New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

ceetee

Aug 3, 2010
Calendar:
- On single day view, only the date is displayed at the top of the page - used to display the day name also.

ejneby

Aug 3, 2010
is there any possible ways to connect phone to internet, by using computer's internet? all i could find is the opposite way ...

thanks

shurike

Jun 27, 2009
Sydney
iTunes

Hi, I've read in some forums that the new update also comes with iTunes sync. Is that true?

And how do you get the photos/video save to your SD card? For some reason they save to the phone memory, otherwise some apps do save to the SD, so the card works ok! Not sure if this was the case before the update!

hyaenidae

May 25, 2010
besides from the already mentioned one, I noticed two more things:

Messaging: there's now the count of messages in a thread, when in the list overview
Calendar: when in month-view, the bar indicating what time is occupied, is now way more detailled

Aitese

Apr 15, 2010
London
Car Home / Car Dock

Hi all.

I was previously using a leaked FroYo with Sense ROM by Pays but have installed a rooted official ROM from the dev section.

I just wanted to confirm that the updated HTC Car Panel is missing from the released OTA update.

What I'm talking about is the following:

gVOEQ.jpg

So far I've seen people claim the "Car Dock" works and then instructions that give me the following:

nbYiE.png

As you can see, Car Dock is shown by a lock icon and there are additional Dock settings.

These do not bring up the panel shown above.

Can anyone fill me in?

supasye

Dec 11, 2008
When u open the browser it opens the last page u were at even after u delete history which can be annoying.

jaymit

Apr 15, 2008
London
Hi, I've read in some forums that the new update also comes with iTunes sync. Is that true?

And how do you get the photos/video save to your SD card? For some reason they save to the phone memory, otherwise some apps do save to the SD, so the card works ok! Not sure if this was the case before the update!

Get the latest iTunes and HTC Sync. You transfer via HTC Sync..as far as I know

darkduck

Aug 2, 2010
London
www.darkduck.com
Bugs & features

Bugs:mad::
1) SMS widget. When last message deleted from last thread, then widget balloon disappears, leaving only buttons for compose and list.
2) Music player (HTC) vs Google Listen. When using Music along with Google Listen, the later catches remote control buttons and does not release it when closed. In other words, Music does not catch it back.
update: checked with other players (bTunes, BeyondPod) - the same issue.

New founds:rolleyes::
1) When there are events in Calendar, the green marks on the left hand side of the cell got smaller than before.
Ooops, somebody noticed that before;)

Last edited:

kaushal101

Apr 21, 2010
Youtube app now has the safe search option enabled (which was disabled in 2.1). Safe search filtering can be switched off now.

May 9, 2010
@ Aitese

The panel you've posted sure looks nice, but as you said, it looks like there is no such menu in the released OTA. Unless it's somehow only activated when the device is actually docked.