Or Continue to Thread: L [WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|NLD] |July …
Find Your Device:
24th June 2010, 06:10 PM   |  #14111  
RC-RT Liaison - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter: 10,063

11,434 posts
Thumbs up One last Attempt!!!
Guys,

While I really appreciate the help provided to one another here, I am getting a little lost with all the basic questions.. we are down to 1411 pages and some are still stuck with "what is task 29", "which radio", whats that.. whats this...

So, I decided to write this post... not sure how helpful it is to any, (as you still need to read this.. and apologies for taking up such huge space)

Alright.. so here it goes...

First and foremost:
Please read the FAQ HERE, might help you out with some other issues.

Also, Issues relating to sudden freezes, blank screen, call drops - try re-flashing the same radio again. Dont jump to hard resetting the phone..

If the above is not helpful, then proceed as below.

Before you do anything.. i would recommed a full charged battery (this is only for people who are unsure as belive me continuous SR/HR takes up the battery and then you wonder why NRGZ rom eats up batteries. I will also recommed for noobs and fresher not to attempt Sashmi or XDA UC at the moment.. first learn the engine then learn to drive the car (thats what my dad says)

Step -1 (Assumtion you have done this as you are roaming around custom ROM forums)
HSPL 1 or 2 or HSPL 3 your phone.. I am on HSPL 3 in India.. no problems what so ever. HSPL 3 is recommended though as it includes compatibility for usual HD2, Telstra HD2 and TMoUS HD2... I urge that you go thru the first few posts of the HSPL thread to understand it better.

HSPL also removes the ROM language barrier and after flashing the HSPL you can flash a ROM in any language

STEP 0
Format your SD card and remove it from the phone. You neednt format it if this is your first few flashes.. although delete the "Application Data" folder on the SD card.. also delete any other folder that you have not put there!

STEP 1
Connect your phone to the PC using active sync and run Task 29 - Simply downlaod the file.. extract and run...
Watch your phone from 0% to 100% within seconds. What has now happened is that your phone is formatted without any OS on it.. just like a PC with BIOS and no OS.

STEP 1.5
Please do note that the task 29 doesnt wipe out everything. It does leave traces, not generally noticeable. So one can flash a stock ROM after doing Task 29. You need to turn off your phone and then turn it on to the bootloader mode (Vol Down + Power key) and connect to USB via your laptop/PC and flash the stock ROM.
I ALWAYS FLASH A STOCK ROM < If you plan to flash a stock ROM, it is recommended to flash the one that came with your device.

You MUST flash the stock via active sync.. NOT via the SD card. This way you will retain the HSPL.

STEP 2
a. Obviously now you will just see a white screen as there is no OS on the phone. Disconnect the phone from the PC.. Remove bettery (the only way to turn the phone off) (Assuming you did not flash the Stock). Goto point b.
If you did flash a stock ROM then you will see the home screen and you can skip point b --- Just sync and flash the NRGZ ROM.

b. Turn on the phone - BUT - Press the Vol Down Button first and then press the power button.. you will see the phone entering the bootloader.. 3-colored screen. Now connect your phone to the PC. You will notice USB written on your phone. GREAT!!

Flash the custom ROM

STEP 3
a. Once the phone is ready, connect it again to PC via Active Sync.
b. Decide on which radio suits you the best, for me, the one on my siggy is flawless.. Please choose a radio which is 2.xx.50.xx
c. Flash the radio.

Please let the ROM completely flash and initialise.

STEP 4
Hard reset your phone now. When it is completely ready and on the sense home screen, Turn it off, re-insert the SD card and start your phone.

You are now ready to go!!!

Play around a bit before you start customising.

I appreciate the above steps are painstaking.. but trust me it has worked for many people here...

Cheers ... and Hope it helps!!

Battery Tip

Works specially after you have done the flashing (task 29.. rom.. radio.. hard resets etc)

When the battery is under 10% thats when you should put it to charge.. specially after the flash.

When it is under 10%:

1. Turn off your phone.
2. Remove the battery, sim card and sd card.
3. Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds - what this does is it removes any residue of power that maybe left between the connector of the phone and the connector of the battery.
4. Put back everything (battery, sim and card)
5. Put it to charge in turn off mode.

You should do this with a new phone, new battery and a new flash.. atleast once.. it is recommended to do this atleast once in 15 days as well..
Last edited by PG101; 3rd January 2012 at 05:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]