Broke my WIFI (SPH-L720T) SOLVED

Search This thread

oaomcg

Sep 3, 2010
I have a SPH-L720T

A few months ago I rooted using CF-Auto-Root and everything was working fine. I made no other changes.
Last night I tried to update the phone using Kies so I could start using the WIFI calling. It seemed to update fine and started up but the WIFI was off. Now it cannot be turned on. Slide the switch to ON and it immediately switches back to OFF. I eventually did a factory reset on the phone but that did not resolve the problem. But it did start showing a message when I try to turn on WIFI that security software has disallowed the action. I went into SuperSU and it asked to turn of Knox. I did that. Now the message doesn't come up any more but WIFI still can't be turned on.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do next?

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
I have a SPH-L720T

A few months ago I rooted using CF-Auto-Root and everything was working fine. I made no other changes.
Last night I tried to update the phone using Kies so I could start using the WIFI calling. It seemed to update fine and started up but the WIFI was off. Now it cannot be turned on. Slide the switch to ON and it immediately switches back to OFF. I eventually did a factory reset on the phone but that did not resolve the problem. But it did start showing a message when I try to turn on WIFI that security software has disallowed the action. I went into SuperSU and it asked to turn of Knox. I did that. Now the message doesn't come up any more but WIFI still can't be turned on.

Odin the latest tar file (locate it yourself and if you don't know how to use Odin there are plenty of threads and posts on how to). And perform another factory reset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oaomcg

VandyCWG

Odin the latest tar file (locate it yourself and if you don't know how to use Odin there are plenty of threads and posts on how to). And perform another factory reset.

Agree with this one. Odin to NC6. If you really wanted, ODIN back to NAF, see if Wifi works, then ODIN to NC6, and if wifi still works, re-root with CFAutoRoot

Reactions: oaomcg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a SPH-L720T

Agree with this one. Odin to NC6. If you really wanted, ODIN back to NAF, see if Wifi works, then ODIN to NC6, and if wifi still works, re-root with CFAutoRoot
    That did the trick without the need for another factory reset. Again I appreciate the help. Thank you.
    @negamann303 PM sent..Btw, the rom is looking awesome.. You are the man

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
    I suggest you put "solved" in the title of the thread so when someone in the future runs into the same problem they know where to find the answer.

o don't understand , I have same problem with wifi . please expline how can I solve it .