Flashed TWRP 2.7 - Pad is now dead!

Search This thread

tgatlinjr

Jul 5, 2010
Arlington Texas
I tried to flash the new ver of TWRP 2.7 - it appeared to be ok after flashing. I then tried to reboot and my Nexus 7 is DEAD!

It had appox 70 charge so I am pretty sure that is not the problem. I have tried to manually boot into recovery - same result nothing.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks much!

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
I tried to flash the new ver of TWRP 2.7 - it appeared to be ok after flashing. I then tried to reboot and my Nexus 7 is DEAD!

It had appox 70 charge so I am pretty sure that is not the problem. I have tried to manually boot into recovery - same result nothing.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks much!

How were you flashing it? Manually or toolkit? Can you get to the bootloader? If so, fastboot flash the factory image.

tgatlinjr

Jul 5, 2010
Arlington Texas
Volume up + power= recovery.
Volume down + power=bootloader.

Neither of those work?

That is correct - Neither work, I have tried both many times.

I, also have connected it to my computer using the Nexus Tool Kit by Wugfresh. When I plug the usb cable into the Nexus there is a sound as if the computer sees the pad - but nothing works on the toolkit - it comes back saying it does no detect the ADB connection. it was working a couple of days ago when I used it.

STILL STUMPTED!

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX
That is correct - Neither work, I have tried both many times.

I, also have connected it to my computer using the Nexus Tool Kit by Wugfresh. When I plug the usb cable into the Nexus there is a sound as if the computer sees the pad - but nothing works on the toolkit - it comes back saying it does no detect the ADB connection. it was working a couple of days ago when I used it.

STILL STUMPTED!

This is a stumper indeed.
How did you flash the new TWRP? Recovery, toolkit, or bootloader?
Are you using Windows? What shows up in the Windows Device Manager when you plug it into your computer?

This is a long shot, but sometimes you have to hold the power button down for more than a minute to get it to boot.

tgatlinjr

Jul 5, 2010
Arlington Texas
This is a stumper indeed.
How did you flash the new TWRP? Recovery, toolkit, or bootloader?
Are you using Windows? What shows up in the Windows Device Manager when you plug it into your computer?

This is a long shot, but sometimes you have to hold the power button down for more than a minute to get it to boot.

Hi -

I tried holding the power button down for over three minutes - no luck.

I downloaded the latest TRWP zip file from their website and then flashed it with the older version of TWRP - I thought I had done this before. Was that a bad move?

I am using Windows and the Device Manager shows the Yellow ! followed by "QHSUSB_Dload". I have no clue what that means - I hope it helps and someone recognizes it.

Thanks for the reply!

Ted

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX
Hi -

I tried holding the power button down for over three minutes - no luck.

I downloaded the latest TRWP zip file from their website and then flashed it with the older version of TWRP - I thought I had done this before. Was that a bad move?

I am using Windows and the Device Manager shows the Yellow ! followed by "QHSUSB_Dload". I have no clue what that means - I hope it helps and someone recognizes it.

Thanks for the reply!

Ted

The TWRP site only has img files available for download, so I'm not sure which file you flashed.

I don't have any experience with qhusb_dload. Searching through the forums here didn't reveal much except to say that holding volume down and power eventually got to the bootloader.

Hopefully somebody else reading this has some ideas...

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton
The TWRP site only has img files available for download, so I'm not sure which file you flashed.

I don't have any experience with qhusb_dload. Searching through the forums here didn't reveal much except to say that holding volume down and power eventually got to the bootloader.

Hopefully somebody else reading this has some ideas...

This is not true there is a flashable version too, that's how I flashed mine. Silly question have you plugged your pad into the mains charger for at least half an hour, and try again =hold down -volume and power botton. hope it works mate!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
Bootloader is corrupt, no way one can bring it back on. I think you must have flashed recovery of some other device.
Send it back to asus or find someone who can jtag it.
Btw where are flashable zips of recovery on official twrp website? I have only seen img files

Last edited: