in box headset

Search This thread

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
the headset is good but i want to use it with my ipod, the problem is the sound isn't clear when i use it with an ipod. why is this so? is SE made it exclusive for SE phones only?

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

prance666

Dec 16, 2010
i had same problem with my ipod but with nokia headset and i figured out problem was ipod 3.5mm port .
if you see a 3.5mm headset jacket you see 3 black line and for some reason ipod has problem with some headset jacks .
but headphones has 2 black line in 3.5mm jacks and ipod havn't problem with them .

blackhawk1

Oct 31, 2008
the problem has been discussed here before. SE reversed mic and ground connection.
you can hold the mic button down to hear it proper. yeah the headset seems to work with SE phones only.

renegade93

Aug 1, 2011
There is an adapter you can use which will allow this to work. Sometimes it is provided with the Xperia Play and is called the EC250 headset adapter.

THis is intended for you to use non sony ericsson headsets with your phone however this works on my ipod touch so i can use my LiveSound headset.

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
There is an adapter you can use which will allow this to work. Sometimes it is provided with the Xperia Play and is called the EC250 headset adapter.

THis is intended for you to use non sony ericsson headsets with your phone however this works on my ipod touch so i can use my LiveSound headset.

but my problem is i want to use SE headset with my ipod, is there a specific adapter for that?

renegade93

Aug 1, 2011
Thats what i mean, i tried this adapter with my Ipod and it le me use my Sony Ericsson headset.

Do you know the model of your Sony Ericsson headset?

I can try it with my Ipod if i have the same headset.

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
i don't know :( it just came in the box along with my arc s

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

renegade93

Aug 1, 2011
Sorry for the late reply, just got a chance to.test.

Connected the adapter to my ipod touch then plugged in the headset I got with my arc s (mh650) and they work perfectly, very loud and great quality.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: alfiemenace

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
i went to sony and sony ericsson stores and they don' sell the adapter. nevermind lah, i got myself a jays headset :)

gabbyevs

Nov 10, 2010
Essex
sorry to bump an old thread but i just got a sony xperia s and my in car adaptor wont work through my stereo so i need the ec250 adaptor but cant find one anywhere any help?

subsparx

Oct 23, 2007
I'm also trying to get ahold of one of these EC250 adapters. I have an Xperia Play and just bought a nice Klipsch S4A headset and it won't work without the adapter. Dang you Sony Ericsson making headsets proprietary.

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
I'm also trying to get ahold of one of these EC250 adapters. I have an Xperia Play and just bought a nice Klipsch S4A headset and it won't work without the adapter. Dang you Sony Ericsson making headsets proprietary.

yeah, and finding one is hard too. I've looked in Singapore and here in Philippines and I can't find the damn adapter.

Rolandh

Oct 15, 2007
Sheffield
rolandh31.wordpress.com
I'm looking for one to. I bought an HTC OEM Beats Audio headset off eBay for my Wildfire S not long before I got my Arc S, & for how much the headset cost me I'd like to be able to use it with my Arc S, & eBay don't have them.

Roland

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

king-iyokan

Mar 4, 2012
Banglore
I've got a problem too. When I try to use my skull candy headphones with my xperia pro it wont work till I press the button given near the Mic.. It works hreat with my Sony walkman and my htc sensation xl

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium

Rolandh

Oct 15, 2007
Sheffield
rolandh31.wordpress.com
the headset is good but i want to use it with my ipod, the problem is the sound isn't clear when i use it with an ipod. why is this so? is SE made it exclusive for SE phones only?

The white headset that comes with the X8 has poor Audio compared to the one that comes with the Arc S. SE use a proprietary wiring setup that means that only SE Headsets can be used with SE Handsets, & I assume it works the other way round due to the proprietary wiring setup.

Roland

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Dietervsx

Nov 28, 2011
I just wrapped a sticker around the mic button, I think this was the cheapest way for me :p

Sent from my Xperia Arc using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No problem :) i'll test when i get home from work and let you know!
    Sorry for the late reply, just got a chance to.test.

Connected the adapter to my ipod touch then plugged in the headset I got with my arc s (mh650) and they work perfectly, very loud and great quality.

Hope this helps.