What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Hey for those of you die hard Energy rom 6.5 users (Like me) and want to switch to ICS for android on your SD card. Take this file, extract it, then put that file and replace the run.mscr file in /windows/

Basically all it does it change the loading path from android folder to the ics folder. (Not sure if the folder mattered, but since the roms I downloaded for ICS all talk about using ICS folder instead of the old "Android" one I figured id just fix the loading of "Launch Android" icon we have in this rom)
Thanks. Latest and fastest thing is NativeSD Rom Boot Script for HD2 run from NativeSD folder. Recommend you to try it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673
I attach 2 MortScripts for NativeSD & for Recovery.
Cheers
Tom

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• NativeSD-mscr.zip
    942 bytes · Views: 69
Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa

cemtex

Jan 18, 2008
Download link

Hi,

Does anyone have any download links for this rom, as i want to restore a hd2 for someone?

thanks

Last edited:

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
legendary ROM is legendary

this ROM continues to persist, even a year after I left it :D

guesst what... I'm back to flash this on my spare HD2 :D

Good idea as it shows Android up for the shower of an advertising scam & shoddy app market it really is.
Biggest mistake Microsoft ever made was not pursuing Windows Mobile development at a faster pace & not realizing the potential of the smartphone OS market .
Fortunately my companies IT department banned Android & IOS so I get to stay with WM6.5.x for some time yet.
My first TMOUS died recently but fortunately it had signed a donor card so it will help revive other HD2s in our fleet ...

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
The funny part is WM6.5 still goes on puzzling people when I'm showing off just Outlook (well, actually, HTC Calendar). Just this makes them jealous...

So yeah, Microsoft obviously didn't know how to sell a promising OS.

It has all you would like to succeed, but it lacked the most important : real support and marketing from its own makers. It was just unknown to most people ! Almost unbelievable, but true.

Plus of course, they could have spend some time to correct glitches here and there, and enhance the UI ergonomy and look.

HTC actually did it for them... But there are still some glitches left : missing function here, no copy-paste there, graphic bug on the phone canvas keyboard icon placement, etc.

But most of it can be enriched with some work, as Mode 9 and LUA scripts can be edited, and the Microsoft Express SDK allow to compile .Net or native C++ or C# programs in command line without buying a licence, allowing infinite developments... But of course, there will still lack the large developers community they deserve, and of course, active support from Microsoft, so such projects will remain mostly confidential.

On the other hand, WP7 seems to have evolved from a mostly useless toy à la iPhone, to the more seriously featured WP7.5 version.

Windows 8 on tablets is said to be very downsized as compared to desktop versions, and even worse, unable to run the same software... But this situation may evolve too.

So maybe Windows 8 would prove itself a serious replacement solution for WM6.5 Pro in a near future ?

In the meanwhile, I wouldn't drop WM6.5 for any reason. It just does what I need for professional use.

While I'm here, does anybody know what to change in the ROM image to replace Office Mobile 2010 with a previous version ? I've got trouble with Mobile Word and Excel 2010 to select a specific folder to save files, as it will only display a limited list ! It's just uneasy to store it anywhere, then having to move the files using an explorer...

Last edited:

Shreyas

Jul 2, 2008
Bangalore
NRGZ28 could you please share your Kitchen with us? Please. It would help a lot of people here. We love your ROM and we do not want to go for any other ROM until our HD2 dies. I'm asking for the kitchen only to remove some of the unusable apps present in the ROM now. Example, Marketplace, Facebook App, etc.. So that we can strip down the ROM & make it lighter. Else if you don't wanna share the kitchen at least could you strip down the ROM in your free time.

Just a request. (Or can we use this ROM on any other kitchen available?)

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
after all the messing about with numerous devices including latest note 2 and s3 etc i find myself putting them down to head down memory lane..............hd2 and this rom! still works just as well as it did all those years ago. i miss this as it was when things were good :D would love to see an update for old times sake lol.

ganimed_15

Nov 24, 2010
Outlook problem

Can anyone help me,I receive company mail on hd2 but after mail or two mobile is just freeze and I need to pull battery out and then power on device to be able to work normal again to the next mail.Does anybody have any idea.

