One Click De-Cripple released for Captivate to enable install of Non-Market Apps

Search This thread

rafter109

Sep 3, 2010
I have developed One Click De-cripple to enable installation of non-market on the Captivate with one click. While many of you may be saying that Android Central's Sideload Wonder Machine already does this, my program will make a persistent change to enable non-market app installation without being attached to a computer. OCD was developed in Visual Studio 2010, therefore prerequisites will be that the USB drivers already be installed, that .NET 4.0 be installed, and the phone is already rooted. If you have not yet rooted your phone, I recommend "Samsung Galaxy S One Click Root" by TGA_Gunnman.

v1.0.0.2.
Changes:
Added PayPal Donate button. If you like my program, please donate to help finance my further development for the Captivate.

Attachments

• OCD.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1,288
Last edited:
Reactions: kingo11

droidal

Jul 12, 2010
Saint Louis
I already have non market apps enabled on my captivate via clshortfuses one click. Is this something different?thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

rafter109

Sep 3, 2010
I already have non market apps enabled on my captivate via clshortfuses one click. Is this something different?thanks

Wow... don't know how I missed that one. I'm sure my project is using a similar mechanism but is geared specifically for the Captivate and at this time requires that the phone already be rooted.

droidal

Jul 12, 2010
Saint Louis
I used his program to root and allow non market apps yesterday. Worked great for me but alot of people had problems. So go for it maybe yours will be good for those people.

rafter109

Sep 3, 2010
Almost complete

The logic is complete for OCD. Making a simple UI. Expect first release later today.

rafter109

Sep 3, 2010
:eek:

I thought doing the database change through the shell was easy enough.

DB edit through shell isn't that difficult. and YES... another one. Apparently some people have been experiencing issues with rageagainstthecage which is what SuperOneClick relies on. OCD does not rely on this mechanism and is designed for your average person with little or no *nix, coding, or CLI skills to free their phone. Gripe all you want but I'm sure someone will find it useful.

And without further ado...

Last edited:

gbrown2036

Jan 10, 2009
Does this work on Eclair, Froyo or both?
I'm already rooted and have OCLF installed but I assume that doesn't matter, right?

rafter109

Sep 3, 2010
OCD was designed and tested for 2.1 Eclair but will likely work on 2.2 Froyo. My understanding is that the manual process to enable non-market apps on 2.2 is identical to 2.1. If you are running 2.2 and have tried OCD, please share your experience.

sremick

Jul 17, 2010
www.turtlekickers.com
I launch it and I get the black "Galaxy S" box but can't see anything in it but the half outline of two buttons. If the buttons have text, I can't read it.

Rooted w/ drivers installed. XP Pro SP3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have developed One Click De-cripple to enable installation of non-market on the Captivate with one click. While many of you may be saying that Android Central's Sideload Wonder Machine already does this, my program will make a persistent change to enable non-market app installation without being attached to a computer. OCD was developed in Visual Studio 2010, therefore prerequisites will be that the USB drivers already be installed, that .NET 4.0 be installed, and the phone is already rooted. If you have not yet rooted your phone, I recommend "Samsung Galaxy S One Click Root" by TGA_Gunnman.

v1.0.0.2.
    Changes:
    Added PayPal Donate button. If you like my program, please donate to help finance my further development for the Captivate.