[Q] TWRP can't find any zip files I put onto phone!

Search This thread

Altom85

Dec 26, 2013
Hershey
A few weird things are happening on my phone and I'm quite concerned (even though it's actually working perfectly fine, which is the weirdest part of all!)

A little background: I recently wiped my phone and flashed the Sense 5 Android 4.3, stock rom. Now I'm trying to flash Viper 4.0.

First of all, as the title suggests, whenever I put a zip file on my phone it doesn't show in the TWRP recovery. I downloaded the correct one on the site (the newest one for the HTC EVO 4G LTE) so I don't think that's the problem. Also, I tried to push the file Viper zip onto my phone using this program called WinDroid Toolkit, and it claims it did but when I go into TWRP I cannot see the zip file at all, and if I try to use other folder names (such as the 'boot' folder I saw when I was in TWRP recovery) it says those folders don't exist!

Second of all, TWRP claims there is no OS installed on my phone but when I reboot my phone, it's fine! It just goes to the home screen as usual and it works perfectly fine... so I don't understand this warning but I couldn't shake the feeling that this was relevant to my issue.

I've been combing the forums looking for this type of problem, and I've tried multiple things but to no avail. I've read snippets about partition problems after formatting some phones but I'm not sure because there doesn't seem to be much information about it (at least from what I could find).

G

GuestK0087

A few weird things are happening on my phone and I'm quite concerned (even though it's actually working perfectly fine, which is the weirdest part of all!)

A little background: I recently wiped my phone and flashed the Sense 5 Android 4.3, stock rom. Now I'm trying to flash Viper 4.0.

First of all, as the title suggests, whenever I put a zip file on my phone it doesn't show in the TWRP recovery. I downloaded the correct one on the site (the newest one for the HTC EVO 4G LTE) so I don't think that's the problem. Also, I tried to push the file Viper zip onto my phone using this program called WinDroid Toolkit, and it claims it did but when I go into TWRP I cannot see the zip file at all, and if I try to use other folder names (such as the 'boot' folder I saw when I was in TWRP recovery) it says those folders don't exist!

Second of all, TWRP claims there is no OS installed on my phone but when I reboot my phone, it's fine! It just goes to the home screen as usual and it works perfectly fine... so I don't understand this warning but I couldn't shake the feeling that this was relevant to my issue.

I've been combing the forums looking for this type of problem, and I've tried multiple things but to no avail. I've read snippets about partition problems after formatting some phones but I'm not sure because there doesn't seem to be much information about it (at least from what I could find).

Try using the TWRP found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Altom85

Dec 26, 2013
Hershey
Okay, well I flashed that TWRP and now I'm stuck at the white HTC screen. I can't even get into the bootloader, it just continually boots to the white HTC screen. Thoughts?

FesterCluck

Apr 30, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20
Okay, well I flashed that TWRP and now I'm stuck at the white HTC screen. I can't even get into the bootloader, it just continually boots to the white HTC screen. Thoughts?

RUU or ViperRUU. TBH it sounds like the behavior of a dirty flash. ViperRUU is especially helpful in these situations.

Once done, use the TWRP recommended by Evolution_Freak. There were some major changes to the partitioning in the last few releases, make sure your recovery is appropriate for your ROM.

Reactions: Altom85

Altom85

Dec 26, 2013
Hershey
RUU or ViperRUU. TBH it sounds like the behavior of a dirty flash. ViperRUU is especially helpful in these situations.

Once done, use the TWRP recommended by Evolution_Freak. There were some major changes to the partitioning in the last few releases, make sure your recovery is appropriate for your ROM.

Ok it's not stuck anymore, I can get into recovery and bootloader, so I'm not in a panic anymore at least :) However, my computer is not detecting my phone, nor is VipeRUU. If I try to mount to the computer via TWRP, nothing comes up. BTW my recovery is 2.7.8.0b now. Still no OS, still gets stuck on the HTC screen until I boot to recovery or bootloader

Edit: Now the computer tries to install drivers for my phone whenever I plug it in. It pops up as HTC MTP Device, always fails to install, then has a warning in the device manager. So I uninstalled the drivers, uninstalled HTC Sync, reinstalled HTC Sync. Didn't help. This is beyond frustrating...

Edit 2: After scouring the internet someone said to lock the bootloader and that'll allow my PC to see my phone. Well, now i have a RELOCKED (that's what it says on top) bootloader and I'm no closer to the solution methinks. I'm ready to just throw this phone out the window.

Edit 3: I actually discovered ViperRUU has a way to bypass the initial screen so I can use it in bootloader. Great, except now it's stuck on "Flashing..." and has been for half an hour. I really might throw this phone out the window.

5th and final edit: VipeRUU just would not work at all, so I had to go back to an older stock RUU, which sucks but at least my phone is working now :) Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download this twrp http://d-h.st/7Cr

name it properly and fastboot flash it. after that mount your device to you pc and transfer a rom zip to storage.