Best Camera For DROID BIONIC!

Search This thread

Adizero1

Feb 5, 2012
Okay well I tried that out and and am in a bit of a hole now. I don't have a camera app.

By relative terms, I'm a noob, so tell me what I did wrong. I renamed the BlurCamera.apk in system/app/ to BlurCamera.apk1 (and left the odex file alone) and moved the file you linked to that location as well. The permissions for the file were rw-r--r--. So I go to the app tray; no Camera app. I restarted my phone; no Camera app. I click on the BlurCamera app (the same one you linked us) and attempted to 'Install' it, resulting in 'Application not installed".

So at that point, I just wanted to undo everything so that I can have a functional camera again. I deleted the file you gave and renamed the original back to BlurCamera.apk. (If it's of any relevance, the permissions for that file are also rw-r--r--). No camera app in app tray and still nothing after a restart.

WHAT DO I DO?:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Never mind. Took a couple power cycles.

Thankfully, original Camera app is showing up in the tray. But the one you linked didn't work for me.

codygs83

thank you for the apk, however says install unsuccessful.
I'm using eclipse 2.0.
Thank you for the effort though, I had been looking for a better camera apk because it just seems like the stock one doesn't quite cut it. After my old htc evo shift and looking at iphone camera pics the motorola just isn't anywhere close as far as quality.

Skidoo03

Apr 28, 2011
So I am a noob to doing this and I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or anything but how exactly do you do this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my BA Bionic

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
I'm using eclipse 2.0.
Thank you for the effort though, I had been looking for a better camera apk because it just seems like the stock one doesn't quite cut it. After my old htc evo shift and looking at iphone camera pics the motorola just isn't anywhere close as far as quality.

Ok guys

First off have root access
Using root explorer go into system/app find your System cam make a copy of it(this is just in case it doesnt work) and put it somewhere you'll find easily.
DELETE THE ORIGINAL
Put the BLURCAM.apk in the same system/app folder

LOOK CLOSELY

You'll see that the PERMISSION aren't correct. CORRECT THEM. Just hold down on the BLURCAM.apk and go to set permission. It should be rw-r--r-- or something(phones bricked working on it) BUT its like this

. .

THREE CHECKS DOWN THE LEFT SIDE, 1 CHECK IN THE TOP MIDDLE

Then Reboot and enjoi

PS: If your cam disappears its probably your rom. Just do the same thing BUT WITH YOUR SYSTEM CAM

Then Reboot and enjoi

lol

Adizero1

Feb 5, 2012
Ok guys

Using root explorer go into system/app find your System cam make a copy of it(this is just in case it doesnt work) and put it somewhere you'll find easily.
DELETE THE ORIGINAL

LOOK CLOSELY

You'll see that the PERMISSION aren't correct. CORRECT THEM. Just hold down on the BLURCAM.apk and go to set permission. It should be rw-r--r-- or something(phones bricked working on it) BUT its like this

. .

Then Reboot and enjoi

PS: If your cam disappears its probably your rom. Just do the same thing BUT WITH YOUR SYSTEM CAM

Then Reboot and enjoi

lol

I did this. Not working.

I'm on stock and rooted.

floot_roops

Oct 21, 2011
Possibly a dumb question, but what exactly is this from?

Is this a blurcamera apk from a different device, different firmware version, etc?

I recently rooted my wife's bionic for her (updated to 901, running Eclipse), but she hasn't loved the camera on the phone in general, so I'd love to toy with different applications (system or otherwise) to see how much is hardware and how much the native app.

Just trying to find out a little more about the apk in this post.

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI

Is this a blurcamera apk from a different device, different firmware version, etc?

I recently rooted my wife's bionic for her (updated to 901, running Eclipse), but she hasn't loved the camera on the phone in general, so I'd love to toy with different applications (system or otherwise) to see how much is hardware and how much the native app.

Its the cam from the 5.8.894 update. In my opinion its the best Blurcam. There are just tad differences between .901 and this. I personally like the look. But it has better quality than the .901 cam, takes pictures faster, all that good stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: floot_roops

s.dubs317

May 30, 2011
Moto G 5G
This is by far the best blur camera. The speed rivals the RAZR. Perfect quality. This is a system app so naturally you have backup current cam or just put a copy of it somewhere you'll remember.
Correct the permissions and your good to go.

Here it is

http://db.tt/45y3onVM

Bionic
Eclipse 2.1 Rom on. 901
Titanium-X Tpax

It seems the link you posted has expired. If you can repost it, I would like to try it out and I'll also upload to my server then post a permanent link for it so you don't have to worry about drop box links expiring... Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

s.dubs317

May 30, 2011
Moto G 5G
And this is by far the best camera app out there. I've tried many and this one is super quick, no hesitation when taking a pic and will also work in conjunction with an aosp gallery, although i did rename the app to camera.apk from blurcamera.apk.

TerrorTodd

Jan 2, 2012
In my opinion the best camera app is the Camera ICS. I liked it so much I bought the app Camera ICS+. Very fast and great pics!!

Just go to the Play Market and search for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is by far the best blur camera. The speed rivals the RAZR. Perfect quality. This is a system app so naturally you have backup current cam or just put a copy of it somewhere you'll remember.
    Correct the permissions and your good to go.

Here it is

http://db.tt/45y3onVM

Bionic
    Eclipse 2.1 Rom on. 901
    Titanium-X Tpax
    I'm using eclipse 2.0.

Ok guys

DELETE THE ORIGINAL

LOOK CLOSELY

. .

Then Reboot and enjoi

Then Reboot and enjoi

lol
    I tried this awhile back when it was posted but couldn't get it to install, I tried several ways of installing and even changed permissions, but no luck.

I have this file in my box account and can repost if needed.

edit: i'm not sure the procedure for posting links but here you go: http://www.box.com/s/79qbqq3pibe9es81pmib

Its the cam from the 5.8.894 update. In my opinion its the best Blurcam. There are just tad differences between .901 and this. I personally like the look. But it has better quality than the .901 cam, takes pictures faster, all that good stuff
    It seems the link you posted has expired. If you can repost it, I would like to try it out and I'll also upload to my server then post a permanent link for it so you don't have to worry about drop box links expiring... Thanks.

damn...I'll see if I have it still