i need help with my new n900v

Search This thread

lidor578

Aug 9, 2008
hello there
i did a mistake and buy note 3 n900v
my rom is based on mje
and my device is very slow and the tw luncher is not smooth like n9005 even that they share the same cpu and gpu
i want to change my rom to one is clean from everyrhing from verizon (like apps and bootanimation)
i have root access and i dont want to brick my device
can i install n9005 rom?
someone can help me please ?

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
hello there
my rom is based on mje
and my device is very slow and the tw luncher is not smooth like n9005 even that they share the same cpu and gpu
i want to change my rom to one is clean from everyrhing from verizon (like apps and bootanimation)
can i install n9005 rom?

Questions should be in Q & A. That's what its there for.

Buying a 900V is a big mistake if your not on Verizon. No, you cannot flash N9005 roms on this device. Your best bet would be installing one of the roms in the development section here. http://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3/development

huess113

Nov 13, 2006
hello there
my rom is based on mje
can i install n9005 rom?

how do you rooted your mje n990v? i can't

rkmFL

Dec 10, 2010
Kingo... worked on mine

I don't know if there is a scamware version of Kingo going around or something, but I've never been able to get it to work.

I can use ADB without any problems on my SM-N900V. I then run Kingo and it does nothing, just sits there "waiting" for the devices. Windows Firewall disabled, No AV software, Trying Kingo w/Admin permissions and without. Nothing works.

After wasting hours with this, I finally decided I'd try a vanilla Windows 8 install, nothing on it but Kingo. Still didn't work.

Brought my phone back to my PC, ADB works just fine -- tried Kingo again -- nothing.

...On a related note...

After searching the forums for some time, there is one question I just can't determine definitively:

Can the SM-N900V (Verizon Galaxy Note 3) be truly "unlocked" with a custom recover (or) are we still limited to Safestrap options?

Thank you in advance,
RKM

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I don't know if there is a scamware version of Kingo going around or something, but I've never been able to get it to work.

I can use ADB without any problems on my SM-N900V. I then run Kingo and it does nothing, just sits there "waiting" for the devices. Windows Firewall disabled, No AV software, Trying Kingo w/Admin permissions and without. Nothing works.

After wasting hours with this, I finally decided I'd try a vanilla Windows 8 install, nothing on it but Kingo. Still didn't work.

Brought my phone back to my PC, ADB works just fine -- tried Kingo again -- nothing.

...On a related note...

After searching the forums for some time, there is one question I just can't determine definitively:

Can the SM-N900V (Verizon Galaxy Note 3) be truly "unlocked" with a custom recover (or) are we still limited to Safestrap options?

Thank you in advance,
RKM

I had the same problem with Kingo initially. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it was a simple fix.... something stupid. Now it works with no problem.

In regard to the recovery, if you have a retail Note 3 from Verizon you will brick it if you flash a recovery other than safestrap. The bootloader will recognize the recovery is not stock, your knox will void you warranty and the phone will not boot. The only available recovery option for retail is safestrap.

rkmFL

Dec 10, 2010
I had the same problem with Kingo initially. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it was a simple fix.... something stupid. Now it works with no problem.

I've tried all of the crazy suggestions that people have claimed will make it work. Setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, allowing untrusted & disabling app inspection, everything.

I can even use ADB directly from the Kingo directory, no problem.

And here's the real kicker .. if I delete the token allowing ADB access to my phone, Kingo will not trigger the phone to prompt for one. So Kingo is *not* even attempting to run ADB.

Not to mention, if you look at the logs, the entire time Kingo is communicating with Chinese servers. Sure, it might not be doing anything to root the phone, but that's not going to stop them from sending loads of data to China in the process.

At this point I think I think I'm best to chalk up the 12+ wasted hours on Kingo and give vRoot a try. What a nightmare, I've never had such a bad experience with an Android tool, whether it be for S-OFF, Rooting, etc.

Ripp221

Mar 22, 2014
I've tried all of the crazy suggestions that people have claimed will make it work. Setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, allowing untrusted & disabling app inspection, everything.

And here's the real kicker .. if I delete the token allowing ADB access to my phone, Kingo will not trigger the phone to prompt for one. So Kingo is *not* even attempting to run ADB.

Not to mention, if you look at the logs, the entire time Kingo is communicating with Chinese servers. Sure, it might not be doing anything to root the phone, but that's not going to stop them from sending loads of data to China in the process.

At this point I think I think I'm best to chalk up the 12+ wasted hours on Kingo and give vRoot a try. What a nightmare, I've never had such a bad experience with an Android tool, whether it be for S-OFF, Rooting, etc.

Any luck with vroot?

alt230

Feb 10, 2013
I wish you could recall the "something simple" to make Kingo work. Where can I get "Safestrap?"

bradleyem

Dec 2, 2007
Columbus, OH
I just got a Verizon SM-900V with MJE yesterday. I need root to be able to use ARUnchained with my AppRadio 2. I tried Kingo, and it just kept switching between "connecting" and "downloading drivers" it never would connect to the phone. At this point, I'm not to concerned about custom ROMs, nor am I concerned about voiding the warranty. I just need to be able to obtain ROOT without bricking my phone. All of the threads on successful rooting of this device are from around November of last year. So, is there a way to successfully root any more? Thanks in advance!

kwhaley19

May 10, 2015
auburn
please help.. I have 900v upgraded to 5.0.1....lost pics and voice recorded files...

please help with my note 3