CWM on MK2

Search This thread

circsmonky

Sep 19, 2010
I just got the phone on sat, rooted yesterday. i got a head of myself and through ROM manager i installed CWM. as i understand it this shouldnt have even worked but it did. i have yet to reboot or anything as i assume i wont boot back up. i want to make sure that this wasnt a fluke and somehow i got CWM on my phone when i should have before i fix it.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I just got the phone on sat, rooted yesterday. i got a head of myself and through ROM manager i installed CWM. as i understand it this shouldnt have even worked but it did. i have yet to reboot or anything as i assume i wont boot back up. i want to make sure that this wasnt a fluke and somehow i got CWM on my phone when i should have before i fix it.

No it didn't install it. Someone else on here did this as well. If you try to get into recovery it'll just send you to stock recovery. Your lucky it didn't brick your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

circsmonky

Sep 19, 2010
I put safestrap on no issues. though i dont like the idea of partioning my storage just for a rom. i like stock, except for 4x4 home screens i like 5x4. im prob gonna do a tibu back up and fully unroot wipe then re root just incase. im usually not as dumb as i was i just got excited cause new phone and i hadnt really played with my phone in a while. i forgot how much fun it is.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I put safestrap on no issues. though i dont like the idea of partioning my storage just for a rom. i like stock, except for 4x4 home screens i like 5x4. im prob gonna do a tibu back up and fully unroot wipe then re root just incase. im usually not as dumb as i was i just got excited cause new phone and i hadnt really played with my phone in a while. i forgot how much fun it is.

Well that's good. Yea I was jw some have bricked their phones trying to do what you had done.. and others it didn't do a thing.
Lot of SafeStrap ROMs out now for your phone, before in got my mdk s4 and had one like you... There was maybe 2 solid ROMs for SafeStrap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk