Howto root your I5800 the easy way (without software and still keep all your data and
Tutorial -> Howto root your I5800 the easy way (without software and still keep all your data and settings)
This tutorial is an adaptation from my I9000 tutorial
but does work for your phone!
This method will keep all your data and settings!
this means the phone will not be factory resetted.
You won't need the Android SDK tools to go in recovery mode! or use Odin3
Reported to work on all firmwares!* (even simlocked devices and phones with voodoo fix etc) but use at your own risk!
(it is pretty safe and foolproof!)
If you wan't to unroot (to avoid waranty problems) you can unroot your phone!
* This method is not working for Froyo 2.2 roms
* For people that don't have the 3 button combo i made a small script to boot in to recovery. See tutorial below
!!! Disclaimer: If you brick your phone it's your own problem! But it is fairly safe because you can still reflash your phone with Odin3
Only root your phone if you feel the need to! (like applying the lagfix
or for use with certain backup apps)
- Superuser 22.214.171.124
- Busybox 1.16.0 (for use with Titanium Backup)
This method works for phones with and without the 3 button combo!
Rooting works on the following models:
- SGH-T959 (Vibrant)
1. Download SGS Eclair Easy Rooting.zip
2. Unzip the directory somewhere
3. Open start.bat
4. Follow instructions
Lot's of people are asking about busybox. busybox is included in the update.zip. But it's not the latest version! See how you can get the correct version.
To update manually to the latest version:
1. Search market for: "Busybox or "Busy box"
2. Install busybox app
3. Update trough app
4. Press update in app
5. Accept Superuser request
6. Busybox is now updated and installed in system/xbin!
If you want to use Titanium Backup (it is recomended to use the busybox that comes with titanium backup)
1. Install Titanium Backup
2. Open Titanium Backup
3. Press the "Problems?" button
4. Press "Yes, do it"
5. Titanium Backup will now download and install the required busybox version
If you want to use a lagfix!
- Both the OneClickLagFix and CFLagFix 1.80 automatically push the correct BusyBox version to your phone
Feel free to comment! or BUY me a BEER by clicking here!
Ex Samsung Galaxy S I9000 owner
Ex HTC Nexus One owner
Ex Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 owner
Ex ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 owner
Ex Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 owner
Google Nexus 7 owner
Sony Xperia Z owner
If you like what i do here on XDA buy me a beer!