Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Connecting Galaxy tab to A…
Find Your Device:
16th November 2010, 06:45 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Thumbs up Verizon galaxy tab ad hoc working
After rooting my tab I found this link on the forums: forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7711198&postcount=6

Grabbing the wpa_supicant file from there all I did was use root explorer, which can be found in the android market, to back up my existing wpa_supplicant found in the
/system/bin/ directory at the bottom. Then I copied the newly downloaded file
(after extracting it) and placed it in the above mentioned directory. You will have to press
The r/w button at the top of root explorer in order to enable read write permissions in
/system/bin . I tested this with the wireless tether on my droid original and it works
as advertised.

I am not the one who created this solution nor am I the one who compiled wpa_supplicant
All credit goes to the original author of the solution. I merely wish to convey to you that this solution worked for me. I hope this helps.

*It is important to note th at this was done using a rooted verizon galaxy tab. You will
Have to be at least rooted for this solution to have any chance of working. I used z4root
in order to root my device which can be found by searching these forums or the android market and again I dont claim any credit or participation in the creation of that app.

Posted from my Samxung Galaxy Tab
The Following User Says Thank You to Esxna For This Useful Post: [ View ]