Can't stream youtube in HD

Search This thread

jda2631

Jul 12, 2012
For some reason whenever i try to watch a video on youtube in HD (it defaults to HD) I get audio but just a blank black screen for video. My internet connection is fine, whenever I use my computer on the same network, it streams the same video in HD just fine.

Any ideas?

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
@jda2631 You mean it defaults to SD?

Yeah I've had all sorts of issues lately with YouTube app on my tablet and phone. Mainly with videos always bufferring then its fine for a bit and then it messes up again. I just think the app is RUBBISH tbh.

Try clearing the cache the data and then uninstall it. Then re-install and see if it does the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

jda2631

Jul 12, 2012
@jda2631 You mean it defaults to SD?

Yeah I've had all sorts of issues lately with YouTube app on my tablet and phone. Mainly with videos always bufferring then its fine for a bit and then it messes up again. I just think the app is RUBBISH tbh.

Try clearing the cache the data and then uninstall it. Then re-install and see if it does the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

no, it defaults to HD anytime I play a video, so I just get audio and black screen. I have to go and turn it off of HD then I get video, but lower quality obviously.