIY

Run Flashtool and when it has synced, in the menu bar, at the top, click on Tools > Bundles > FILESET Decrypt.

Select your Source Folder and you will see the FILEs appear in the list below, like so

01%20-%20Select%20and%20convert.png

Select them all, and click the right arrow in the middle to move them all across.

Click on 'Convert' and Flastool will begin converting the FILEs, like so

02-%20Decrypting%20files.png

Once Flashtool has converted the files, you will see the following

03-%20Choosing.png

Double click in the greyed out space next to 'Device' and choose your Device

In 'Branding' type which branding you are using, e.g. 'Customized UK'

In 'Version' type which version you are creating, e.g. '1276-0875_14.5.A.0.242_R2D'

In the section underneath, move everything across to the right by selecting the item, and clicking the right arrow in the middle, but leave the two files marked with 'TA', like so.

04-%20Chosen.png

Now click on 'Create'

Your .ftf file will be created, and placed in the Flashtool > Firmwares folder.

That's it. You now have a completely stock .ftf file of your chosen firmware, ready for the next step, which, incidentally, you could flash as is if you wished to revert to a complete stock setup, without root or recovery.

Following the next step will create a rom which is stock, rooted, with Dual Recovery, as a zip file that can be flashed from an already existing recovery.

Creating your stock, fully rooted rom, with Dual Recovery using PRF Creator

Ok, so we've got our stock .ftf, so what else are we going to need?

You will need the latest version of SuperSU, which can be dowloaded here --> https://download.cha....eu/696/SuperSU
    I have version 2.46 --> https://mega.co.nz/#!q9RSXYYQ!OLdWhoBlWR_dSYKcEW4E0mRJFL-XskZHPx-sOdOY0VU

You will need the latest flashable zip version of NUT's Z1 Dual Recovery.
    It can be downloaded direct from NUT's download page, here --> http://nut.xperia-files.com/
    Make sure you download the flashable zip version, NOT the installer version
    I use Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.8.15-RELEASE.flashable.zip --> https://mega.co.nz/#!vl4kjRCL!vwO63HbKUkUlVIowXp7WAjEZG_XFutJkm9IBnJrCLrA

Now you have all the parts to make your own rom, you will need to put them all together, and that is where PRF Creator comes in.

You can read about, and download the latest version of PRF Creator here --> http://forum.xda-dev...te-pre-t2859904 - which is where we are lol
    I use version 0.8 --> https://mega.co.nz/#!L0ZHDDqC!mPxJL32zPkIf12YZshApIdNVV8JNRcHnmgjIPRaC7-Q
    Download and extract the zip.

Run PRF Creator.

You will see here, I have already selected my options

01-%20Select%20options.png

Use the three dots beside each of the top three sections to browse for your .ftf file, your SuperSU zip, and your recovery zip.

Tick the four boxes under 'Include' on the right hand side, for Kernel, FOTAKernel, Modem, and LTALabel.
    Do not tick 'Sign zip'

Click on 'Create' and let PRF Creator do it's thing.

Your screens should progress as follows

02%20-%20Create.png

03%20-%20Step%204.png

04%20-%20Step%205.png

Here you can see SuperSU being added to the rom

05%20-%20Step%206%20Add%20SU.png

And here, the Dual Recovery

06%20-%20Step%207%20Add%20Z1%20DR.png

And finally,

07%20-%20Finished.png

And there you have it. Close the program by clicking the cross in the top right corner.

You will now find in your PRF Creator folder, a flashble zip file called, well, 'flashable.zip'

All you need to do now, is flash it.

Copy the zip file, from the PRF Creator folder, to your SD card, and put it in a folder called something like 'Pre rooted 5.0.2' or whatever you prefer, or change the name of the zip file if you wish.

Boot to recovery.

In recovery wipe:

System
    Data
    Cache
    Dalvik Cache

You do not need to wipe your internal memory.

Install the flashable.zip

Reboot system

That's it!

Hopefully you are now enjoying your pre-rooted choice of firmware, with Dual Recovery.

If you have any problems, I don't want to know . . . lol just kidding :laugh:
    I'll always try and help if I can.

I'd just like to say thank you to all the people who make this kind of thing possible. There's too many to list, but I've linked to the respective works that I've used in writing this guide, so anyone reading this, if you find it useful, please say thank you to the person involved too.

Here are a few screenshots, just so you can see.

Screenshot_2015-05-08-03-07-40.png

Screenshot_2015-05-08-03-05-31.png

Screenshot_2015-05-08-03-06-02.png

Screenshot_2015-05-08-03-06-31.png

Screenshot_2015-05-08-03-06-57.png

Screenshot_2015-05-08-03-08-33.png

Good luck to you all, I hope this helps :good: