does this exist

Search This thread

norf1983

Sep 18, 2006
LONDON
hello all,

does the polaris have tactile feedback or is there a third party app which will provide this?

I have searched and searched but could find any trace.

cheers

Marc

Rudegar

Retired Moderator
Jul 16, 2003
DK
if you mean a gyroscope orintation detector like iphone then no i dont believe so

norf1983

Sep 18, 2006
LONDON
Nope not the function that would rotate screen depending on how i was holding the device.

what i mean is a function or third party app that would feedback when entering text on the screen, niether by making a noise or better still a short virbatration. similar to the LG VIEWTY or the new symbian touch platform that they are developing?

cheers

dr_s

Mar 3, 2007
Birmingham
Nope not the function that would rotate screen depending on how i was holding the device.

what i mean is a function or third party app that would feedback when entering text on the screen, niether by making a noise or better still a short virbatration. similar to the LG VIEWTY or the new symbian touch platform that they are developing?

cheers

No, there is no tactile or haptic feedback on touch cruise.
(Like the one you get with xbox controllers ... :cool: ...... not in touch cruise though.)

Still, it is the BEST. VIEWTY or symbians ar nowhere close to what TC is.

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA

cheers

That's a good question. I wonder if something like this exists also. Maybe we can find something to cook into the ROM....let's all look around. :)

norf1983

Sep 18, 2006
LONDON
sweet you are a star!!!

Thats it my mind is set on getting the O2 XDA ORBIT 2.

At long last i have found the PDA/PHONE that i want. Now i just have to wait untill Mid Feb to get it. BOOOHOOO.

Marc

victoradjei

Nov 8, 2004
That's a good question. I wonder if something like this exists also. Maybe we can find something to cook into the ROM....let's all look around. :)

There is a very old application on this forum from the xda days called "vibrate" which only vibrated when you dial numbers in the phone application. Perhaps the smart people of this forum can extend that functionality to all screen taps, or specific input formats. :cool: