Default Communication with HTC about the kernel sources

I thought I'd post this here, in case people are hoping for the kernel sources to shed some light on the rooting process. I had requested the kernel sources and received the following response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Assistance Center. HTC will typically publish on developer.htc.com the Kernel open source code for recently released devices as soon as possible. HTC will normally publish this within 90 to 120 days. This time frame is within the requirements of the open source community.
I thought that "This time frame is within the requirements of the open source community" this was very vague and responded

Quote:
Many thanks for the quick response, but what does "This time frame is within the requirements of the open source community." mean? The GPL license requires you to provide the sources as soon as they are requested after release of the software.

I can see that if this were to go to court, then 90-120 days would be short enough for the case not to proceed, since until that time the court proceedings wouldn't start. However, given that this is a repeated occurrence with each device that you produce, this clearly is unacceptable and not compliant with the GPL license.

Could I ask your company to rethink my request and provide me with the sources now, since it is my right to receive them now. Given that you are clearly in possession of the sources and the device has been released I cannot see why it would take a further 90-120 days for publication.

Best regards.
after which I have received the exact copy of the first response. So there is clearly nothing one can do through technical support, but I don't know who else one would contact (they haven't responded to that question). I believe that they are clearly breaching GPL, but in a way which would be very difficult to follow up in court as the GPL doesn't set any time limits (though these are clearly implied). But given that HTC does this with every single device, it looks to me as if this is part of a strategy...