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
On a general basis, free storage memory is really a concern on the non-T-Mobile HD2, and NRGZ's full ROMS are really crammed up to the top.

Well, at least when, as I did, you add a few Sense tabs... :p

So I began to work on a lightened version. Though still useful and appreciated, a lot of utilities can be installed to the SD card instead of internal memory, where they can't be removed as they're in ROM. I also removed most themes, ringtones, screen backgrounds, other languages files, etc. I've still got to remove utilities however, and transfer them to XDA-UC in CAB form.

I also removed the integrated Opera browser so the user can install the one he wishes (either Opera 9, 10, Mini, etc. or even just keep ie mobile and binds it to the Sense Internet tab as the default browser).

Next step will be to remove all graphics elements files. Why ? because when you want to skin WinMo or Sense over a ROM, the original files are then hidden but not replaced, thus occupying twice the room for nothing. Once again, the default theme and skinning will be put in XDA-UC (at least Sense elements, as otherwise WinMo could refuse to start if its own elements are missing).

I found Opera 9 really made a mess out of the system. Each time I use it, if it didn't crash WinMo during browsing yet after I opened a lot of tabs, I have to reset anyway. It also leaves a lot of useless temporary files, so now I always use ClearTemp after each use of Opera, as I have no more than about 40 MB left (I'm still using one of my older prototypes, not having time to save all and reflash :p), and I can't afford losing anymore, or Windows Mobile will start to slow down, then crash.

I have no problem with messaging, though, even using HTC Messaging (the recent version without the slow down when a lot of messages are present). I recently started settting email accounts (I wasn't using them on the HD2 until recently) and they work great.

It's actually easier to read emails form the HTC client than from a webmail, because of Opera's problems. I setup them as IMAP rather than POP3, however, or it would have filled up the few memory left in no time ! Since I empty my box once I've read my emails from both my home and office, I always only have the last emails left on the HD2, and it fits exactly my needs, without filling up the remaining storage memory. It's absolutely great like that, and I never got any stability concern.

One last staibility concern is CHT 2.0. Since some other cooks have stated the version that NRGZ put in his ROMs has problems, maybe one day I'll start from a CHT-less version and add it separately. I faced three main problems with the embedded CHT 2.0 :

- CHT Lock is still crashing the system, so I'm not using it ;

- Sometimes the small squares indicating the page position on the Home tab will display as one huge square instead !

- CHT is apparently writing randomly into the registry, filling up the quiclinks area. This leads to icons appearing or disappearing randomly on the quicklinks pages.

Most of these problems have been reported a lot of times, but Co0kie is apparently ignoring them, as usual actually. But chances are, as stated elsewhere, the problems aren't present on fresh installs from the original CAB, so maybe I should give it a try first.

I'm also always testing a lot of settings, mainly about HTC Scroll sensitivity and peripherals polling frequencies. I've achieved very fast thus precise slide moves and keybord typing, fast screen rotation and extra-long battery life (more than two days) with all Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, Data, push-email, etc. activated and intensive use.

Anyway, the whole setup still perfectly fits my professional needs and I'm not intending to switch to Android yet. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: b12rtc

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Cookie / Quicklink / Random registry write

Are you referring to contacts not appearing correct after a flash and restore?

If that is the case, I wrote an app that fixes that. The issue was that Cookie stores the outlook Contact ID. But after a flash and restore and then getting the contacts by syncing with exchange, these ids change. So, after a restore the quicklinks would be all messed up. The app I worte lets you actually save the entries. Then import them with the corrected values after syncing with exchange.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9734805&postcount=360

If it is something different, please describe.

I never noticed anything really random with the quicklinks and Cookie after figuring out what was going on.

I had Energy ROMs on my Touch Pro 2 and Touch Pro and there were very few differences. Most of his ROMs between devices did not change much, aside from drivers (and screen size for the Touch Pro). I would expect the Cookie enhancements to be identical in the Touch Pro 2 and HD2, since the resolution is the same between devices.

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Are you referring to contacts not appearing correct after a flash and restore?

