[THEME] N4 ParanoidAndroid 3.0 1% Battery Theme (No Flashing Needed)

Search This thread

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC
Thanks man, just installed on my n7 and the new apk works just fine.

I use to run the theme uberjelly just for the battery circle lol. Now i can use stock theme with your battery circle!

Cheers

Edit. It is in 1% incraments. Just watched battery go from 65-64-63-62!

I'm glad you're happy with it! I think I'm going to flash PA 3.0 on my nexus 7 now so I can test all my icons, then post it up at the Nexus 7 forum. I believe you 100% that it works, I just should test it if I can before posting it, since I actually do own a nexus 7..........

Thanks!! :D

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC
I've got a new theme up in the OP, this one is a percents theme in Roboto font, so it better matches android than the other text theme I had. It does not have a charging animation. I have the text change to green when it's charging instead. These icons had to be a little wider to fit the numbers and % sign, so it changes the spacing a little, but I think it looks better than not having the percent sign. :)

catastrop

Apr 17, 2010
Thanks for the theme, PA's developer didn't have enough time to add the battery percantage mode yet, the only missing part for me.:)

ronedogg

Nov 3, 2012
Update. Works on my ace s5830 not even running pa. I'm running 4.2.1 alpha 6 lol. With hdpi patch.

Looks like your APKs work everywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC
Thanks for the theme, PA's developer didn't have enough time to add the battery percantage mode yet, the only missing part for me.:)

Yep, this is really the only thing that has kept me from using PA full time. That's why I decided to make the themes in the first place. I'm really happy that so many people are getting use out of them!! :)

Can you do off center please?

Do you mean the off-center one from the icon pack? If so, I can do that. No problem!

Update. Works on my ace s5830 not even running pa. I'm running 4.2.1 alpha 6 lol. With hdpi patch.

Looks like your APKs work everywhere.

Awesome! I haven't made it around to testing on other ROMs yet, but wanted to. Glad to see its working! I was going to post them in the Nexus 7 forum, but the icons seem a little small on my N7. I wanted to try and fix that first. :)

Lexus fan

Oct 5, 2011
Hanoi
Do you mean the off-center one from the icon pack? If so, I can do that. No problem.

Yeah I mean something like this (attachment). You can get the images from the Battery percentage mod tool thread.
Can't thank you enough dude :)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361211996556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361211996556.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 330

ronedogg

Nov 3, 2012
Lol, u should see the size of the batt icon on uberjelly. At 160 DPI its not even readable.
I'm quite happy with the size on my n7. Bigger would be cool too.

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC
Just perfect ;)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

Glad you like it! Hopefully I'll get better at this theming thing and can be more creative......

Lol, u should see the size of the batt icon on uberjelly. At 160 DPI its not even readable.
I'm quite happy with the size on my n7. Bigger would be cool too.

Too small? Any particular one or all of them? I wish I could figure out a way to make them resize depending on screen size without them losing clarity. I can resize them in the theme but they look kinda fuzzy or just kinda crappy in general. When I tried to make them bigger for the N7 they get fuzzy looking. There's gotta be a way to do it though without losing quality. Other themes manage it.......

cb474

Oct 25, 2010
This is great! I've really been missing this in PA.

When I apply a theme I get a message that says: "Theme error. Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Is this normal? I select "Apply anyway" (instead of "Bummer") and everything so far seems fine.

Last edited:

Uh60m Pilot

May 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
Had a little glitch with my PA colors. Look at the battery. Haha.

Never mind the forum will not let me upload a pic. The number and battery icon are the same color.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC
Can you make a theme with ICS_Circle?

Sure! I'll post it tonight. :)

Had a little glitch with my PA colors. Look at the battery. Haha.

Never mind the forum will not let me upload a pic. The number and battery icon are the same color.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yeah it doesn't play very well with per app coloring. I've been looking into it, but haven't had much luck. Any theme that doesn't "stack" colors should work fine. The stock, off-center, or either thin theme will have issues. I think because one color is on top of another color, when PA changes colors they all change to the same thing. Sorry about that. :( I wish I could figure out how to stop it. There's obviously a way cause the signal and WiFi icons work, I just haven't found it yet. Its probably really simple too.........

Reactions: Brainbug01

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC

OK, the ICS Circle theme is in the OP now. Let me know what you think!

Now that I'm getting so many themes and images up, I think I'm running out of room to add attachments... lol. It's not really a problem on this thread yet because I'm posting all my images in the GNex thread and just linking them here, but I've only got one more upload spot there. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I could start putting the theme files for download? Someplace besides dropbox because I know they don't allow too much public traffic on links.

Thanks!

cb474

Oct 25, 2010
The charging animation for the off-center theme is a bit odd. It flashes back and forth between the thunderbolt charging image and the percent charge number in an odd irregular way. Any solution to this? I'd just a soon have no animation, just the off center percent number and the thunderbolt to show the phone is charging.

But thanks again for the themes. They really are great to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 02ranger

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC
Updated versions in the OP!

I've updated all of the themes that were in the OP with the changes necessary to fix the large icon problem. In stock UI now, the battery icons are the right size. Some (namely circle themes) are still a little bigger than the surrounding icons, but that's because they're supposed to be larger. They're actually the right size now, instead of too big. lol This also, IMHO, made the icons a little easier to read in Tablet UI (220). The only exception to the fix is the Roboto theme, which is still slightly smaller than it should be. I know why, but it'll be somewhat time-consuming to fix.

If you had a special requested theme, I plan to upload a fixed version of that too, I just wanted to get the OP done first.

02ranger

Sep 16, 2010
Salisbury NC
The charging animation for the off-center theme is a bit odd. It flashes back and forth between the thunderbolt charging image and the percent charge number in an odd irregular way. And solution to this? I'd just a soon have no animation, just the off center percent number and the thunderbolt to show the phone is charging.

But thanks again for the themes. They really are great to have.

I never really use that theme, so I hadn't noticed. It does look a little odd, though. Probably the best options I can think of right away is either no animation at all, (but then there's no lightning bolt either, just the number), have the numbers climb to 100 with no lightning bolt, or have it stay on the percent a little longer. Personally, I think staying on the percent a little longer and then continue the animation would look better. I think what makes it look weird now is that it starts the animation too fast and because the blue part doesn't fill in at 1% intervals, it makes the timing look all screwy. Right now its showing the standard percentage icon, then switching to the charging icons and running up the list of whatever charge is left until 100 in stock intervals (like every 15-20%), then starting over. I could add the lightning bolt along with percentages to the charge animation, but that will take a little bit longer because I'll have to edit ~100 images. Tell me which of those (or something similar) you'd like the best and I'm more than happy to do it. :)

Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was originally posted over on the Galaxy Nexus forums (linked in my sig), which is the device I have. A user (Kick-Ass Joe) tried the theme on his Nexus 4 and said it works perfectly fine, and I don't see any reason it wouldn't, as long as you're running Paranoid Android 3.0 (should work with other 4.2.x PA versions too). Once we found that it worked on his phone, he suggested you guys here might be interested. I don't have a Nexus 4 to test on, however, so please only test new versions if you're confident you can recover from any issues you may encounter. Please also let me know if you have any issues.

OK, many of you are like me and have been looking for 1% battery increments on the amazing Paranoid Android ROM. The devs have been working so hard on making the rest of the ROM great for us that they just haven't had a chance to add battery %. So I've made a theme for just that purpose! I know you can install one of thousands of themes out there that add battery %, but I have always been partial to the stock look of ICS and JB, so my theme will only add battery percent icons, nothing more. It applies via the built-in theme manager, so no flashing required! Just download the theme you want from the attachments below and install/apply like always. Also, please swing by this thread and hit the thanks button on the OP, ATTACK. It's his icon pack that has made most of these (maybe all) possible, given my rather limited photoshop skills. He OK'd the use of the icons, but I'd like to give him "something" back.

Thanks! :)

I've got 14 themes now.

