[FREE GAME] Cognicube - It's like a Rubik's Cube, but flattened!

Search This thread

theillustratedlife

Jun 15, 2009
Hey guys,

I just shipped my first Android game!

It's called Cognicube. It's a sliding cube puzzle, like a Rubik's Cube, but unwrapped so you can see all six faces at once.

It's completely free. There's a donation window that will pop-up when you launch the game, but you can easily close it with the Back key.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks.

Download Cognicube

Attachments

• 1-landscape.jpg
    1-landscape.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 2-landscape.jpg
    2-landscape.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 134
  • 3-landscape.jpg
    3-landscape.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 128

kekkle

Nov 8, 2009
i was happy to install until I got the message I needed Adobe Air. And I don't wanna install Adobe Air right now as it requires quite some space and I don't have that space available.

theillustratedlife

Jun 15, 2009
Thanks for letting me know.

The game is written in ActionScript, so there's not much I can do about it. I suppose I could create my own WebView wrapper that relies on the user having Flash already installed, but that seems like a hacky way to go about it with little benefit.

AIR behaves like any other APK on you're device; you can always remove it if you run out of space.

danielt14

Jul 21, 2010
El Centro, CA
Hey just a quick question? you said the is like a Rubik's cube but flattened right. I was just curious were you trying to make the movements react like a real Rubik's? or you just made up your own to put your little spin off to it?

theillustratedlife

Jun 15, 2009
It's definitely my own spin on the concept. =)

That said, I would like it to be compatible with Rubik's. There are some moves that are a bit harder to execute in Cognicube, but I think you can make all the same moves.

rmcsc

Jul 11, 2010
Looks great. Gonna try it now!

Raúl, editor – Android Puerto Rico
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk Pro

theillustratedlife

Jun 15, 2009
Thanks guys.

SwiftKey has a known incompatibility with AIR. The force-closing is out of my hands.

If it's any consolation, they are both very popular apps, and I expect one of them to fix it shortly.

theillustratedlife

Jun 15, 2009
I've been hard-at-work on a tablet-optimized version of the game. On the Nook Color, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire, Sony Tablet P, and similar devices; you'll see an additional view of the puzzle, from MC Escher's perspective.

There's still a free version available from Google and Barnes and Noble. The premium edition is on Amazon, and a free one is coming soon there as well.

Please let me know what you think! Of course, I'd appreciate any Likes/+1s on the product pages:

- Android Market
- Amazon Appstore
- Barnes and Noble

Thanks to you all, and happy Thanksgiving!