If that is the case, I wrote an app that fixes that. The issue was that Cookie stores the outlook Contact ID. But after a flash and restore and then getting the contacts by syncing with exchange, these ids change. So, after a restore the quicklinks would be all messed up. The app I worte lets you actually save the entries. Then import them with the corrected values after syncing with exchange.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9734805&postcount=360

If it is something different, please describe.

I never noticed anything really random with the quicklinks and Cookie after figuring out what was going on.

I had Energy ROMs on my Touch Pro 2 and Touch Pro and there were very few differences. Most of his ROMs between devices did not change much, aside from drivers (and screen size for the Touch Pro). I would expect the Cookie enhancements to be identical in the Touch Pro 2 and HD2, since the resolution is the same between devices.

I have experienced same as Z80-Man in terms of quick links (not contact links only) moving position or one being replaced by a duplicate of a quick link from another one of my 3 CHT pages.
Had same issue on my Touch Pro with NRG ROM.
could be exact CHT settings we use & personal usage etc contribute to it thus why not all see the issue.
I have a backup of my ideal CHT setup & a mortscript to recover if needed but happens very very infrequent so no great concern for me.

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
I'm going to do the same.

Actually, the quicklinks (NOT the contacts : I never had any issue with them, and I use Zenyee's tool to restore them after a PIM restore, when flashing a new ROM - which I hadn't done for almost a year now except on other people's HD2s anyway) sometimes become such a mess that only a CHT Editor restore can save me.

So yes, I'm going to write some kind of "super soft reset" MortScript performing a preferred CHT setup restore + ClearTemp + soft reset.

I'm also still saying that Opera 9 makes a mess of the RAM and system stability, but, well, it's too pleasant to use to be replaced. Opera Mini can't perform a progressive zoom, so it's just unuseable. Period. AFAIK, ie mobile can't open popup tabs, while a lot of website to use them, for instance to log on to a forum. So, no tab browsing = unuseable as well. Period.

We're really screwed since all developpers dropped WM 6.5, and we have to use wha'ts remaining... But I still can't see what I could replace it with.

Hmmm anyway, thanks for the fix, JVH3.

Now I'm thinking about it, I'm actually using two "contacts" quicklinks : one to transfer all phone calls to my office (in order to avoid having both phones ringing at the same time), and one to cancel the transfer when I'm outside.

So if you mean the quicklinks will screw up only when there are contacts among them, then I'll try your fix.

I alos had some cases where the quicklink property were self modified so they displayed the record instead of dialing ! The small icon in the corner actually had changed accordingly. Once again, it was faster to restore the whole previously saved CHT settings than manually editing the registry.

However, all the people I know have do the same issue with quicklinks appearing, duplicating, disappearing or replacing others randomly, even if they don't use any contact quicklilnks.

Last edited:

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Yes I get quick link issue without contact quick links and so do all our HD2 work device users but once setup & you reduce quick link adjustments the issue becomes very infrequent.
As for browser I use a ninja duck version of Opera 10 as found it better in layout & function, been using it & same older ROM (version as sig) for close to 2 years without reflash or need for hard resets as was rock solid.
Only recently reflashed the rom as needed new mainboard as charge circuit burnt out ...
The kitchen would be nice as some cleaning and personal tweaks would be best & only way forward really.
still makes android look poor in many way and has apps I can't find suitable android alternatives for.
Plus no permission & ad bullsh1t and best data control of any OS.
All the new platforms are a step backwards really ...

Shreyas

Jul 2, 2008
Bangalore
How?

How did you customize the ROM? I mean how did you remove unnecessary stuffs from the ROM?

On a general basis, free storage memory is really a concern on the non-T-Mobile HD2, and NRGZ's full ROMS are really crammed up to the top.

Well, at least when, as I did, you add a few Sense tabs... :p

So I began to work on a lightened version. Though still useful and appreciated, a lot of utilities can be installed to the SD card instead of internal memory, where they can't be removed as they're in ROM. I also removed most themes, ringtones, screen backgrounds, other languages files, etc. I've still got to remove utilities however, and transfer them to XDA-UC in CAB form.

I also removed the integrated Opera browser so the user can install the one he wishes (either Opera 9, 10, Mini, etc. or even just keep ie mobile and binds it to the Sense Internet tab as the default browser).

Next step will be to remove all graphics elements files. Why ? because when you want to skin WinMo or Sense over a ROM, the original files are then hidden but not replaced, thus occupying twice the room for nothing. Once again, the default theme and skinning will be put in XDA-UC (at least Sense elements, as otherwise WinMo could refuse to start if its own elements are missing).

I found Opera 9 really made a mess out of the system. Each time I use it, if it didn't crash WinMo during browsing yet after I opened a lot of tabs, I have to reset anyway. It also leaves a lot of useless temporary files, so now I always use ClearTemp after each use of Opera, as I have no more than about 40 MB left (I'm still using one of my older prototypes, not having time to save all and reflash :p), and I can't afford losing anymore, or Windows Mobile will start to slow down, then crash.

I have no problem with messaging, though, even using HTC Messaging (the recent version without the slow down when a lot of messages are present). I recently started settting email accounts (I wasn't using them on the HD2 until recently) and they work great.

It's actually easier to read emails form the HTC client than from a webmail, because of Opera's problems. I setup them as IMAP rather than POP3, however, or it would have filled up the few memory left in no time ! Since I empty my box once I've read my emails from both my home and office, I always only have the last emails left on the HD2, and it fits exactly my needs, without filling up the remaining storage memory. It's absolutely great like that, and I never got any stability concern.

One last staibility concern is CHT 2.0. Since some other cooks have stated the version that NRGZ put in his ROMs has problems, maybe one day I'll start from a CHT-less version and add it separately. I faced three main problems with the embedded CHT 2.0 :

- CHT Lock is still crashing the system, so I'm not using it ;

- Sometimes the small squares indicating the page position on the Home tab will display as one huge square instead !

- CHT is apparently writing randomly into the registry, filling up the quiclinks area. This leads to icons appearing or disappearing randomly on the quicklinks pages.

Most of these problems have been reported a lot of times, but Co0kie is apparently ignoring them, as usual actually. But chances are, as stated elsewhere, the problems aren't present on fresh installs from the original CAB, so maybe I should give it a try first.

I'm also always testing a lot of settings, mainly about HTC Scroll sensitivity and peripherals polling frequencies. I've achieved very fast thus precise slide moves and keybord typing, fast screen rotation and extra-long battery life (more than two days) with all Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, Data, push-email, etc. activated and intensive use.

Anyway, the whole setup still perfectly fits my professional needs and I'm not intending to switch to Android yet. ;)

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Well, not having the kitchen handy, the hard way, actually. :laugh:

I'm just using HTC ROM Editor 0.5.0.12.

I don't have much time now, but I have to try and modify the registry too, now...

I modified a lot of tools, programs, dlls, Sense scripts, and so on.

My tools are mainly (apart ROM Editor) :

- Restorator

- UnSigner.exe

- siggner.exe

- M9Editor

- LuaTool 1.2

- SQLLiteAdmin

- IcoFX

- Smartione to test registry settings directly on the HD2 from the PC, and import/export regsitry areas

- WinCE CAB Manager 3.0 (paying, but worth it)

- Notepad (for programs shortcuts, MortScripts, etc.)

- Notepad2 (for Manila tabs, XML files, LUA scripts, etc.)

Plus some others, mainly graphic tools, up to anybodys choice and tastes...

bzhmobile

Feb 11, 2010
Paris
There's a long time ago I came on this thread...:angel:

I have a noob question :D

One of our members on the french forum ask about the MMS configuration, and don't find where to configure the server...
And there is a long time ago i was on WinMo Nrg's Rom (I don't remember too, it's not in SMS application --> More --> Menu --> Options MMS... ---> Servers)

aldai2

May 20, 2009
There's a long time ago I came on this thread...:angel:

I have a noob question :D

One of our members on the french forum ask about the MMS configuration, and don't find where to configure the server...
And there is a long time ago i was on WinMo Nrg's Rom (I don't remember too, it's not in SMS application --> More --> Menu --> Options MMS... ---> Servers)
Have a search on your own forum !!! :laugh::laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)