Keyboard Case

Search This thread

moustafaraslan

Oct 27, 2008
I'm looking for a case for the touchpad that has a keyboard attached to it, has anyone found anything like this?

Nomedias

Jun 3, 2010

Nomedias

Jun 3, 2010
Let me know your impression when u get it please!

Good news, it arrived today. Bad news, I sent it back for a refund.

Initially I was OK with it. The build quality wasn't as good as a Kensington keyfolio, but for $34 plus shipping I wasn't going to complain too much. The keyboard paired fine and most of the special top keys worked (4th and 5th key did nothing). However when the elastic strap came loose from low quality stitching after around 6 times closing the case, I decided to return it. I exerted no more force than necessary to stretch the strap around the cover.

Now that I've compared it with the Kensington case, I can definitely say the Kensington is well worth the extra cost. This is disappointing since this is the only keyboard+case with "HP Touchpad" in the product description I'm aware of.

4a83f021-a522-f39a.jpg

PROs:
Better fit for the Touchpad that the Kensington cases. See this threadhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=17133290 where I tried out the Kensington case.

Hard plastic keys versus rubber keys on the Kensington case. That said, apparently the newer Kensington cases have hard plastic keys. Rubber keyboards may not bother some, but I find them hard to use.

CONs:
4a83f021-a564-a8fc.jpg

Even with rubber keys, the Kensington keyboard is rigid and sturdy. The Goldx keyboard is disturbing non-rigid, even flimsy. I'm also concerned how it will wear over time. As you can see from the pictures, there is so much gap between keys you can actually see under them. It is a magnet for crumbs/etc getting under the keys. (Hey, everyone likes to eat crackers and type, right?)

Stitching. The reason I returned it, and severely lacking compared to the Kensington. Look at the pics and judge for your self.
4a83f021-a57f-b649.jpg

Unless you tilt the screen all the way up, the "grips" that hold the bottom of the pad aren't sufficient to keep it from slipping forward and onto the keyboard from the least bit of vibration, such as someone bumping the table. The rigid keyboard on the Kensington does an excellent job holding it it place.
4a83f021-a5b7-93de.jpg
4a83f021-a5c2-e716.jpg

Conclusion:
Not worth the money. After I get the refund, I'll look at getting a Kensington case with hard keys. Barnes and Nobles has one for $53, and as long as they are prompt with the refund I'll give them another chance. Of course, I'll be back to the tight case problem. My sister is a good seamstress, and I'll see If I can get her to adjust it to better fit the Touchpad.

Wish me luck.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
EDIT: Forgot the thread link I mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: moustafaraslan

moustafaraslan

Oct 27, 2008
Great review although sorry product didn't work out. I ordered one of these to try: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004DXGOA0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_C1_cs_sce_3p_dp_1

The dimensions between the ipad 1 and the touchpad are within a couple of mm at most and any case should have enough give to handle it. I'll report back after receiving it.

that looks similar to this case that was reviewed here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1102844/hp-touchpad-skripkas-keyboard-folio-case-review

Reactions: famewolf

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Great review although sorry product didn't work out. I ordered one of these to try: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004DXGOA0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_C1_cs_sce_3p_dp_1

The dimensions between the ipad 1 and the touchpad are within a couple of mm at most and any case should have enough give to handle it. I'll report back after receiving it.

This in fact was the exact keyboard I got down to the paper insert in the review being the same. Very pleased with it for $25 shipped.

eyeb

Mar 6, 2011
just wanted to mention that you guys could consider the aluminium keyboard cases for ipad 1 such as http://chinagrabber.com/ipad-blueto...keyboard-aluminum-case-holder--icase-467.aspx

I picked one up while I was over in taiwan last month (not the one linked, but similiar) and it seems to fix/work. But as mentioned the product I picked up isn't the one I linked, I actually don't know the name of the case I got, it was from a night market stall and written in chinese (I can't read it :S) and I think it was a knock off of a case. It might be because it's a knockoff and not properly fitted to the ipad 1 but it fit my touchpad :S. I did have to put in a little extra padding around the corners (afraid it would fall out if it was too lose :S).

