Or Continue to Thread: [ROM]RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_2.03.4…
Find Your Device:
8th June 2010, 10:10 PM   |  #10  
London
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasenk

I'm getting permanent Error 170/171 USB connection error. I'm using Windows 7 64bit. Someone experiencing the same issue?
I installed the latest HTC Sync and latest USB driver. When I start RUU procedure it reboots the phone and installs bootloader driver on Windows which needs a restart. I do not restart in order to not interrupting the RUU process. After about minute I got the error Error 171 USB connection error. Then I restart the phone and the computer and start the RUU process over again but the second time it cannot find that the phone is connected to USB... Very weird... Could it be because of Windows 7 incompatibility?

I'm using win7 x64 too, and I don't get that problem. try "adb devices" in cmd. If you get device number its should be okay. What I've done , and worked is made goldcard I've gone into bootloader (turn off phone, press and hold volume down and power on, holding vol down) then I opened the RUU with administrator permissions, and it worked. Try and tell us if it worked for you too.

But remember. YOU NEED to make a goldcard

Tutorial how to make a goldcard, follow the link: