As Promised••• The Sys-Dump from T-Mobile Note... ICS 4.03 !

Search This thread

squish099

Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis
Haven't heard anymore about the tmo note recently. Any new info?? Just curious if it's still in testing or if anyone has heard any info about a release date?? Thanks..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

marcos600rr

Aug 13, 2011
san juan
I think someone should be working on this there are lots of tmous users with this phone!!!!!!!

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
My god. I just bought a month of straight talk last night. If the modem works, im going to be confused as of my reaction.

Why is that?

Straight Talk is good service at an affordable price. If you bought the AT&T SIM, you should be good to go. If you're considering Tmo service and perhaps because it's some how better in your area, then you can always buy the Tmo SIM from ST and pop it in once you have a working Tmo rom/radio.. Best of all worlds. IMHO.

Last edited:

jghidalgo307

Jun 20, 2011
Can we possibly transfer wifi calling to an at&t note using a tmobile sim? (please say yes please say yes)

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
+1

As Promised........ Here is the System dump I got from the Tmobile beta test G-Note. Now I know everyone wants the Kernel and Modem, but until I can figure out how to get those without moving the counter and only with a temp root (which I have not been successful ...yet:)) it will take a little longer, I do not want to get anyone in hot water for my curiosity......:eek::D:cool:

More to come .....hopefully..... Enjoy and provide feedback on anything which may be helpful to progress......

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8999r6injll7hic/gnote.7z

uh uh uh !!! i want i want i want!!!! :D

:p drooling all over ...

you'r the man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As Promised........ Here is the System dump I got from the Tmobile beta test G-Note. Now I know everyone wants the Kernel and Modem, but until I can figure out how to get those without moving the counter and only with a temp root (which I have not been successful ...yet:)) it will take a little longer, I do not want to get anyone in hot water for my curiosity......:eek::D:cool:

More to come .....hopefully..... Enjoy and provide feedback on anything which may be helpful to progress......

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8999r6injll7hic/gnote.7z
    Yes thank you much, I myself am on AT&T but I have a couple of friends that have been watching / waiting for a little more R&D on the Tmobile side of things. Are you a dev too Oka1?

No Not really I haven't done any dev work since the HD2 I know just enough to know how dumb I really am..... but I am glad we got this much I am going to try and get the kernel and modem next......:D

As far as the ICS........... you know this Image Probably will work on the ATT NOTE since it is ICS 4.03........ at a minimum it will provide the REAL Devs some insight on how to port ICS into our existing phones....
    Extracted system images

If anyone's having trouble getting into the system.img, userdir.img or ramdisk, I decided to extract them for a peak. You can download it here. The system image looks a little light at 166MB and a few files I expected weren't there (libril-qc-qmi-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so), but it's possible they get built on the first boot ... or they are tucked away elsewhere ... not sure. Either way, happy tinkering.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q68gd6g8sp7m3b3
    Theres another thread on xda where another member was playing around with his antenna and improve his speeds dramaticly. This may be more of the solution or at least part of it. I have a feeling the tmob note radio wont be anything special. I mean this phone wasnt meant to run AWS so they wouldnt have invested $ into a good antenna but rather better ones for the more popular radio frequencies.

Regardless thanks for providing the dump for us.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

Not true, the antenna is the least of the issues. The chip and modem are the critical components. That said, Tmobile has been migrating away from the 1700 band and should be completely off it in USA by 1st quarter 2013. So, that is not the real issue, the chip is a penta-band so that is not an issue, the settings and how the modem re-purposes the band IS the issue. Once we can get the TMO modem and kernel opened up and see the configuration..... we will rock. So be prepared.......:D:cool::D
    By flash to install?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

You do not install anything. The system dump is just a dump of the rom that is running on a device. Here is some info so maybe you can understand it better http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/40163-how-dump-system-files-developers.html