Or Continue to Thread: [ROOT] unrEVOked 3.21: one-cli…
Find Your Device:
23rd November 2010, 09:56 PM   |  #199  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
SOLUTION! - downgrade to 3.21.605 even if u have s-on
hello,

i didn't write any of these exploits, just figured out the right order. If you do this, you will be able to successfully downgrade to 3.21.605, and then use the normal un-revoked from there to get s-off, at which point you can follow the other directions posted in other threads to upgrade to the latest OTA and re-root

* NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BORK YOUR PHONE*

here's the basics:

1. get the RUU for 3.21.605 from shipped-roms.com, and extract the rom.zip file from the RUU, rename to PB31IMG.zip and put on the root of your sd card.

2. download the HTC Incredible downgrade package from the cyanogen mod wiki

3. put the downgrade files in your android sdk tools folder, and push them to your phone. you don't need the rageagainstthecage exploit, because we use z4root later on.
Code:
adb push flash_image /data/local
adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/
1. download z4root from the market, and obtain temporary root by running it on your phone

2. connect to the phone via adb, and type:
Code:
su
3. mount system as rw with this commmand:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /dev/null /system
4. follow these instructions from the cyanogen mod wiki (in adb shell):
Code:
cd /data/local
chmod 0755 /data/local/flash_image
cd /data/local
./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd0.img
reboot bootloader
when your phone re-boots, you will have to select to go into bootloader, and then select to apply the update.

it will look like it fails the first time, but it will go through the process again and succeed.

If people need more detailed instructions, I can post more precise directions later.

i just had success with this. cool

again, I did not write any of these exploits, just found the right order to do them in to downgrade from the latest OTA, even with s-on
Last edited by nathanlewan; 23rd November 2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: error