This used to be the thread of my CM build for SD... using it again so that old users can easily find it since its heavily associated with the CyanogenMod Series!
If you have used any of my previous ROM's (HyperROM for WinMo back in the day AND HyperDroid CM6.1 for Android SD), you'll know that I build these to be Clean, Fast, Minimal and as Stable as Realistically Possible. (YMMV, of course)
I originally built this for my personal use and offer no guarantees except that I personally use this ROM and it's passed my standards for daily use as well as my 4 year old son's since he plays the games I download on the device.
In the spirit of the open source community, allow me to share and give back to something I enjoy participating in--- Tweaking my Gadgets to Death... yes, to death...
I am not a developer nor do I aim to be called as such. I believe this should be reserved for the real people who do the work behind the scenes and in the trenches of kernel hacking and coding.
I am an extreme gadget enthusiast or simply a Gadget Geek... The work I do is to build from source then put together bits and pieces of what works and what looks good to create a gadget experience that is elegant, polished, minimalist and functional (E-P-M-F).
From my HyperROM WinMO ROM roots to today, I've always liked using and sharing a ROM that meets my E-P-M-F aspirations for a gadget. Today I bring you my personal twist on an Android ROM based on CyanogenMod7.
Again, THIS is NOT a PORT... its Completely Built FROM SOURCE, Then Fully Optimized and Tweaked for the HD2!
From v3.0.0 onwards, this version is being maintained by the HyperDroid Dev Crew:
Huge props to:
ihlades: for allowing me to build off Redux and helping me figure stuff out (saved me a lot of time)
cyanogen: for the various useful features and functions... Android is better because of you
AdamG: for the tweaks on AOSP and contributions to Android...
charansingh: for his work on the vendor related stuff for the HD2...
tytung: for his work on the kernel, vold, gps and openly exchanging code with me to make both our builds that much better.
Tricalibur and Veyka: for their generosity in sharing Unlimited Bandwidth FTP for these ROM's
doctorcete: for helping me test the ROMs over and above the call of duty. breaking what I don't break myself For adding the finishing touches on certain Framework Tweaks as well, I am grateful!
D4rk50ul: for helping rework the posts on the first page and being a helpful troubleshooter that has allowed me to fix a lot of small details. The go to guy re: GPS stuff for HyperDroid... trust me!
pinDemon: for creating an awesome video guide for HyperDroid! (more to come)
karendar, slashas69, seadersn, fhasovic, Nikola G., discohk, Yz.hd: for their time, contributions and methods of testing out the !@#$% out of these ROM's and helping make it a True Community Effort (thread support, chatzy support, etc.)
In essence, if you like what you see feel free to download it directly by clicking the appropriate link below!
Upgrading is possible and theoretically safe... unless stated other wise. However, due to the complexity of different settings, applications installed, and Android system itself this upgrading would be unsupported officially and in case a bug arises we cannot provide official support other than trying full wipe.
You have been Warned.
Therefore a full wipe is always advisable to minimize errors and get proper support (everything is tested on all defaults).
BEFORE FLASHING PLEASE READ THE FAQ LOCATED HERE!
You must be running MAGLDR 1.13
and a compatible ClockWorkMod
to use this link.
CLICK THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD >>>>>>> RELEASE POST IS HERE
You must be running cLK
and a compatible ClockWorkMod to use this link. Advanced Users Only.
CLICK THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD >>>>>>> RELEASE POST IS HERE
GET Future Hotfixes for MAGLDR and cLK HERE
- Do a Nandroid Backup before Installing or Updating ANYTHING!
- Read the F.A.Q. in Post #2
- Download and Install the file above (CWM)
- Go to the Bottom of the page and Install any updates via CWM (updates will have the prefix *HyperDroid)
- You want to be able to charge when off, use fastboot, reboot to recovery and Rom Manager (for future potential OTA updates)? Install cLK as shown in the F.A.Q link on page #2 and use the cLK version above.
- Discussion for Latest Release begins HERE...
- Completely Stock Version Discontinued at the moment
- Clean, Minimalistic, Dark, Fast UI
- LCD Density at 192 by default (easily changeable using a Root file manager and editing the build.prop; I use and highly recommend 167)
- Built from source Based on CM7 Sources (http://review.cyanogenmod.com)
- Lucid + Minimalist Theme by Sonnysekhon, david1171and djdarkknight (mixed version by pongster and seadersn)
- Minimalist HyperDroid Wall by Neurotica (Thanks buddy! He can make walls for you too, if his time allows.)
- Apps2sdExt support (install detects ext partition (if available) and installs apk's on sd-ext) (Thanks to DarkTremor!)
- Auto Zipalign script (ensures your apps use RAM efficiently)
- Fastest Customizable Launcher (ADWLauncher)
- Clean, Readable Font (Segoe Small Regular Font)
- Some Apps from Minimalist by david1171 and DarkGinger by djdarkknight
- Boot Animation by clyder
- Shows "H" when connected to a HSDPA network
- So much more... (check the changelog)
- Improved libhtc_ril_wrapper for more stable PPP connections on cLK (thanks to cedesmith and LeTama)
- Improved 720p Playback (Stagefright libs)
- patched libsqlite (faster IO and less Disk Usage) by ownhere
- GPS Fix from tytung (older version by gauner1986 and Diem)
- GPS.conf tweaks by D4rk5oul
- SDCard Readahead script by brainmaster
- tweaked initrd.gz by tytung
- Various Fixes by ihlades, pongster, seadersn, doctorcete, fhasovic
- 3G / Data
- Audio (Thanks to drizztje for v5)
- Updated zoneinfo data to 2011n....thanx to hashnon
- BT in standby fixed by Trilu and charansingh (Huge props to both!)
- GPS is working (No 60mA battery drain issue.) (Props to tytung! Old version by Gauner1986 & Diem)
- Network Location
- FM Radio
- USB Tethering
- USB Mass Storage (latest vold thanks to tytung)
- LED Charging Lights (Thanks to iamgpc)
- LED Notification Lights (Thanks to iamgpc & tytung)
- Auto Backlight (Thanks to iamgpc)
- WiFi Tethering/Hotspot (thanks to tytung and charansingh)
4. Known Issues
Updates for HyperDroid-CM7:
None at the Moment but stay tuned!!
Seader_R9 based on tytung R14 kernel which is very stable base. (Head to tytung's Kernel thread for the source and seader's site for his changes)
ihlades, Cyanogen, Cotulla, AdamG, TYTung, Dr1337, huanyu, Hastarin, Markinus, Letama, Rajko, Gauner1986, Dan1j3l, RaiderX303, Rafpigna, mdeejay, lesjaw, Sonnysekhon, David1171, crawlingcity, charansingh, iamgpc, trilu, tyween, 2000impreza, fhasovic, B.Maximenko, seadersn, brainmaster, AngelDeath, D4rk5oul, doctorcete, arif-ali, the_scotsman, noellenchris, and the Official HyperDroid Beta Test Team!
Hope you Enjoy the ROM as much as we enjoyed building it and sharing it for your Personal Computing!
If you're feeling generous and are enjoying the ROM please consider donating for the time spent developing it during our free time. A little goes a long way. The ROM will always remain free.