1. Stock with white percentages overlaid. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

2. Circle Battery. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

3. Thin style with white percentages to the left. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

4. Thin style with ICS blue percentages to the left. Called CM Thin. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

5. Numbers only. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

6. Segmented Circle. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

7. Roboto font numbers only. No charging animation, just static green text while charging. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

8. Off-Center. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

9. ICS Circle battery. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

10. Dotted circle. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

11. Honeycomb style. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

12. Digital theme DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

13. SGS 3 Style icons. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

14. Percent Numbers, better than Roboto. DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

Each theme of icons can be installed side by side on the same phone. This way, if you want to change between different icons, you have the ability to do just that, without uninstalling or reinstalling anything.

Disclaimers/Warnings:
    *This is my first attempt at theming, but it has been running perfectly on my own Paranoid GNex for several days now, and another member (ben.nesheim) was kind enough to test as well. He has had no problems since applying the first theme Saturday night. At this point there are quite a few users with no issues. However, if for some reason you run into problems (themes won't apply, phone dies, ROM borked, dragons flying out of the charging port, etc... :D ), I am not responsible. I will help you however I can, though. I honestly can't think of anything this theme could do to your phone anyway, but you never know.

*MAKE A BACKUP! I know that sounds silly for a theme, but since this is my first try, I suggest you have a backup just in case. Again, there are two phones so far that have had no problems, but that doesn't mean they'll all work perfectly. So far I've had a good bit of downloads and comments in the Galaxy Nexus thread, and I think it's safe to say its stable. Still, make a backup just in case, especially since this is on a Nexus 4, which I can't test on....

*The theme works in all standard UI modes, (phone, phablet, various tablet) but I can't test every configuration out there. If you have issues let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

*You will most likely get the "This theme is missing assets for your screen size" message, but hit apply anyway. Almost every theme I've ever seen throws this message, but it doesn't affect anything in these themes.

*It should work on each version of PA that comes out, but there is a chance something will change to break it. I'm really not sure. I'll test when each version comes out, until there's no more demand for this theme.

Thanks for looking, and if anybody has any issues or requests, feel free to let me know!! Enjoy!

Changelog:
    -Initial release of stock and full circle themes (on GNex) (2/10/13)
    -Added thin style battery, started at v1.1 for conformity (On GNex) (2/11/13)
    -Changed the preview image in Theme Chooser to something a little nicer (Thanks ben.nesheim :) ) (2/11/13)
    -Fixed the issue where different themes showed same name in Settings>Apps after a reboot (2/11/13)
    -Changed the package name to better conform to android standards (2/11/13)
    -Added the numbers style theme (On GNex) (2/12/13)
    -Created thread in Nexus 4 forum, started with Thin, Stock, Full Circle, and Numbers themes (2/11/13)
    -Added CM Thin (Blue) style (2/12/13)
    -Added Segmented Style (2/17/13)
    -Finally remembered to add icon pack to OP (2/17/13)
    -Added Roboto theme (2/17/13)
    -Added Off-center theme (2/18/13)
    -Added ICS Circle theme (2/20/13)
    -Updated all themes in OP to v1.2, which fixes the issue where the icons were a little too big in stock UI (2/20/13)
    --When updating, I always get Themes Provider force close, and sometimes Gallery or Google Play. I have no idea why, but it has not caused a single issue for me...........
    -Added dotted and honeycomb styles (2/23/13)
    -Updated CM Thin theme due to bad preview (2/28/13)
    -Added Digital Theme (2/28/13)
    -Added SGS3 and Percent Numbers themes (3/2/13)

Credits
    -The ParanoidAndroid team for the amazing ROM for which this theme is designed
    -ATTACK for posting the icon package and giving me permission to use them
    -ben.nesheim for testing and helping
    -Titanic_fanatic, djdarkknight96, and TUN_SD for helping me figure out this themeing thing (well, as much as I know, at least, lol)
    -Kick-Ass Joe for testing on Nexus 4 and reporting it working
    I've changed the OP in each of my threads now, cleaning them up just a little, mostly the previews and uploads. My themes are no longer hosted on XDA, but instead are hosted on my Dropbox account. This way I don't have to upload them in 3 different threads everytime I have a new one or make a change. It's more of a copy-paste deal now. :) This has done better than I ever really anticipated, and so I never really thought I'd have as much on the OP's. I was actually running out of upload slots in the original thread :D lol. I read that the limit on Dropbox accounts is 20GB/day so I really don't think this will ever reach THAT level of popularity (I think I figured it would take something like 1816 downloads on each theme per day to reach that traffic) but if anybody has issues with downloads, I'll find someplace else to host the files. Worst case, I'll go back to putting them on XDA as attachments and maybe get a mod to add a post or two for me at the beginning of the thread, since I didn't have foresight enough to reserve them. (doh!)

Thank you all for the kind words, feedback, and even requests! This has been an awesome experience for me, and I am excited to keep working on it, even as simple as these are! :) Those of you who have made requests that I haven't fulfilled yet, I am working on it. Just a couple out there I think.... Those that I haven't been able to fulfill your requests, I apologize. I am really still a noob here, but it's a great learning experience!!!
    Sweet

Been waiting for this. Works well, except when PA changes status bar colours, the numbers in the stock icon disappear. The numbers or thin battery works best if you have per app colours set.

However the battery meter fills up to full in the set colour as you can see in attachement. Anyway, not huge issues, thanks for this.

OK, the ICS Circle theme is in the OP now. Let me know what you think!

Now that I'm getting so many themes and images up, I think I'm running out of room to add attachments... lol. It's not really a problem on this thread yet because I'm posting all my images in the GNex thread and just linking them here, but I've only got one more upload spot there. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I could start putting the theme files for download? Someplace besides dropbox because I know they don't allow too much public traffic on links.

Thanks!
    Yup,.. at the time i was on the Feb 14 build. I'm now on the Feb 15 build, (as in my sig, but since i know you can't see sigs in tapatalk/xda app....)
    Circle version still working like a champ!

BootLoader: MAKOZ10o
    Baseband: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.48

-Rom: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb15) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait + franco.Kernel r80 :highfive:

-Launcher: ADW Launcher
    -Theme: [THEME] N4 ParanoidAndroid 3.0 1% Battery Theme

OK, I'm glad it's working with 4.2.2. I think most of the problems so far have been fixable, and to be honest, this is a really simple theme so there shouldn't be any reason it won't work with any version of 4.2 PA, maybe any 4.2.x ROM period. And I was on Tapatalk so I didn't see the sig, but I thought a while after my post that maybe your info was in the sig. :) I kinda wish Tapatalk would add the forum signatures in, instead of separate signatures........ Oh well, seems like they're more interested in sticking ads in........ :(

I don't think I'll be able to fix the per app color issue on the stock icons, but the thin batteries I think are fixable. I think the pa colors work by changing any part of the icon that currently has a color value to the new color. That means the white percentages, blue filled in part of the battery and grey non-filled part of the battery all get changed to the same color. I really don't know any way to make the battery percents visible while keeping the battery behind it. I'm pretty sure any theme that doesn't have colors "stacked" on top of each other should be good. I'm still working on fixing the thin batteries, though........

Edit: I don't if that's right on the per app colors, either. I just realized the signal and wifi icons still color correctly. I'll keep working on it........ :(

Lastly, I added this to the thread in the GNex forums and didn't get a lot of response (only 7 downloads), but I'll try it here and see if you guys like it. It is a combo theme that, when on stock or phablet UI's, will show the full circle battery, but on any tablet UI shows the CM thin (blue) battery. I did that because the circle battery can be difficult to read on tablet UI, but looks really good in stock. I may need to do something different with phablet too, but I want to see if anybody uses this first. I honestly won't use it myself, because how often does anybody really change UI modes? But it was easy to make, so I thought I'd try it to see if it works, and then share it. Let me know if any of you like it or want one with different icon sets! :D