New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

steve228uk

Jun 29, 2010
Bristol
www.graphicsplant.com
Of aaall the good stuff you all found, i found two things:
-this, not even sure if its new, but before when i went to settings and About phone, i had to scroll up and down a bit, now its fixed and all the options (7 of them) are now fixed. Could move up and down a bit before. Not sure if its missing something or just smaller font :)

- second thing i am a bit unfortunately annoyed with is that when u write an SMS, you could have the messages "below" the typing area and you could scroll it up and down, to reply to sms by reading it and typing at the same time. NOW the typing area is FIXED to the bottom of the msg and when u want to see some info from previous msgs you scroll up to read it, but when u tap back in the window to type - it jumps back on the bottom. And u have to go back up again to see that info again. Thats rather annoying :)

Hope i made any sense - before you could scroll sms txt and the text you were writing-replying at the SAME time, NOW you can only scroll them individualy as the replying area is somehow attached to the bottom of the last msg in the thread. So you cant view previous msgs and reply reading that sms at the same time.

Any way to fix this?
I've been getting annoyed at the messages redesign too. I'm always hopping up to previous messages to grab some info and it was great when it was fixed.

shartack

Aug 2, 2010
Whitehaven
Camera flash

Is anyone else having a problem with the flash. When I take a picture the brightness seems too much and makes the picture green!:mad:

Is there a way of turning the flash down?

vitii

Aug 2, 2010
I just cannot understand something in connection with the new update. I've successfully installed it and everything is fine its noticeable faster than 2.1 and I also ran benchmarks and i got 3-4 times better results even betters than galaxy s users. Amazing. But I tried some of my games like NOVA and it is faster than on 2.1 but it still lags sometimes... How can it be possible that I get better result on benchmarks but the gaming is still a bit worse than on galaxy s devices? Thanks for your replies in advance.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

kekkle

Nov 8, 2009
Just noticed a new feature in the calendar. Previously, when you looked at the agenda view, you'd get two entries at the top and bottom that you could tap to display more events.
Now you only get a link at the top and it automatically loads more events as you scroll downwards :)

Little disappointed that they didn't add native retweeting to Peep, but not that bothered - still way better than most Android twitter clients and the widget is great :)

Was already in 2.1 my friend.

Bouncer5

Jun 10, 2010
Glasgow
As mentioned before the HTC widgets in Widgets > Settings have all got new icons and I belive that there are two three new widgtes

Ringtone
Hotspot

Also the HTC Sync widget has had a updated look to it now to

They are no longer white.grey on black but now and tend to be blue, HTC Sync is green, and as mentioned the others are new,

You get the idea!

Basicaly: Updated settings widgets plus three new ones.

Last edited:

jaymit

Apr 15, 2008
London
As mentioned before the HTC widgets in Widgets > Settings have all got new icons and I belive that there are two three new widgtes

Ringtone
Hotspot

Also the HTC Sync widget has had a updated look to it now to

Its so there no longer just white on black there now colored, and tend to be blue.

All of the settings widgets have new icons. Also the profile and ringtone widget were available before under the 'more htc widgets' section but have now been moved to default as profile customisation has been improved. Hotspot is a new widget to correspond with the new tethering capability

kargeor

Jul 25, 2009
Athens
For FM radio:

- You can now use shazam to find songs (in 2.1 it muted the radio while using shazam and the song was not picked up)

- You still can't record the radio using the voice recorder (since shazam can do it though you should be able to use a third party app)

- Radio seems to have problems when put in background however it works fine when the screen is off

Youtube:

- Minor problems introduced (when seeking to a point, it starts playing for less than a second, then stops and immediately starts playing correctly - lag problem)

Bouncer5

Jun 10, 2010
Glasgow
All of the settings widgets have new icons. Also the profile and ringtone widget were available before under the 'more htc widgets' section but have now been moved to default as profile customisation has been improved. Hotspot is a new widget to correspond with the new tethering capability

The last time I looked in the more widgets section there was the stick notepad thing and something else, No profile widget, Perhaps where I was, was another section has they had to be downloaded in the section I was in.

They youtube app, Rather than saying Your Subscribtions in white on plain black, It now says it on bars that look like the black bar at the top :)

Nice tie in, But not that nice looking, Feels out of place to me.

mkhoa0806

Aug 2, 2010
Ho Chi Minh City
Sry for my noob but since i live in Asian, i could not update my desire into official Froyo yet.
Can we now install all apps and games into SD card or that depends on the updated version of the apps and games?
I really want to know this since I'm kind of frustrated with the internal memory of the phone :(