[ROM][4.0.3]NOTEWorthy ICS BETA v2.0 (4/25/12)*UPDATED*

Search This thread

b3asty

Apr 4, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
P4S, Thanks for sharing this rom with us. It is my daily driver now despite the little issues here & there. Looking forward to the improvements. Enjoy the day with the fam!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

keplenk

Aug 27, 2008
I just installed this rom 1 hour ago and it is very smooth and awesome.

However, my wife called me 20 mins ago to tell me that I should buy tomatoes. My phone did not ring :(

Now I'm not having my favorite dinner :p lol .. just kiddin.

Just here to report like the others that my phone does not even right when someone calls.

I just tried my landline, my wife's phone and my other phone. No luck.

I'm so excited for the fix!! This ROM is super awesome.

Thanks again OP!

theandre

Mar 14, 2011
Good job, I like the stock experience. However , the ROM seems to be rather raw. Lots of force closes and camera does not seem to work correctly as well as many other things. But I like the direction, can't wait for the update!

assaace

Jan 3, 2011
I just installed this rom 1 hour ago and it is very smooth and awesome.

However, my wife called me 20 mins ago to tell me that I should buy tomatoes. My phone did not ring :(

Now I'm not having my favorite dinner :p lol .. just kiddin.

Just here to report like the others that my phone does not even right when someone calls.

I just tried my landline, my wife's phone and my other phone. No luck.

I'm so excited for the fix!! This ROM is super awesome.

Thanks again OP!

delete all your contacts, then try again, it will work

assaace

Jan 3, 2011

timmillah

Nov 9, 2008
I love this. Its great even though it isn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

ah ah I was thinking the same thing.

I'm going to wait for the bugs to be crushed. But I would really like the AOSP look and feel.

The thing is, I am being 100% sincere. The browser/scrolling/dialing/etc.. Is all extremely smooth. I love the way that this ROM looks (the basic AOSP style).. If it weren't for the force closing issues it'd be the best one i've ever used. On any phone. Literally.

It's still great, i'm assuming it won't take very long for a fix to get released. (He already said it should be fixed tomorrow by just going to stock dialer/contacts)...

songyop

Sep 17, 2010
Took today off from the ROM to spend time with the family but will get back on the grind in the morning. Enjoy your Sunday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

You and your family deserve it! Hope you are taking a good break with them today and be refreshed to give us a good update next.
I am thoroughly enjoying your ROM as a daily driver now. :D

rohankb

Feb 15, 2012
Seven Mile Beach

songyop

Sep 17, 2010
Just heads up. I'll be posting Beta 2 tomorrow that has stock dialer and contacts to fix that major problem for the time being. And if I have time I'll at least theme it to look better

Look forward to the fixes. I just confirmed also that calls are not coming through from the ones that are already on my Contacts, though SMS messages and calls from others do come through. As it's important to be able to receive calls from my existing contacts, I'll have to rely on other ROM until your fixes are ready. It's running so smoothly otherwise for now that I move reluctantly.:(
Doing a nandroid backup so that I can apply your fixes quickly when available and keep all my settings.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTEWorthy BETA

**Here is a Video of BETA v1.0 thanks to JmaHaffey-
    http://youtu.be/HWpCRNwmM20

Also, I will fancy up this post once I get things going because right now its looking terrrrrrribllleee LOL!

This ROM is deodexed, zip aligned, rooted, debloated, and based on UCLC5. When I say debloated, I'm saying that I removed what I figured to be bloat. This is considered beta because I'm not completely done with everything but my overall GOAL is to remove as much Samsung and AT&T crap as I can from this ROM and replace it with AOSP. Will get there one day. Just be patient

ROM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    ***********READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE T!!!! DO NOT RESTORE WITH TITANIUM BACKUP BECAUSE IT WILL BRING ON A LOT OF PROBLEMS************

For BETA v1.0 and BETA v2.0
    • Download zip to SDCARD
    • Reboot into recovery
    • MAKE NANDROID BACKUP
    • Wipe DATA/FACTORY RESET
    • Goto Mounts & Storage/Wipe System
    • Goto Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Install ROM ZIP from SDCARD
    • REBOOT AND ENJOY!
    You may experience a few FCs on first boot. Reboot after a few minutes and you should be fine
    If needed, manually enter APN settings following steps below:

Navigate to Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names
    Click menu key and select New APN
    For LTE user, use a
    For Non-LTE user, use b

A
    Name: whatever you want
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMSC Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN Type: internet+mms

B
    Name: whatever you want
    APN: wap.cingular
    User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Server: cingulargprs.com
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN Type: internet+mms

Click menu key, select save, then select the newly created apn and mobile data will be rolling!

