Hi everybody !
There was a lot of development this month, wow.
Because I had only few time to develop my application, it took longer then I expected.
In this version (1.0) the CPU-speed is fixed to 650 Mhz. This is no technical limit, but it is enough to fullfill the requirements for the bounty.
Install the CAB, execute OCT-Run.exe from startmenu folder. Thats all.
Other clock tools may show wrong CPU speed, because I use a different technical approach. Use a benchmark program (Linpack-WinCE-ARM or SPB Benchmark).
There are no special requirements for overclocking, the tool will work on battery and AC power; there is no special frequency and no SOD. The app is developed on a TP2 with stock rom, but should function on other MSM7200 based devices too.
- USE THE TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
- Overclocking your cpu may damage your device.
- Before autostarting the app be sure that your device will not hang, or you need to hard-reset !!!
- backup is recommended !!
Please test my app and report here.
!!! Before uninstalling or re-installing the cab always execute OCT_Stop.exe !!!!
changes in 1.5
- changed interface and GUI: removed cpu_min ==> readme.txt
- fixed: performance loss on dynamic clocking from very low to high
- fixed: wrong speed on resume (a rare combination)
- internal optimizations for speed and stability
- removed overclocking limit (don't blame me, if your cpu wont run at 1,2 Ghz !)
changes in 1.4.1
- fixed error setting interv to 0
- fixed OCT_Run does not start OC
changes in 1.4
- removed underclocking limit
- more settings in GUI
- interval = 0 disables load measuring
- OCT_Run fixed
- (should) work on MSM7200 compatible cpu: MSM7600
- readme.txt with interface definition
changes in 1.3
- dynamic clock (depending on CPU-load: if actual load is higher than load max, cpu will be tuned up and vice versa. if load is 1 or 100, cpu will be set to min or max. interval is period in ms for calculate load)
- extended GUI (quick and dirty, not very nice, but interface will be described soon)
- again some changes for Sprint TP2 (do not work !!!! hardreset needed)
changes in 1.2
- installation on storage card
- selectable CPU speed between 518.4 and 652.8 Mhz
- simple GUI
- start with OCT_Run or OCT_GUI
- settings will NOT be stored before deactivating overclocking
- again some test fixes for Sprint TP2
changes in 1.1
- prevent reboot loop
- program files are now in folder "program files\OCT"
- shortcuts are now in folder "start menu\programs\OCT"
- changes for Sprint TP2 (just a educated guess, deeper analysis will follow)
Download Version 1.5: