• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Whats MultiROM
Multirom is a ROM manager created by Tasssadar with the ability to load multiple ROMs without the need to remove your older one, giving you the ability to test/run multiple ROMs at once, you can also restore TWRP backup as Secondary ROMs allowing you to look at your backup to choose the right one, or maybe just have 2,3,4,5,6 working OS on your phone... just because it's cool.​

Warning!
It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack.
I Nuked my SDCard twice in porting this tool over, I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but I reverted few changes which might have been the reason, so I hope it wont happen again.
Still, I'll highly recommend you make backups and keep them on your computer. Always.
I've been using this for 2 weeks now with no serious problems, but just as well, don't be blaming me if anything goes wrong.

keep the "i cant get this to work" messages out of my PM i wont bother replying to them,
as almost anyone on this thread can help you.
you have a problem, read the main OP and if you still cant get it to work... post your problem here...
and be specific... "this is not working" will get you nowhere and no answers.

Special Thanks:
@Tasssadar: For The MultiROM Source.

Sources:
MultiROM
Modified TWRP

Download is one post below.

Last edited:

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Requirements:
  • S-off/Unlocked Bootloader
  • Understand How KL Zeus Work*

By Flashing That Kernel, you'd need to flash a 2nd kernel to go along with it..
if you don't follow those instruction, the main ROM wont boot.

To Install MultiROM:

1. Flash Zeus Boot.img
  2. Flash Multirom-20141228-v30-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery.
  3. Flash Multirom-20150430-v32-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery (New Layout ONLY).
  4. Reboot

To Fix Write To SDCard issue(flash on secondary ROM only):Not Needed with New Layout

1. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip(possible only needed on Lollipop, if no, no harm in switching to SuperSU)
  2. Flash SDFix.zip

To Remove ROMs:
  1. Reboot Into MultiROM
  2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> List ROM --> Select the ROM To Remove --> Delete
To Add ROMs:
  1. Reboot Into MultiROM
  2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> Add ROM

To Remove ROMs:
  1. Reboot Into MultiROM
  2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> List ROM --> Select the ROM To Remove --> Delete

To Change Kernels:

1. Boot TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List ROMs --> Flash Modules Zip*
  2. List ROMs --> Remove boot.img
  3. List ROMs --> Add boot.img
* The Modules must be flashed 1st, as the boot.img is replaced with each flash.​

Failed Install & losing memory

1. MultiROM -> TWRP
  2. adb shell dosfsck -a /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

ToDo:
  1. -- Nothing as it stands

Last edited:

lalit387

Jan 29, 2012
Delhi
Great!!! Eager to try but its very late night here :eek:

Also waiting for your Kernel

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

3498BoyZ

May 20, 2013
Wow your are just great ...... Will Test it if i have enough time.
Maybe you get tomorrow a pm

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
OK one question maybe stupid but When I install MultiROM.zip from my recovery and then I will restart the phone it will directly start in TWRP and ask me which ROM I want ot boot or how I will go in TWRP recovery when it is not on the recovery partition and it will be posible to flash custom kernel on the others roms 2,3,4 and etc.?

It'll be better if i answer this here,

during boot, after flashing MultiROM, MultiROM starts and prompts you to choose what to boot,
Internal (Main ROM), TWRP or other ROMs you installed.

if you want to change kernel of a secondary ROM,
You boot TWRP -->Advance --> MultiROM --> Select ROM --> Remove boot.img
Select ROM --> Add boot.img, then you get to select the kernel you want.

To Flash the Zips/Modules
TWRP -->Advance --> MultiROM --> Select ROM --> Flash Zip

Ill update the OP with these now.

Reactions: ljjehl and Thant

lalit387

Jan 29, 2012
Delhi
I have a silly question do I have to reflash my current Rom or it will be updated in Boot List Automatically after following above instructions.

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
I have a silly question do I have to reflash my current Rom or it will be updated in Boot List Automatically after following above instructions.

The main ROM will remain untouched..
but you'll need to know how KL Zeus works to boot it.

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
The Current structure of a secondary rom is...
/system 1.25GB
/data 1GB
/cache 436MB

It's a waste having this big of /system partition and small of /data partition...
So i need to know the size of the biggest bloatware ROM so i can shrink the /system partition to it.

Reactions: thotran7989

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
The Current structure of a secondary rom is...
/system 1.25GB
/data 1GB
/cache 436MB

It's a waste having this big of /system partition and small of /data partition...
So i need to know the size of the biggest bloatware ROM so i can shrink the /system partition to it.

It seems that the Sense based Roms do have a massive system partition. Skydragon 2.0, for example, has system at 922MB in zipped format.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Though people should keep the really big ROMs like Sense as the 1st OS. It only seems logical enough. By the way, does running a ROM on the internal sdcard slow down the OS at all? I know external sdcards have this issue for sure on other devices.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

I am not complaining for me work perfect I have for main ROM SENSE5 LonelyX and for second SlimKat5.2a and for third CM11 nightly from 25.05.2014 and I don't see lags or something else now my phone work on CM11 for few days after this I think to start SlimKat for few days Main Rom is ok

cappuccina

Feb 24, 2010
I am not complaining for me work perfect I have for main ROM SENSE5 LonelyX and for second SlimKat5.2a and for third CM11 nightly from 25.05.2014 and I don't see lags or something else now my phone work on CM11 for few days after this I think to start SlimKat for few days Main Rom is ok

You've made me think of trying sense again. :D
I've only tried aosp for a long time now.
But with multirom I might flash a sense rom again. Would be great to be able to use sense camera for example while running carbon as main rom. :p

I'm on carbon (main rom) and slimkat (second rom) and they both work fine and smooth.
Maybe only the start up needs a little longer than usual but once it's booted it works fine.