Not promising it would fit, and it is expensive but maybe try looking into something similiar? I haven't bought from that site either and can't verify the trustworthiness of it, but just linked it to give you guys an idea of what I was talking about.

moustafaraslan

Oct 27, 2008
All of the aluminum cases are really expensive though I don't want to buy one just to experiment, and I can't justify the price either way. If anyone has a case with a keyboard they would recommend, please do, I would highly appreciate it!!

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
All of the aluminum cases are really expensive though I don't want to buy one just to experiment, and I can't justify the price either way. If anyone has a case with a keyboard they would recommend, please do, I would highly appreciate it!!

Well I already recommended the leather one with bluetooth keyboard (waterproof at that) for $20 + $5 shipping @ amazon which I purchased but you apparently are seeking cheaper.

Nomedias

Jun 3, 2010
Well I already recommended the leather one with bluetooth keyboard (waterproof at that) for $20 + $5 shipping @ amazon which I purchased but you apparently are seeking cheaper.

FYI, sold out. Who knows if it will show up again. :(

moustafaraslan

Oct 27, 2008
COMPLETELY missed your comment recommending it! thanks for the heads up I think i'm ordering it tonight. Is the touchpad loose in the case?

Nomedias

Jun 3, 2010
Not sure what you are looking at?

From amazon page:
Wacces Bluetooth keyboard leather case for iPad 16GB 32GB 64GB

by Wacces
Be the first to review this item | Like (0)
Price: $19.99
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Wacces.

Thanks, I got the links mixed up. Stryeguy posted earlier in the thread for a practically identical case on Amazon, now unavailable.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
COMPLETELY missed your comment recommending it! thanks for the heads up I think i'm ordering it tonight. Is the touchpad loose in the case?

Seems to be just right to me...not to loose..not to tight....you can tilt it every which way and it's not moving...camera hole even seems to line up...the review I linked to (originally posted by another user) shows it off pretty well. It linked fine and I've used it..even has a button which takes you to home screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me know your impression when u get it please!

Good news, it arrived today. Bad news, I sent it back for a refund.

Initially I was OK with it. The build quality wasn't as good as a Kensington keyfolio, but for $34 plus shipping I wasn't going to complain too much. The keyboard paired fine and most of the special top keys worked (4th and 5th key did nothing). However when the elastic strap came loose from low quality stitching after around 6 times closing the case, I decided to return it. I exerted no more force than necessary to stretch the strap around the cover.

Now that I've compared it with the Kensington case, I can definitely say the Kensington is well worth the extra cost. This is disappointing since this is the only keyboard+case with "HP Touchpad" in the product description I'm aware of.

4a83f021-a522-f39a.jpg

PROs:
    Better fit for the Touchpad that the Kensington cases. See this threadhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=17133290 where I tried out the Kensington case.

Hard plastic keys versus rubber keys on the Kensington case. That said, apparently the newer Kensington cases have hard plastic keys. Rubber keyboards may not bother some, but I find them hard to use.

CONs:
    4a83f021-a564-a8fc.jpg

Even with rubber keys, the Kensington keyboard is rigid and sturdy. The Goldx keyboard is disturbing non-rigid, even flimsy. I'm also concerned how it will wear over time. As you can see from the pictures, there is so much gap between keys you can actually see under them. It is a magnet for crumbs/etc getting under the keys. (Hey, everyone likes to eat crackers and type, right?)

Stitching. The reason I returned it, and severely lacking compared to the Kensington. Look at the pics and judge for your self.
    4a83f021-a57f-b649.jpg

Unless you tilt the screen all the way up, the "grips" that hold the bottom of the pad aren't sufficient to keep it from slipping forward and onto the keyboard from the least bit of vibration, such as someone bumping the table. The rigid keyboard on the Kensington does an excellent job holding it it place.
    4a83f021-a5b7-93de.jpg
    4a83f021-a5c2-e716.jpg

Conclusion:
    Not worth the money. After I get the refund, I'll look at getting a Kensington case with hard keys. Barnes and Nobles has one for $53, and as long as they are prompt with the refund I'll give them another chance. Of course, I'll be back to the tight case problem. My sister is a good seamstress, and I'll see If I can get her to adjust it to better fit the Touchpad.

Wish me luck.

EDIT: Forgot the thread link I mentioned.

that looks similar to this case that was reviewed here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1102844/hp-touchpad-skripkas-keyboard-folio-case-review