New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

juicetin

Oct 3, 2008
is it only me or does it occurs to others that the mobile operator name will not be display on the unlocking drag-down bar? previously my operator name would be displayed but after the upgrade, there isn't anymore.. any replies would be greatly appreciated.. thank you!

jstegeman

Feb 20, 2008
is it only me or does it occurs to others that the mobile operator name will not be display on the unlocking drag-down bar? previously my operator name would be displayed but after the upgrade, there isn't anymore.. any replies would be greatly appreciated.. thank you!

Mine is displayed - right above the clock

Eugene120

May 25, 2009
Moscow
Noticed that in portrait mode and Russian layout not only "space" is broken and results in "!". The "enter" key also gives wrong reaction: it types an "э".

bluethunder2k

Aug 2, 2010
My desire will not sleep after the 2.2 upgrade causing the battery to die in around 4 hours, anyone experiencing this or have a fix?

lf_iron

Jul 27, 2010
Now, we can send contact information by SMS.
Two curved colored lines (green and dark red) appear when someone calls you.
If you declined call, a red bar appears on top of the screen

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
you sure? I copied on an xvid avi file and it was not being detected by the phone.

just confirmed xvid divx avi files do NOT play. Copied 2 different .avi xvid encoded files to the phone. They do not appear in videos application or in gallery after an SD card rescan. No avi file playing on this update.

shartack

Aug 2, 2010
Whitehaven
Widgets

Hey,

Are we 100% sure about the new Calculator and FM Radio widgets as I have not got them?:( Do they need to installed separately?

After saying that the 2.2 upgrade is pretty cool :cool: I am looking forward to any additions to the rooted 2.2 applications. I have not rooted my phone yet and was wondering which ones you recommend?

Cheers guys

Cwiiis

Aug 31, 2009
Just noticed a new feature in the calendar. Previously, when you looked at the agenda view, you'd get two entries at the top and bottom that you could tap to display more events.
Now you only get a link at the top and it automatically loads more events as you scroll downwards :)

Little disappointed that they didn't add native retweeting to Peep, but not that bothered - still way better than most Android twitter clients and the widget is great :)

steve228uk

Jun 29, 2010
Bristol
www.graphicsplant.com
Hey,

Are we 100% sure about the new Calculator and FM Radio widgets as I have not got them?:( Do they need to installed separately?

After saying that the 2.2 upgrade is pretty cool :cool: I am looking forward to any additions to the rooted 2.2 applications. I have not rooted my phone yet and was wondering which ones you recommend?

Cheers guys
I've DEFINITELY got these. The radio widget has proven to be pretty handy today.

roomkokos

Jul 31, 2010
Of aaall the good stuff you all found, i found two things:
-this, not even sure if its new, but before when i went to settings and About phone, i had to scroll up and down a bit, now its fixed and all the options (7 of them) are now fixed. Could move up and down a bit before. Not sure if its missing something or just smaller font :)

- second thing i am a bit unfortunately annoyed with is that when u write an SMS, you could have the messages "below" the typing area and you could scroll it up and down, to reply to sms by reading it and typing at the same time. NOW the typing area is FIXED to the bottom of the msg and when u want to see some info from previous msgs you scroll up to read it, but when u tap back in the window to type - it jumps back on the bottom. And u have to go back up again to see that info again. Thats rather annoying :)

Hope i made any sense - before you could scroll sms txt and the text you were writing-replying at the SAME time, NOW you can only scroll them individualy as the replying area is somehow attached to the bottom of the last msg in the thread. So you cant view previous msgs and reply reading that sms at the same time.

Any way to fix this?

than33

Sep 20, 2006
Świdnica
Google Pixel 7 Pro
YES! And there is no pink phenomena now! Probably they just calibrated colours. This is the most important feature, just after jit, for me. Very good work HTC! ROM is very stable and fast if you wipe.

Sent from my HTC Desire