New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

ed10000

Jun 9, 2010
Could someone tell me what all the fuss about the new smart dialer is about? Couldn't find much info on this. Thanks :)

Domsdey

Jun 6, 2010
The scientific calculator is here at least from 2.1. It's a HTC app, they put it on WinMo devices as well.

Malong

Aug 1, 2010
I am loveing this update so far. But in 2.1 you could (if you used a slow connection) turn off flash, but i can't find that anymore.. Anyone know if it's been removed??

mr marvolus

Apr 22, 2008
london
The compus seems to have had an upgrade too.

Hay people just tried the google maps and went to street view and with 2.2 this compus is as smooth as butter unlike the jurkey control I had with 2.1. Check it out, works the way I wished it would, now I wonder how about layers?

emptygenius

Sep 4, 2008
"Instead of just the time of the next alarm time. It also shows which day."

I don't have anything showing the next alarm on the lock screen. so what exactly does this 'new feature' mean?

kekkle

Nov 8, 2009
"Instead of just the time of the next alarm time. It also shows which day."

I don't have anything showing the next alarm on the lock screen. so what exactly does this 'new feature' mean?

If you use a lockpattern. On the lockpattern screen, the time at which the next alarm will go off will show on the left. Previously it would only show the time like "09:00". Now it would also show a day like: "Fr 09:00".

This is only when using a lockpattern. It won't show on the pull-down bar screen.

kilohercas

Jun 19, 2010
So now it can do 720p @ 30Fps at sunny day.
Also i notice upload speed is 3x better ( in wifi )
and flash is preloaded, so you don't need to go to market
also better Wifi and GSM signal strength
But still no divx support...

Nuntius

May 20, 2010
Do you know if there is still the problem with the photos of the contacts' quality when syncing?

pascanu

Jan 22, 2009
Tg. Mures
Can someone please (PLEASE) tell me where's the option to send a contact directly to voicemail? I can't find it anywhere.
The thing is I already had it in 1.6 on my G1 and thought its not there anymore in Android w/ Sense.

[EDIT] Never mind, I found it. Can't believe I missed it for so long, it was right in front of me.

Last edited:

kilohercas

Jun 19, 2010
and one more bug.
Gallery can see resource pictures for bookmarks, that is not good..
also after killing internet stock browser, it go not into home page, but in last visited ( i don't like that)

Last edited:

gobak

Jul 13, 2010
Date format is corrupted, systemwide. Instead of days it shows just numbers from 1 to 7. Also, the battery is being sucked like hell. With the market issue, I think I will just wipe and reinstall my phone.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

tuatha

Apr 17, 2010
It's missing Plurk, Car Panel and Amazon MP3 apps, compared to the leaked 2.0.6 rom.

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
Great thread! That really is a substantial update. More like an upgrade I'd say.

Qs: Can you now choose which folders to view (and exclude) in the Gallery?

-----------------------------------
- Sent via my HTC Desire -

gush

Jan 5, 2009
hi, since upgrading, i've lost 'privacy' in the settings menu.

is this just me and where has backup settings gone????

The_Hawkster

Mar 27, 2010
May have been mentioned but just tried taking a few photos with the camera and not only does it seem to auto-focus quicker but it also takes the picture much quicker, there were a good few shots I used to take which turned out blurry because it took a few seconds to focus and then take the shot and in that time my hand would start to shake slightly, it seems to have eradicated the problem now because of the speediness of it.

Good stuff. :)