How does one corrupt their /efs partition?

Search This thread

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
How does someone mess up their /efs partition?

Wouldn't you have to deliberately target this partition in some manner? I can only see a risk if someone were flashing a complete twrp backup that includes the /efs partition, but that's about it.

I backed up my /efs via twrp and uploaded it to a cloud storage provider. A few days later, I made a second /efs backup on my sdcard, however I would never think of regularly backing up this partition, as it should never need to be restored.

So yeah... my question is how would someone mess this partition up?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

Wouldn't you have to deliberately target this partition in some manner? I can only see a risk if someone were flashing a complete twrp backup that includes the /efs partition, but that's about it.

I backed up my /efs via twrp and uploaded it to a cloud storage provider. A few days later, I made a second /efs backup on my sdcard, however I would never think of regularly backing up this partition, as it should never need to be restored.

in my 5.5 years of android ive never backed up my efs, ever. but, random stuff happens in life.

Reactions: _jordan_

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
^ same here. Been an android superuser since day one.

Backed up the efs on this device, and also my galaxy nexus because twrp allowed me to... Just no idea how one corrupts the partition.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

You only have to backup EFS once ;), its not beeing updated

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

On this phone most symptoms that look like efs corruption aren't but always backup to be safe.

On a samsung, almost everything you do has a 5% risk of efs corruption including powering up the phone

Reactions: _jordan_

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I wanted a local backup on my sdcard. Deleted the original for some reason.

If you're going to back it up. Don't leave it on your internal, copy it to a pc. If you ever do need it chances are that your internal is not going to be accessible.

Sent from my Nexus 5

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I just uploaded mine to my Google Drive. Never done it in the past but thought I'd do it this time to be safe!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

in my 5.5 years of android ive never backed up my efs, ever. but, random stuff happens in life.

On this phone most symptoms that look like efs corruption aren't but always backup to be safe.

On a samsung, almost everything you do has a 5% risk of efs corruption including powering up the phone