[ROM] ICELite BETA2 | AOSP 4.0.3 | FAST & CLEAN | 23/04/2012

Search This thread

waynekirby

Nov 11, 2010
Barnsley
this is the BEST ROM ever !!!

I have tried all the roms !, BUt here all the features are working, great battery life, smooth.

WELL DONE!!!!

FXP cannot give a rom such like this......

FXP is doing what no one else on any Xperia 2011 phone has not done, this is SE rom recoded for AOSP, not taking anything away from Z but FXP Rom is incomparable to any rom... It's official CM and takes much more time effort... You need to appreciate what we have here. n00b comment.

Edit : it's built from source not rewritten...

Sorry for spam but it deserves it
Sent from my MT15i using xda premium

sopadj

Mar 21, 2009
Thanks for the best rom ics for Xperia arc!
I only have a few auto restart and some minor bugs, but I am confident in your work.
I made a small donation. :)
Sorry for my poor English.

tiborprogmed

Nov 6, 2009
Baja
FXP is doing what no one else on any Xperia 2011 phone has not done, this is SE rom recoded for AOSP, not taking anything away from Z but FXP Rom is incomparable to any rom... It's official CM and takes much more time effort... You need to appreciate what we have here. n00b comment.

Edit : it's built from source not rewritten...

Sorry for spam but it deserves it
Sent from my MT15i using xda premium

hi

you are right regarding to the efforts. you are right about many things.

BUT FXP'S ROM DO NOT GIVES WHAT IS SAYS.... If U were trying all fpx roms, u could realize, that :
- buggy GSM data, buggy hdmi, buggy fm radio !!!

but this rom by Z gives all the features. And He was not getting FREE phones from SE.

anyway : peace.

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Guys, is the video running fine, including YouTube app? I got problem when I tried it last time, would like to confirm before I flash this ROM again. TIA

Sent from my Sony Arc w/ ICS

adrianom

Oct 14, 2011
Florianópolis
Guys,

I have a VoIP account for corporate use, and I am having a problem of FC with this ROM. The FC happening in call screen and only happens on VoIP.

Someone had the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks.

drsouly

May 28, 2010
is someone working in an update for this rom? getting force closes on ram intense applications and wlan could be more stable

anyways thanks for the hard work. best ics rom atm

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
I love this rom, it is faster than SE's beta roms. I only have one problem; Android recognizes my LT18i as LT15i. I tried editing all the 'LT15i' words to 'LT18i' in build.prop, but did not work. Got any fix?

However I really like the rom, and I'm gonna use it for now :)

kes4817

Feb 15, 2011
Seoul
thanks!

can i install downloadprovideui.apk..?
i tried install from se beta,but it isnt installed.

and can i fix the lockscreen?

wallimo

Dec 17, 2010
Wuhan
Patently waiting for the next update to arrive, I also have a problem in that once I start vpn wireless hotspot etc I cannot turn it off and cannot start it again until I restart my phone

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
I have a problem, my phone randomly shuts down for no reason. This morning it was shut down, and the alarm didn't ring(fortunately I still woke up), and an hour ago it was shut down. Why its this happening? Its there a fix?

mineralvann

Apr 10, 2011
I have been using this rom for over 2 weeks now and not experienced anything like that, it rebootet one time but thats it. Are you on baseband 64? If you are and know how to install roms then your phone sound like its broken.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Here's the first release of the ROM I've been working on for some time now. This ROM is based on SEMC framework for compatibility (data connection etc), but introduces fully debranded system. ICELite is designed to be fast, lightweight and stable ROM ready for everyday's use. As usual, this is a BETA release, and I'm not responsible for any herp in case of derp or durr.

ICELite beta2

scaled.php

Summary:
    This ROM is a pure AOSP experience without any bloatware. If you need Timescape/Whateverscape, please use the SEMC ICS beta ROM. I am not taking any feature requests - this is going to be barebone Android 4.0.3 without any addons. If you need battery mod/wallpaper/xyz support - please click here

Features:
    - Wifi Direct app
    - latest Trebuchet launcher
    - 0%-battery friendly
    - HDMI + FM Radio
    - gapps base included (you may download all neccessary Google App from the market)

Bugs/Issues:
    - I haven't had enough time to port AOSP incall screen, so I included my custom one (thanks SEMC)

Tips:
    - setting animation scale to 0.5x (or even disable if you don't need eyecandy) improves overall speed/smoothness a lot

Howto:
    - download
    - unpack
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - flash update.zip via recovery

This ROM is tested (and works fine) with ICS BASEBAND (70+). You may experience various problems using different baseband!

Changelog:
    - beta2: ported beta1 changes to the official ICS release, latest stock kernel with 0% workaround.
    - hotfix2a: minor fix for GPS force close
    - hotfix2: restored Live Wallpaper Picker, restored statusbar clock color, fixed lags when entering settings, hopefully fixed incall button issues
    - hotfix1: fixed FM Radio FC, fixed pt_BR language, included new Wifi modules

Doomlord :D, FXP(J), Bin4ry, all Xperia developers

Kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

ROM: ICELite_zdzihu_beta2.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Hi guys,

Sorry there's been no updates since hotfix2, but my Arc is suffering from hardware fault. The "back" button seems to be always-pressed, which renders phone very hard to use (it automatically closes most of the apps I start, disconnects my calls after a second etc).

I'll try to disassemble it and hopefully fix the issue when I have some spare time. The development is NOT ceased.

Cheers,
    z
    ICELite beta2

Hi guys,

I haven't fixed my back button issue yet, but found a nice software workaround that makes phone more-or-less usable.

Here's work-in-progress build of ICELite, based on official ICS release. Since it's not tested much and barely optimized, I still consider it beta release.

I've been short on time lately, so I mostly ported beta1 changes to official ICS, added 0% workaround to stock kernel (and some minor stuff). Hopefully I'll get some more spare time to optimize the rom / cut off more bloatware soon. So far, tested for 24h without any random reboots.

For better experience, set your animation scale to 0.5x/0.5x in dev settings!

kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

ROM: ICELite_zdzihu_beta2.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Facebook sync / accound add is a generic ICS issue - you need to google for available workarounds.

Also, here's the hotfix1:

- fixed FM Radio force close
    - fixed pt_BR language causing constant force closes
    - included new Wifi modules which may (or may not) fix some wifi related problems

Download: ICELite_beta1_hotfix1.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback :) I am trying to investigate the issues mentioned in thread.

- problems with Setup Wizard (changing language = FC etc): just go throught it ASAP and you will be fine. I'll try to replace it wil less problematic version.

- Wifi problems - to be honest I don't have any, but I'll try to use different modules and check link quality and such

- touch-to-focus misaligned - I am working on it, seems to be just an app issue.

P.S.: I hope it has the "U MAD?" bootlogo/bootanimation
    Certainly :D

Cheers,
    z