Or Continue to Thread: [UPDATE 2011-01-20] Yet anothe…
Find Your Device:
22nd November 2010, 07:10 AM   |  #666  
A top-secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
Thanks Meter: 24

234 posts
Exclamation Testing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit ZER0

Got a kind of "stupid" question: can we integrate the RMVB decoding .plg files from eoc's version into bimbam69's rig? and if so, will our own RMVB playback improve?

Currently testing the .plg files from eoc's version with bimbam's rig... As of right now RMVB and RM playback is improved... slightly. At least the audio and video are now in sync. The video playback on larger files is still a bit choppy, but at least it is skipping forward at a predictable rate. Adjusting your buffers may compensate for this... Playback of RealAudio files also works... mostly. Of the video and audio formats I have tested so far, only RealAudio files using the "sipr" audio encoding refuse to play, and RealVideo files using RV10 encoding will not play, although I can hear the audio. RV20, RV30, RV40, and RV41 encoded formats tested played, ranging from reasonably reliably to choppy. Audio was not an issue. One thing to note is I did not have to adjust the pixel aspect ratio, leaving it on automatic was sufficient, there was no stretching or distortion of the video. Loading these files is easy, at least with my own rig, it was just a case of deleting "rmsplitter.plg" and "rmdecoder.plg" then just dragging and dropping "rmff.plg", "radecoder.plg", and "rvdecoder.plg" into the main TCPMP directory, then opening an RM or RMVB file... I have attached a ZIP file containing the relevant files to this post. This whole exercise may be a moot point if, like any sane person, you stay away from "Real" audio and video formats to begin with...

(EDIT: After some additional testing, it appears adjusting the video buffers by any significant margin produces no significant changes in RM/RMVB playback speed. The classic rule that lower bitrate files play smoother is in full effect.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip RMVB Plugins.zip - [Click for QR Code] (16.2 KB, 285 views)
Last edited by Unit ZER0; 22nd November 2010 at 09:36 AM.