Froyo Is Here! Even with the cool Kang-o-rama look!
Full FRF83 deodexed, rooted ROM built just for Kang-o-rama
Now with QuickDesk - Total "awesomeness" from the author of HelixLauncher!!
Lite & Small Kernel Editions - See Below
Yes, that's right folks it's here. Whilst not every bit as functional as CyanogenMod we do have a damn quick and awesome looking build of Kang-o-rama for Froyo based on the very latest Google code.
If it hadn't been for the efforts of so many we would not be here so quickly. Thank you all!
Although this is beta 2 it is the first FRF83 release. Please consider this when are deciding to upgrade. I have deodexed this rom myself and it will contain some errors (I've already seen some). For the most part the basic functions are perfectly stable.
I need USB and WiFi tethering tested, WiFi connections under heavy load tested, Bluetooth tested. Please report back.
Because this is beta software please only install it if you are prepared to restore from nandroid backup.
: This rom is not from a rom kitchen so I'd appreciate it if you could link back to this thread if you use some of the custom content (which you're welcome to do!).
QuickDesk rocks but please first set your default launcher to ADW.Launcher then play with QuickDesk, you can adjust your settings later.
- Froyo Android 2.2 (FRF83)
- QuickDesk - This is as awesome as HelixLauncher was when it first arrived on the scene!
- Pershoot's 2.6.34 XTRA Overclocking Kernel (20100616)
- Newest version of ADW.Launcher (v0.8.7) // customised for Kang-o-rama
- Samsung Galaxy S Live Wallpapers
- Updated Trackball Alert (v1.0.5) from lilHermit // with pre-patched framework
- Update Adobe Flash Player beta // should also now upgrade from the market
- Reverted hosts file changes // 'hosts.huge' blocks lots of sites, 'hosts' is empty, rename them as you see fit
- Added transparent Power Control and News & Weather widgets from Kang-o-rama-0.8 Preview // if you don't like these, save a copy of /system/app/GenieWidget.apk and Settings.apk and push them back.
- Busybox from Cyanogen - now root access for all apps
- SpareParts - designed especially for Froyo by leonnib4 who's allowed us to use it, thank you.
- Froyo apps2sd - now in Spare Parts
- The Droid Collection Icon Pack
- Droidz Extended Icon Pack
- iQ Icons Icon Pack
- Unified Font Pack
- Extra Wallpapers // Embedded in ADW.Launcher
- Apps Organizer // Set custom application folders with your own icons
- MoreLocale // Use any language/location combination
- Quick Boot // Fast access to all reboot modes, including home screen shortcuts
- ShootMe // Shake or scream to capture screen shots
- Enabled 800x480 video recording
- Updated to FRF83 build fingerprint for Market
- Superuser permission from ChainsDD
- And most of your favourite Kang-o-rama apps, fonts, icon packs and wallpapers.
So, just follow the normal Kang-o-rama instructions in the first post to upgrade.
You need the Froyo radio - See the first post
Download ONLY ONE of these files! If you are new to Kang-o-rama download the Full version, if you want the look and speed of Kang-o-rama without the great apps download the Lite version. Only if you have trouble installing do you need to try the Small version which includes a smaller kernel.
You MUST wipe cache. If you DO NOT wipe data and have serious issues, please reinstall after wiping data.
Download: Kang-o-rama-0.9-b2-SP1-Full.zip (FRF83) <- The full Kang-o-rama experience!
MD5 Checksum: 15521587975b1c12ef239c11eeb47cfc
Download: Kang-o-rama-0.9-b2-SP1-Lite.zip (FRF83) <- FRF83 - Low apps edition, see details here.
MD5 Checksum: 8ecae21e312759e37d30857b4aaf37c3
Do you appreciate the Lite edition of Kang-o-rama? Leave you comment in the thread. Thanks.
Download: Kang-o-rama-0.9-b2-SP1-Small.zip (FRF83) <- FRF83 - Small kernel edition
MD5 Checksum: 03027c595dd5fff5a7a835b48a923f99
Download: Kang-o-rama-0.9-b2-SP1.zip (FRF83) <- Will upgrade Kang-o-rama 0.9b2 (only) to SP1 (FRF83)
MD5 Checksum: 9bb0f3c42453470325a6a2c38329d547
The original Froyo launcher is attached below if you'd like to use it.
Small Kernel Versions - If You Get An Error Installing Try Clicking Here
[Nexus One], [Optimus 2x > /dev/null], [Galaxy Nexus], [Transformer Prime], [Nexus 5]