Battery life is very short

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3976874

Hello,
I purchased my Motorola Droid X2 two days ago from Verizon, but I noticed that it has a very short battery life, especially when on 3G. The battery lasts for 10 hrs with very moderate usage of the phone.

Is there any solution for this? Maybe a 3G toggle widget?

ericerk

Jun 21, 2010
Hello,
I purchased my Motorola Droid X2 two days ago from Verizon, but I noticed that it has a very short battery life, especially when on 3G. The battery lasts for 10 hrs with very moderate usage of the phone.

Is there any solution for this? Maybe a 3G toggle widget?

I recommend using the in rom task manager, making most cpu / ram heavy apps auto close

colonel187

Jul 3, 2010
Nowhere
I would disagree about using any task managers. I strongly suggest removing all accounts in your account manager except for gmail. If you want twitter,facebook, etc. Log in within those apps and not through account manager. Motor blur syncs like every 15 min and there is no way to change that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
Order a bh6x battery I run 12hrs with heavy usage
Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App

flanker1743

Jan 11, 2009
I use "DCSwitch" to turn off data. It works fantastically, and really helps with the battery life. If I know I'm not going to be around a charger for awhile, I'll flip off data, then just turn it on when I want to check up on email, facebook, twitter, etc. It even comes in a nice widget you can put next to the power control widget, same style and all. One click and it's off!

I don't have enough posts to actually put the market link, but just search it and it should come up. :)

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
Amazon and the stock battery works fine with the DROID X2

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App

colonel187

Jul 3, 2010
Nowhere
I get 12+ hours on stock battery under moderate use, and I don't use any juice defend majiggers or taskmagilicutties. Just take my suggestion previously posted. Oh and freeze both news apps unless you use them.
20110727000552.png

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Watercycle

May 11, 2011
Manhattan
on my note with stock 2.2 the battery sucked because of all of the bloat/garbage you won't need, upon rooting and freezing my battery life flew up =p

+ another big factor was using wifi over 3g if your in a rural area

now i'm having battery issues again with gingerbread because phone idle eats up probably 3/4 of what display does, which is ALOT and it's annoying :mad:

i wonder what the fix to that could be, sigh, time to wait for a rom to come along

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
Also Try Underclocking The CPU, There Are Free Apps In The Market. Definitely Would Help I Got Mine Set At 816,000 For My Daily Driver Use.