Just got my HD2 - Tmobile US... Couple of questions

Search This thread

Nano3

Jul 10, 2008
This phone comes with a bunch of stuff that i dont need... transformer movie, barnes and noble reader... blockbuster crap. i have no need for that. Is there a way to get rid of all that pre packed stuff... Kinda reminds me of when i bought my laptop from Best Buy. All these trial software programs just take up space.

Also. I'm thinking of going with an official HTC rom. is this the correct page to do it from? http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=804&news_id=434. if i do, do that... where can i find the official TMobile US ROM just in case if i decide to bring it back.

Another question... This one is mainly for Tmobile representatives. I was originally under a month to month contract without my social. In order to get the discount for the phone. i had to put the phone under my social. i didnt realize at the time but on my way back i noticed that i now have two lines... different accounts. i want my old phone number "the one without the social" to be my regular number. not the other one. how should i go about doing that?

thanks in advance for any help with all of my questions

brianb7590

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Sandy Springs, Georgia
This phone comes with a bunch of stuff that i dont need... transformer movie, barnes and noble reader... blockbuster crap. i have no need for that. Is there a way to get rid of all that pre packed stuff... Kinda reminds me of when i bought my laptop from Best Buy. All these trial software programs just take up space.

Also. I'm thinking of going with an official HTC rom. is this the correct page to do it from? http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=804&news_id=434. if i do, do that... where can i find the official TMobile US ROM just in case if i decide to bring it back.

Another question... This one is mainly for Tmobile representatives. I was originally under a month to month contract without my social. In order to get the discount for the phone. i had to put the phone under my social. i didnt realize at the time but on my way back i noticed that i now have two lines... different accounts. i want my old phone number "the one without the social" to be my regular number. not the other one. how should i go about doing that?

thanks in advance for any help with all of my questions

Well...You can't flash yet. HSPL has not been released for T-Mobile branded HD2s so you have to wait.

They are working on it so, once its released you can flash any rom you want.

zhiheng

Mar 23, 2008
NY
A quick question

I would assume current customized ROMs are for European model, which has 512 Mb ROM. These ROMs will also be compatible with t mobile hd2, which has 1G ROM ??

thanks

Well...You can't flash yet. HSPL has not been released for T-Mobile branded HD2s so you have to wait.

They are working on it so, once its released you can flash any rom you want.

Nano3

Jul 10, 2008
I just formatted my sd card through both my computer and the phones format option via menu... and all those applications are there? are you guys telling me that im stuck with a whole bunch of "Apps" That i do not want?

lude219

Jul 13, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
I just formatted my sd card through both my computer and the phones format option via menu... and all those applications are there? are you guys telling me that im stuck with a whole bunch of "Apps" That i do not want?
If you truly did format your sd card, then it should be wiped clean. whatever remnants that you still see on your phone are just shortcuts.

Nano3

Jul 10, 2008
i did format... i went to the transformers video and to try to play it and its giving me a "Media file not found" error... wich is good... but how do i remove the shortcut?

lbhocky19

Feb 18, 2007
no for the start menu you must go to file explorer, windows/start menu/programs then delete them there

Nano3

Jul 10, 2008
these methods just remove system files and some shortcuts... they do not uninstall them which is the right way to do it. anybody else? im getting frustrated

mZimm

Jan 31, 2008
I don't work for T-Mobile but I can tell you that your two lines predicament depends on how you bought the device. Pre-Paid month to month contracts do not get phone upgrades/subsidized pricing for contract extensions, so you are required to purchase the phones at the full price. If you did not pay the full price for the phone, then you signed up for a 2 year contract and in order to stop that contract and not pay each month you have to cancel that line, and pay a $200 ETF. If you just want your old number and remain on that contract you will have to contact T-Mobile and have them port your number over, which may take a little time. If you want to go back to your month to month no contract thing, then just switch the SIM cards.