Tax/Duty when buying from US.

Search This thread

Artanis02

Nov 14, 2012
Hey guys, is it possible to import a single Relay 4G without the tax? (its 44$ for US to Poland ;/ )

EDIT:
Btw, is it very different to flash a rom on relay than it is on xperias ?
Any intructions?

Last edited:

hbk.vix

Apr 5, 2014
Hey guys, is it possible to import a single Relay 4G without the tax? (its 44$ for US to Poland ;/ )

EDIT:
Btw, is it very different to flash a rom on relay than it is on xperias ?
Any intructions?

Ask the seller to ship it as a gift item or promotional item. This generally cancels the levied tax.. Not sure if it applies in your country though.. :silly:;)

Also, yes it's different. You use odin here or you can flash via recovery.. The forums have all the relevant information required.. :)
I'd suggest Liquid Smooth, it's very smooth and customizable.. :)

Artanis02

Nov 14, 2012
Yeah i downloaded everything required.
I just need to find a guide.
The seller told me that the tax is unavoidable ;/ i'll live with it though :D Paid 300$ for my Xperia Pro, i can surely pay 250 for Relay :D
Wish me luck with the shipping :D

hbk.vix

Apr 5, 2014
Yeah i downloaded everything required.
I just need to find a guide.
The seller told me that the tax is unavoidable ;/ i'll live with it though :D Paid 300$ for my Xperia Pro, i can surely pay 250 for Relay :D
Wish me luck with the shipping :D

Haha.. Hope it brings you as much happiness as it has brought me.. :)
All The Best!!:good::good:

Artanis02

Nov 14, 2012
I'd like to ask someone from U.S. to help me get a Relay 4G from eBay.
I found out that if someone buys from the guy on eBay (the one i want) and then sends it to me as a gift, then I'd be able to pay around 40$ less.
If there's anybody that could help me, I'd really appreciate it.
We could set the terms through pm (I'm down with securing the trade via eBay).
I hope there's someone rich with a lot of time that can help me :D
Greets

seidler2547

Nov 24, 2007
Leipzig
I recently went to the US and bought a Relay from eBay for 99$. When you go there in person, no taxes need to be paid.

But I bought the first Relay some time ago also from eBay, and their GSP (global selling program) is really good. Especially because they tell you in advance how much shipping AND taxes you have to pay, and I had not only this but some other stuff as well shipped to me and I never had to go anywhere to pick it up and never had to pay anything additional. So for buying to the EU at least I can very much recommend it.

You'll recognize GSP items if it says something like "includes customs clearance and international shipping with package tracking" (in your language) and they give you an estimate of the taxes and shipping on the eBay item page.

And in my experience, declaring items as gift does exactly nothing, because it doesn't matter - you're bringing goods into the country and you have to pay taxes for it, no matter whether it's a gift or not. And finally, according to http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Poland/ you don't have to pay anything if the total value is below 150 EUR - which should be enough to get a used Relay 4G.

Stefan

Last edited:

Artanis02

Nov 14, 2012
I see.
Regarding the 150 EUR limit, a new relay costs ~190 $, that's like 140 EUR, but the seller still includes the tax... why's that?

Artanis02

Nov 14, 2012
Just bought one unit from ebay for 222$ with import and delivery charges.
Hope it comes in one piece :)

UPDATE:
Package already in Poland, any day now :)

Last edited:

Artanis02

Nov 14, 2012
Just got it :D it's great, but wifi doesnt work.
I mean it finds some networks but not mine, can anyone help?
EDIT: Had to reset my router setting, work fine now :D
Do the ROMs on XDA support Polish language on keyboard and menu?

Last edited:

mazak23

Oct 21, 2010
Just got it :D it's great, but wifi doesnt work.
I mean it finds some networks but not mine, can anyone help?
EDIT: Had to reset my router setting, work fine now :D
Do the ROMs on XDA support Polish language on keyboard and menu?
Yes, we did some...
Tak robimy coś w tym temacie. Jest na forum.

Artanis02

Nov 14, 2012
Yes, we did some...
Tak robimy coś w tym temacie. Jest na forum.

Great :D
I actually have the Polish keyboard working right now, but it's on CM11, which has performance problems for me ;/
I'd really like to get cm 10.2 (or whatever the lastest Jelly Bean is) with Polish word correction support.
I made an attempt to copy the keyboard files from CM11 to CM10.2 zip file, and the keyboard worked fine, but the launcher would crash quite a bit ;/
Could you let me know about any threads regarding Polish keyboard support?
Greets