sent from my carbonated Kitty Kat

Reactions: Thant

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
You've made me think of trying sense again. :D
I've only tried aosp for a long time now.
But with multirom I might flash a sense rom again. Would be great to be able to use sense camera for example while running carbon as main rom. :p

I'm on carbon (main rom) and slimkat (second rom) and they both work fine and smooth.
Maybe only the start up needs a little longer than usual but once it's booted it works fine.

sent from my carbonated Kitty Kat

just now deleted CM11 to many bug for me I missed important notification. The phone beep but I don't see nothing on the screen. Now for this week I think to test SlimKat to see how it works I hope to be stable and don't miss any inportant notification. Whole day I thik on the question why today I have too many free hours and in the end of the day when start main rom I understand why:D:eek:

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
So I flashed the MultiROM zip through the Aroma installer, when I boot into MultiROM and try to add a secondary ROM, it installs but i can't do much with it after, it doesn't boot either, as for my primary ROM, this goes missing until I actually boot into recovery and reinstall the ROM, any ideas? Or am I supposed to use the Aroma KL Flasher for every boot image? Though it doesn't work because it only asks for a standalone image, not a modules folder.
I flashed the kernel modules through the MultiROM section but everything fails aswell, I know I'm doing something wrong though.

Last edited:

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
So I flashed the MultiROM zip through the Aroma installer, when I boot into MultiROM and try to add a secondary ROM, it installs but i can't do much with it after, it doesn't boot either, as for my primary ROM, this goes missing until I actually boot into recovery and reinstall the ROM, any ideas? Or am I supposed to use the Aroma KL Flasher for every boot image? Though it doesn't work because it only asks for a standalone image, not a modules folder.
I flashed the kernel modules through the MultiROM section but everything fails aswell, I know I'm doing something wrong though.

When I add a secondary Rom I also go into the advanced/Multirom/ list and select the Rom I installed. I then remove boot.img, then go back and install boot.img (the boot.img I extracted from Rom), go to the directory I saved that to and it's done. Should boot after that.
@Thunder07,
My current issue seems to be a cache issue. I seem to have to fastboot cache a lot more than I like, otherwise I can't always get to TWRP. Reboot (or from poweroff) more often than not seems to get me only the internal Rom and not the MultiRom startup. I was hoping a wipe cache from device would be sufficient, but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats MultiROM
    Multirom is a ROM manager created by Tasssadar with the ability to load multiple ROMs without the need to remove your older one, giving you the ability to test/run multiple ROMs at once, you can also restore TWRP backup as Secondary ROMs allowing you to look at your backup to choose the right one, or maybe just have 2,3,4,5,6 working OS on your phone... just because it's cool.​

Warning!
    It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack.
    I Nuked my SDCard twice in porting this tool over, I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but I reverted few changes which might have been the reason, so I hope it wont happen again.
    Still, I'll highly recommend you make backups and keep them on your computer. Always.
    I've been using this for 2 weeks now with no serious problems, but just as well, don't be blaming me if anything goes wrong.

keep the "i cant get this to work" messages out of my PM i wont bother replying to them,
    as almost anyone on this thread can help you.
    you have a problem, read the main OP and if you still cant get it to work... post your problem here...
    and be specific... "this is not working" will get you nowhere and no answers.

Special Thanks:
    @Tasssadar: For The MultiROM Source.

Sources:
    MultiROM
    Modified TWRP

Download is one post below.
    Requirements:
    • S-off/Unlocked Bootloader
    • Understand How KL Zeus Work*

By Flashing That Kernel, you'd need to flash a 2nd kernel to go along with it..
    if you don't follow those instruction, the main ROM wont boot.

To Install MultiROM:

1. Flash Zeus Boot.img
    2. Flash Multirom-20141228-v30-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery.
    3. Flash Multirom-20150430-v32-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery (New Layout ONLY).
    4. Reboot

To Fix Write To SDCard issue(flash on secondary ROM only):Not Needed with New Layout

1. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip(possible only needed on Lollipop, if no, no harm in switching to SuperSU)
    2. Flash SDFix.zip

To Remove ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    To Add ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> Add ROM

To Remove ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM

To Change Kernels:

1. Boot TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List ROMs --> Flash Modules Zip*
    2. List ROMs --> Remove boot.img
    3. List ROMs --> Add boot.img
    * The Modules must be flashed 1st, as the boot.img is replaced with each flash.​

Failed Install & losing memory

1. MultiROM -> TWRP
    2. adb shell dosfsck -a /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

ToDo:
    1. -- Nothing as it stands
    Update:
    --MultiROM updated to mainstream v27
    ---Bug Fix and GUI Redesign
    --Fixed MultiROM not booting without a USB attached (with the help of Tassadar)(Zeus Update)

--MultiROM v27 zip must be flashed normally through Recovery
    --Zeus kernel has also been updated, make sure to flash Zeus B8 using fastboot flash boot Zeus.img

Get it in the 1st post
    Alright Everyone,

As I mentioned few weeks earlier, I can no longer maintain this project as such I've closed this thread and discontinued development.
    Should anyone like to continue on the development, they can check my github and Tassadar's work, all which are linked to in OP.

Regards.
    Update V31
    -- Fix sdcard mounting issue on secondary ROM (New Layout Only)
    -If you copied anything to Internal sdcard from a secondary rom before this update, you can retrieve it from /sdcard/multirom/roms/ROM_NAME/data/media/0/ from internal/secondary rom or even the recovery

http://d-h.st/wOg6
    @modest.young, @cappuccina
    Thanks guys for spotting this,
    the secondary rom created a new internal sdcard(just a folder) which was working an empty,
    and since when i tested this, my sdcard was empty I was fooled :p