Or Continue to Thread: (ICONS etc)Psychedelic Icons, …
Find Your Device:
21st June 2010, 01:39 PM   |  #120  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139

888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektFuze

can someone help me please?? i absolutely love the simplified theme.. but i'm also in love with the consistancy of the psychedelic colors....

i believe all i have to do is use the color template offered in the TC's alternate thread and combine the 2 images.. but i'm having a extremely hard time converting all the simplified icons into just plain colors all around.... any suggestions?? adobe is confusing as hell.. is there perhaps a more user friendly photoshop program that you or the TC can recommend?? i am dead set on making each simplified icon grey or white or black... all the way through.. i need guidance!

hello ProjektFuze. Thanx for the compliments.
What is your specific requirement? As I understand from your post on the other thread you want to have the Simplified Icons in greyscale, right?
If this is what you need it's a little easy in Photoshop.

There are 2 methods you can do this;

Method A
1. Open Simplified colored icon set
2. Go to PS top menus and click "Image" and select "Mode" and click "Grayscale".
3. Save a file copy.
That's it!

Method B (option for a little tweak on the grayscale shade)
1. Open Simplified icons set.
2. Go to PS top menus and click "Image" and select "Adjustments" and click "Black & White"
3. Play around the slider on each color to achieve the desired shade.
4. Save a file copy.
You're done!

Making the psychedelic icons is a little tricky. I have to re-create the icons using only a single specific color. After which I converted them into several other colors.

If you have some other icons that are not on my collection, you can also list them down and I will try to make them for you.

The Template was meant for those who want to play around and create new icons for themselves.

Sorry If i confused you. And thanx again.