Or Continue to Thread: smartWatchM v1.2.5.1 (2009-12-…
Find Your Device:
26th August 2010, 07:31 AM   |  #2458  
Flag greece
Thanks Meter: 12

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoBell

Yeah, that sucks about SE's warranty policy. I got my brand new MBW-150 Executive off eBay today only to find the battery DOA, but the OLED display looks fine when connected to the charging clips (weird, huh?). They claim that without a receipt from an official Sony Style store, they can't repair/replace my unit. I can't even pay them to do it, apparently. Where's the customer service for my new paperweight?!

you are wrong the watches display lasts for a long time so does the battery, I have all the line of watches and only 1 had the problem that you describe (fading display) the warranty was out and what I did was I '' photoshoped" the original warranty changing the dates and it got through the warranty se gave me a new watch they did not repair it. my first watch mbw-100 is 3 years old the battery is as it was when I bought it,the display also. try to ''photoshop'' a receipt from the watch changing only the date and send it to a se service center.and you will get a new watch, I bought all my watches from expansys www.expansys.com.gr with legal receipts and my tax number on the receipts, all I did was scan the receipt, then edit the date on the receipt, then print again and BINGO! you are back in the warranty.....!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00035.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	388328  
Last edited by mathiosn; 26th August 2010 at 07:36 AM.