Or Continue to Thread: TNT keeps force closing on new…
Find Your Device:
26th November 2010, 10:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

16 posts
Quote:

Hey guys.... first off thanks for the advice it worked great it was easy to do... flashed TnT lite and was excited.... i attempted to pull an app from freewareloversDOTcom and was stuck in downloading status for some time even with a good wifi signal... This is where all hell broke loose ....the file i wanted never downloaded.... then the pic gallery forced closed then the launcher forced closed and had to shut down now now its in bootloop....I attempted to power and vol + but nothing happened in fact got a triangle !.... what is needed now.....

LOL at the entire situation this was my fear..... please if someone with extreme patients can list or point to a noob friendly thread on what i need to do

i have a microSD card can that be used read somewhere that i may need that.....

I had a similar problem twice today (installed TnT Lite 2.02 and ran into boot loops). Here's how I recovered. Results may vary, so use at your own risk:

1. Download the vanilla restore from http://forum.tegratab.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16 (this is just to get the recovery\console file unless you want to manually create it).
2. Download the updated stock TnT from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=35
3. Extract the "recovery" folder from gtab_full_vanilla_system_2010_11_09.zip downloaded in step 1.
4. In the recovery folder there is a file called "command" with no extension. Open this file with a text editor (eg. notepad) and edit the line so "SDCARD" says "SDCARD2" instead. Save it and ensure you do not add any extension. It should look like this:

--update_package=SDCARD2:/update.zip

5. Rename the "update-smb_a1002-2967-user.zip" from step 2 to "update.zip".
6. Copy the entire recovery folder with the edited "command" file from step 4 and the "update.zip" from step 5 to the root of your MicroSD card. It's important that the contents on the root of your MicroSD ends up with:

/update.zip
/recovery/command

7. Put the MicroSD in your gTablet.
8. Power on while holding the Volume Up button until you see a message regarding recovery.
9. You should see a graphic showing package box with a progress bar after a short time.
10. Wait until it completes and the unit will restart.
11. If all goes well, you should be back to stock TnT with the last OTA update.

If you are wondering why I just didn't use the gtab_full_vanilla_system_2010_11_09.zip downloaded in step 1, it's because it didn't help me. I initially used the same general method above with the gtab_full_vanilla_system_2010_11_09.zip downloaded in step 1, but my gTablet still continued to boot loop. After a fair amount of panicking and looking over all of the threads here, I found that gtab_full_vanilla_system_2010_11_09.zip added ClockWork Recovery so I was able to use this to copy over the update-smb_a1002-2967-user.zip to my internal SD, install it, and get my gTablet working again. When the problem happened the second time, I used the method above and it worked for me.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Last edited by dcom222; 27th November 2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Changed 'recover' folder to 'recovery'
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dcom222 For This Useful Post: [ View ]