CHANGELOG

BETA v2.0
    4/25/2012
    FULL-WIPE

• Added Dual-Panel Settings
    • Remove AOSP Contacts and Phone for now
    • Added ICS Browser+
    • Added AOSP ICS Calculator
    • Added Inverted AOSP Google Apps
    • Added Stock Samsung Camera back for video recording
    • Added Google Car Home
    • Fixed Trebuchet Launcher not showing Launcher Settings
    • Added AirDroid for a better experience similar to KiesAir
    • Fixed AOSP Keyboard dictionary problem
    • WILL ADD MORE AS I THINK ABOUT. BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR WHILE SO CANT REMEMBER EVERYTHING
    Battery Saving Tips for Beta v2.0
    • Goto Settings>Wireless>Hit Menu button>Advanced>Uncheck Network Notification & Auto connect to AT&T HotSpot. Also change "Keep Wi-Fi on during to: Only when plugged in
    • Using SetCPU or similar, change the CPU governor to CONSERVATIVE. Barely noticeable performance but 20% better battery life

BETA v1.0
    4/19/2012
    FULL-WIPE

• Deodexed and zip-aligned
    • Rooted
    • AOSP Lock Screen
    • Removed TW Launcher
    • Removed Bloat: Buddies Now, City ID, lcdtest, Media Hub, MiniDiary, MobilePrint, PolarisOffice, Samsung Apps, Samsung News Widget, Samsung Program Monitor Widget, Samsung Weather Clock Widget, Social Hub, SNS Accounts(they are irrelevant), Social Hub Widget, Voice Talk, WISPR
    • Added Trebuchet(CM9) Launcher
    • Added AOSP ICS Messaging app(BETA)
    • Added customizable 14-toggle mod
    • Themed Status Bar for a better AOSP look
    • Themed Settings for a better ICS look
    • Major Battery Tweaks
    • Few Performance Tweaks
    • Increased overall network speed
    • Added AOSP ICS Calendar with widget
    • YellowPagesLESSSSS Contacts
    • Added Stock ICS Keyboard
    • Added AOSP ICS Camera
    • Added AOSP ICS Gallery
    • Added AOSP ICS Contacts
    • Added AOSP ICS Phone
    • Added Movie Studio
    • Added AOSP ICS Browser
    • Increased video recording performance

Bugs

BETA v2.0
    • CAMERAAOSP Video Recording not saving video SOLUTION: FIXED. Use included Samsung Stock Camera
    • CAMERA Panaramic Mode doesn't work SOLUTION: Trying to pinpoint the cause then fix will come
    • PHONE Some users have FC with Phone APK after installing ROM. Try a reboot as it has fixed some peeps. If that doesn't work, reboot into recovery and repeat installation instructions again. Also, for some people, they are just getting FC right after booting and that is not a major problem at the momentSOLUTION: This should be gone in BETA v2.0
    • SMS/MMS MMS Force Close on each boot up SOLUTION: Only FC on each boot. No solution yet
    • CONTACTS android.process.acore Force Close randomly SOLUTION: Trying to pinpoint the cause then fix will come
    WILL MOST MORE INFO AS I FIND OUT

ROM Downloads

Add-Ons & Fixes
    Installation Instructions:
    Install add-on zip in Recovery and reboot

Screenshots
    Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-57-47.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-38-43.png

Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-38-31.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-38-14.png

Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-37-57.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-37-41.png

Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-37-00.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-18-11-37-26.png

Screenshot_2012-04-18-12-53-20.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-18-13-13-20.png

IF YOU APPRECIATE THE WORK BUY ME A DOS EQUIS SO I CAN STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS OR NOT LOL!
    Thread Temp Locked

This thread has now got way out of hand, i have had to clear out more posts. Can the OP please PM me when this is ready, i will re-open this thread.​
    MOD Notice

The behaviour of some here is outright childish, this is a development section not a kindergarten. If you have nothing sensible to add to the development of this ROM, then dont post! I have cleaned some of the troll posts and the responses, dont feed the trolls, just report to the moderation team! Lets keep it on topic from now!

And stop demanding a ETA, its ready when its ready. Doing so just annoys the devs, just appreciate there work!​
    OP updated with link. Enjoy and post feedback. Might have few FCs at first as ROM settles in. If you have any problems, never forget to give it a reboot. Messaging app FC at beginning of each boot is normal and will get fixed when I get a chance

Check this out. Getting closer and closer to rocking full tablet mode on our Notes. I've been quietly working on this for future version. Figured I'd post a shot

a6c05807-d7da-81c4.jpg